U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-22-2012, 12:49 PM
 
499 posts, read 526,723 times
Reputation: 349

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In all sincerity. If you are afraid of the orbs - do a little experiment. Go into the area with the most orbs with your flash camera and take pictures before kicking up the carpet/rugs/etc and after kicking up the carpet/rugs/etc.

You'll feel much safer. There is a reason that orbs didn't exist until flash photography.
So how do you explain the orbs that I saw in real life and not on a photograph? I am quite nervous by nature but on the two occasions felt very calm and comforted is the only way I can describe it. As said, I actually put my foot on one on the floor and the bright orb just appeared on my foot. I am a very lapsed R.C. and do not believe in a God as the Bible teaches, after all the Bible was written my men. I do however believe in life after death and the only religion I have found any comfort in is the Spiritulist one. They don't threaten hell and damnation, just comfort. I rarely attend their services, the last time was about 20 years ago so I am not indoctrinated in anyway. I find this thread very interesting but no one has come up with any kind of explanation for the bright orbs I saw on two occasions in my bed-room.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2012, 04:16 PM
 
16 posts, read 22,066 times
Reputation: 47
Dust bunnies.... especially if you are using a flash.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
 
4,527 posts, read 5,444,481 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
So how do you explain the orbs that I saw in real life and not on a photograph? I am quite nervous by nature but on the two occasions felt very calm and comforted is the only way I can describe it. As said, I actually put my foot on one on the floor and the bright orb just appeared on my foot. I am a very lapsed R.C. and do not believe in a God as the Bible teaches, after all the Bible was written my men. I do however believe in life after death and the only religion I have found any comfort in is the Spiritulist one. They don't threaten hell and damnation, just comfort. I rarely attend their services, the last time was about 20 years ago so I am not indoctrinated in anyway. I find this thread very interesting but no one has come up with any kind of explanation for the bright orbs I saw on two occasions in my bed-room.


i had the same question many posts ago and the ones i saw were in the dark and again under artificial lights------all i got was crickets in response
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Status: "Joy cometh in the morning" (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,788 posts, read 26,071,227 times
Reputation: 55969
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In all sincerity. If you are afraid of the orbs - do a little experiment. Go into the area with the most orbs with your flash camera and take pictures before kicking up the carpet/rugs/etc and after kicking up the carpet/rugs/etc.

You'll feel much safer. There is a reason that orbs didn't exist until flash photography.
Who's afraid? I am curious though.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Status: "Joy cometh in the morning" (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,788 posts, read 26,071,227 times
Reputation: 55969
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
So how do you explain the orbs that I saw in real life and not on a photograph? I am quite nervous by nature but on the two occasions felt very calm and comforted is the only way I can describe it. As said, I actually put my foot on one on the floor and the bright orb just appeared on my foot. I am a very lapsed R.C. and do not believe in a God as the Bible teaches, after all the Bible was written my men. I do however believe in life after death and the only religion I have found any comfort in is the Spiritulist one. They don't threaten hell and damnation, just comfort. I rarely attend their services, the last time was about 20 years ago so I am not indoctrinated in anyway. I find this thread very interesting but no one has come up with any kind of explanation for the bright orbs I saw on two occasions in my bed-room.
I can't explain them. I only know that what you saw was not dust.

I'm not a "Hell Fire and damnation" person myself. I'm a Christian and not all Christian churches teach that. Not all RCs believe that either.

All Fundamentalists do though. Fundamentalist Christians.

Just because I am curious and interested in something does not mean I'm frightened.

There is so much in this world that can not adaquately be explained by science - or by organized religion.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 PM
 
13,593 posts, read 22,224,588 times
Reputation: 24351
Well -- All I know is one day I shook out some towels in the living room during the late after noon with the sun coming through the stained glass like windows and took pics right away and got some great orb shots. Showed them to people who claimed to be in the know and they were fooled.

And they weren't happy when I told them I KNOW it was dust. Because I am an AWFUL housekeeper.

Which doesn't make me look good either! LOL
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Bellingham, WA
9,745 posts, read 15,043,140 times
Reputation: 14837
I'm curious as to why so many will immediately write off the most obvious explanation, dust, in favor of something much more fantastic.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 AM
 
13 posts, read 13,513 times
Reputation: 21
Default Orbs

These are two pictures taken on my sons recent mountain trip. There is the one where he is walking down the mountain with orbes all around and then there is the one with the strange light. Anyone have any ideas about that one?
Attached Thumbnails
Many Orbs in photos of new home" Anyone with experience?-mt-trip-2.jpg   Many Orbs in photos of new home" Anyone with experience?-mt-trip-7.jpg  
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 AM
 
35,104 posts, read 44,277,746 times
Reputation: 62297
Looks like dried spots of water to me, clean your camera lens then take the photos again. No way those look like "orbs". Spirits don't usualy "orb" when they are visible they are full bodied spirits who appear as they were when they were with the living on the earthly plain.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 PM
 
4,527 posts, read 5,444,481 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkat View Post
These are two pictures taken on my sons recent mountain trip. There is the one where he is walking down the mountain with orbes all around and then there is the one with the strange light. Anyone have any ideas about that one?
a lot of responders here will think it's mountain dust or rain falling only on the camera lens
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top