Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times

Advertisements

According to George and Kathy Lutz "The Amityville Demon" followed them to California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I have always found this case fascinating! I found the book by Jay Anson to be well written and scary. I also enjoyed the first movie. TY all for an interesting discussion!
IMO, Amityville 2: The Possession is even better. It also has the same music by Lalo Schifrin as the first movie. Amityville 2 is a very dark and evil flick and tells the story of the murders with some paranormal phenomena added. The rest of the movies are crap.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
IMO, Amityville 2: The Possession is even better. It also has the same music by Lalo Schifrin as the first movie. Amityville 2 is a very dark and evil flick and tells the story of the murders with some paranormal phenomena added. The rest of the movies are crap.
I'll have to watch that one! TY!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 PM

George and Kathy claimed there was one morning "pig Jody" tracks in the snow around the property. According to meteorologist records there was no snow in Amityville on that day. And even if there were why not a White-Tailed Deer aren't those supposed to be common in the area?

On a sidenote I'm open to paranormal but there is just too many inconsistencies in George and Kathy's account of the events.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-23-2012 at 11:43 PM..

Old 04-24-2012, 01:09 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,100,528 times
The one thing that has always bothered me about the DeFeo homicides is how Ronald DeFeo was able to systematically murder his entire family with an unslienced Marlin 336 rifle, and not have even a single family member awake to the sound of gunshots. That has always made zero sense to me.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
The one thing that has always bothered me about the DeFeo homicides is how Ronald DeFeo was able to systematically murder his entire family with an unslienced Marlin 336 rifle, and not have even a single family member awake to the sound of gunshots. That has always made zero sense to me.
That's a good and crucial point. No neighbors heard anything either.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM

11 posts, read 21,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
George and Kathy claimed there was one morning "pig Jody" tracks in the snow around the property. According to meteorologist records there was no snow in Amityville on that day.
According to the book author Jay Anson, he re-arranged the dates for dramatic purposes

Quote:
And even if there were why not a White-Tailed Deer aren't those supposed to be common in the area?
Well you never know, pity they never took pics.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:10 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Guys - this is an 100% ADMITTED HOAX. There are still claims on websites, discussion boards, etc. And it will continue, because people just wanna believe. I assume even people here will still claim it's real. But the evidence against it is undeniable. It does not warrant discussion as a supernatural event.

snopes.com: The Amityville Horror

Enjoy the movies and books - as FICTION.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:27 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Default My daughter lives about 5 minutes away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
When we heard last summer it was for sale, we went looking for the house. No sign outside but you could tell which house it was.

What amazed me is small the house is and how close all the other houses are to each other. How an entire family could be shot to death there and none of the neighbors hear anything is hard to believe.

Well, if they didn't hear gunshots, I suppose they wouldn't see or hear anything else either coming from the house.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM

Ronnie DeFeo is a phatological liar. He always change the story. In the 90's he said his mother did it. But during the decades he always stated there were not any supernatural forces involved. But now when his days are numbered (Hepatitis I think) he claims he indeed was possessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNXl_z8Ue8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeo3...feature=relmfu

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-24-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal