U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2012, 07:41 AM

4,179 posts, read 5,558,950 times
I used to read the cards, for myself, family, and friends.

One girl whom I worked with simply was floored by what the cards told her. I told her that she would be married to a person who would honor and respect her, and have two children with him. "But, but, but - I'm already married! And he can't have kids, and doesn't want them! That's one of the reasons we got married - I don't want kids either!" She laughed and laughed about how stupid the cards were, and how it was all just a game.

Three years later, she had divorced the man she was married to for cheating on her, was happily remarried to a very nice and loving man, and had twins with him.

Prediction or self-fulfilling prophecy?

The thing about reading the cards or any psychic activity is that people give off vibes, body language, tells, even things that they say or imply that most sensitive people can pick up on, all day long. You do these things every day, whether you realize it or not - and if you are really sensitive to them, you can pick up on other peoples' vibes and they will come out in your readings of them - even if you are unaware of it. The cards - or an egg, or a crystal ball - are the focus point; it's like meditation, when you clear the mind of all but a chant, you can see things more clearly and interpret things with greater accuracy.

People who say - "There's NO WAY s/he could have known that about me!" - you'd be surprised what you've already told people about yourself, even just by the way you sit or the questions (phrasing) that you use.

Guess what - she really DID want kids...
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,250,189 times
Quote:
I don't know who you are, and don't know you "learnt" tarot and been a Spiritualist for years. How would I know this?
Some people like massages or reflexology and are willing to pay for that. I know other people who would not pay for it or entertain the thought. No I am not a hitman, and don't know what you are getting at about "hurting someone". What you are suggesting is immoral and illegal. I don't get your point, and am not sure you get your own point. If you do not like psychics then don't go to one. I would say the same about Temples, Churches or Mosques. It's your personal choice.
I only said that because you and I often seem to end up commenting on the same kind of threads on here and I have mentioned about my past in other threads which we have both commented in. I have acknowledged that I have been to loads of psychics and even tried to learn to be one myself.

You dont have to take what I said in a defensive way because I have done exactly the same thing as this, and after a long time, I realised that it was not helping at all. Of course, we all have to come to our own conclusion about psychics and whether they help us or not, however, it is really better that we make the connection with our own form of internal intelligence rather than seeking external information for possibly the wrong reasons.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,703,754 times
i have and been told i was blocking them and it made reading me difficult---so i tried another and he asked me to stay to speak with him and it turned out to be an invitation to join his coven ---so i have not gone to any more ---am i being wise or foolish to stay away?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:08 PM

10,907 posts, read 9,113,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i have and been told i was blocking them and it made reading me difficult---so i tried another and he asked me to stay to speak with him and it turned out to be an invitation to join his coven ---so i have not gone to any more ---am i being wise or foolish to stay away?

Neither wise nor foolish. I think there are some very good ones, some average to bad ones, and a few out and out frauds. I have personally only encountered ONE psychic that I perceived as evil, and even then, honestly I am not sure if she was evil but I am sure that on sight she hated me. She told me almost nothing but negative things,and all of the negative things came true!

Anything positive that she told me, did not.

That was only one experience. I think that I've seen more incompetent and indifferent or basically useless physicians than I have psychics. The difference is that a bad doctor can kill you. A bad psychic can't.

I enjoy the clarity and focus that can be provided by a good psychic, intuitive, card reader etc. I try to see one every year around my birthday.
When I need some direction and advice or there is a lot of change going on in my life and I need some direction, I may also see one.

Also, it's fun. It's a half hour of undivided attention, some "me" time, that I can enjoy without feeling guilty. How many of us get that?

I also have the ability to dismiss the information that I disagree with, as well as the advise, if I think it comes from a bad place. By bad, I mean from ego. Some psychics can be jealous or competitive and attempt to impede you. However, I recently fired a doctor for the very same thing!

As far as using a psychic session to recruit you to a coven, I believe you, but I have never heard of it. I know people who are Wiccan and I think that it's a valid religion. They do not in any way attempt to recruit people, and they have nothing to do with the devil.

There are others who may use the word "coven." For myself, anyone who even tries to convert me to their brand of religion, including fundamentalist Christians, and think that they have a complete corner on the truth, comes from a very non spiritual selfish and ego driven place. To me, no matter what religion, they are evil.

When I moved to PA from NY, I became aware that the public schools were substandard in my city. so I called the Catholic high school because I had heard good things about it from realtors.

I spoke to a sister about my concern that my children would feel excluded, be the only non-Catholics, or told that they go to the "wrong" church." She allayed those fears with facts with statics and school policy.

She is and older woman, who seemed very wise and spiritual. At the end of our meeting she took my hands in hers and said "When I was younger, I never thought I would say this, but I have come to the point where I believe that there are many pathways to God."

I agree.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 PM

16,455 posts, read 11,453,037 times
Like many people have already said, there are quacks and there are true psychics. There are many different kinds of psychics too. I have seen 2 psychics that blew me away. One I met at a small gathering called a psychic fair. I probably saw her 3 different times. The last time I saw her I had just come home from a trip to Idaho and was planning on moving there in 6 weeks. I told her nothing, but she told me that I was planning a move and to not move for at least 1 month, and if I still wanted to move after that month passed, then go for it. I did moved and have never looked back. She also told me some things about my life that literally no one knew but myself and God. This particular psychic mostly talked about things in my past, things that had already happened. Many years later I heard about a psychic in another state that did phone readings. I was told she was very good, and I set up a phone session. This psychic talked about the future. Once again I told her nothing. We had been trying to adopt a baby girl for years and I was at the end of my rope. I had made up my mind if we didn't get a baby within a year I was going to stop, it was too emotional. She told me she could see a daughter in 2 years. Two years later we got our baby girl. She predicted all kinds of things and they all happened. It can be an amazing experience if you find a good one.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 PM

5,293 posts, read 7,261,282 times
Several years ago a coworker and I had a good laugh while reading the classifieds in the newspaper. Somebody had an ad looking for their lost dog. The owner was a psychic in town. The reason we were laughing is if she was a good psychic she would know where her dog was! lol
But, on the other hand, there was another man I had worked with who, on a whim, visited with a psychic at a bar one night. She told him for his death she saw 88. Didn't know if he would be 88 years old or die in 1988. He died on August 8 (8/8) 1988.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 PM

4,043 posts, read 1,403,865 times
I have never done so, but have had two BFF that did, and freaked them out because of the things they were told, proving the people they went to were gifted, be it from below, or above.

My first friend went to one in and was shocked at the details of what the house looked like that she grew up in, where her dad's work area was and what hung on the door, and very detailed things.

My second friend was told details as well as her future, but just in principle on the future, but it sure has happened that way. The psychic told her that she had, and would be living a very jeweled life, with many gifts, opportunities and wonderful things just handed to her, but that she'd be hated and suffer a lot from others. She is now looking back and we're both going, "WOW" because it's so spot-on.

I played with remote viewing just ONE time, not thinking there was a thing to it, but wanting to follow the directions to see what the heck it was. I got my own huge surprise! It worked, and within less than one minute of centering myself, saying the four-digit number to myself in this quite mind, I had an image in my mind that I quickly drew, then was shown "the target" and I had drawn the main shape and outline of it, and even written a word of the color that it was!!

Yikes...no, am a person of faith and refuse to remote view again. I don't close my eyes enough in prayer some days and so no way will I close them and remote view.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 PM

11,996 posts, read 12,120,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I coulda swore I clicked on hobbies & recreation...
Its an omen...careful

Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 PM

11,805 posts, read 13,854,415 times
I think it's more like an "Oh, man!"

Old 03-29-2012, 10:27 AM

3,525 posts, read 1,456,521 times
ive been to an african witchdoctor to be de-cursed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal