Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times

Advertisements

I don't hink curses or hexes area real, but to the person it's been placed on, they could think it was real and bam -- then they are cursed.

But I also don't believe one should go around cursing people. I think how you live your life is important and putting curses on people is a very negative way to live, and will only bring the curser harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 03:49 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
then I'm cursed all my life. The thing is, if I believe that then there's no reason to keep trying. You're doomed in other words, so I have been wasting my time trying to be happy or better myself and my situation. I realy don't believe that, I think it's in the mind and if you believe in curses, they can distroy your whole being en the lives of others around you. Why would anyone curse you when you're born? That would be cruel and immoral. what can a baby do to deserve that?
I think my bad luck is due to bad decisions and my personality who seems to think love conquers all plus having a messed up view of relationships, so I made bad choices in men and they dragged me down with them and I allowed it because of low selfesteem. I quit school at 16 so that determined my lack of career or a decent job later. etc....I know what's at the root of my bad choices but still...it has nothing to do with cursing
Sure, many people, when their lives explode, can look back and see their bad decisions that led to the sadness in their lives. That is life's lesson for you in this life, that realization. That is where you have an opportunity for growth.

The baby who comes in cursed? We are beings who have been incarnated many times. I've had no experience with this, but maybe curses don't end with your death. I'd hate to think so.

Can people curse others? Yup. It is not necessary that the cursed person knows, either. Maybe some take and others not. Maybe it depends on the skill and protections involved, but it does happen.
THere are bad people in the world. I don't know if they are born with that nasty streak, or if it is in their early upbringing. You would think like attracts like and a nasty soul reincarnating might not end up in a happy home.

We are all here to learn and grow and manage our lives in a peaceful way, not to manipulate others for the gratification of our egos. Most religions tell us that.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:55 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
then I'm cursed all my life. The thing is, if I believe that then there's no reason to keep trying. You're doomed in other words, so I have been wasting my time trying to be happy or better myself and my situation. I realy don't believe that, I think it's in the mind and if you believe in curses, they can distroy your whole being en the lives of others around you. Why would anyone curse you when you're born? That would be cruel and immoral. what can a baby do to deserve that?
I think my bad luck is due to bad decisions and my personality who seems to think love conquers all plus having a messed up view of relationships, so I made bad choices in men and they dragged me down with them and I allowed it because of low selfesteem. I quit school at 16 so that determined my lack of career or a decent job later. etc....I know what's at the root of my bad choices but still...it has nothing to do with cursing
Indeed, not only that, the power of suggestion. It perpetuates and attracts more negativity and bad circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes i do. had to give up a 540i bmw (170 mph) recently bek of it. people kept crashing into it parked no apparent reason over and over and over.
have to trolly and rollerblade for 6 weeks while it sat in my driveway after repair i would not drive it. dealer purchased it got a toyota end of problem.
every time they tore up my car, my friends would provide wonderful explanations for the accident --- until the next one.
And I would most likely be in ageement with friends explanations.

Sounds karmic tho.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I agree.

The power of suggestion is very strong.

I'd go one step further & suggest that it only works if said person believes in curses on both sides. The power of intent to also very strong.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:18 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This question is directed to people in the paranormal, astrological, divination and spiritual community. If you are a skeptic, I already know what you think.

I believe they can. In several ways. I do not think that an actual "spell" needs to be preformed, although it may be.

I think a curse can be the result of wishing evil on another, or even praying to God for something that the person does not want.
For example, praying that a couple gets divorced because YOU do not like one of the partners.

I think for curses to work, the cursed party does not need to know it's happening, or believe in it.

Just as I believe that ghosts exist, no amount of disbelief will make them go away.

I am hoping that some people on this forum who are open to the spiritual, have some opinions and experience with this. I'm also aware that some people who generally embrace the supernatural, may think that this is a bit "far out." I don't. I'm almost possitive that I have seen it happen!

Just want to say that I have Pagan and Wiccan friends and they do not hex or curse anyone.

I think one who is intent on causing spiritual harm to another, can use many tools from different practices, to do this. Including Judeo-Chrristian prayer.

I'd also like to know, from those of you who believe that this is possible, how you think it "works" I have a few ideas that I will share later.

I think the only way a hex or curse works is if you let it (which still may not be consciously intentional, of course). As I've said before, belief is the key power in all of this; fear "feeds" the psychology and maybe even a real power behind a curse/hex.

You can defeat any "evil force" by force of will; calling up your personal religious beliefs simply helps your subconscious open the floodgates of your personal willpower in your defense. I don't believe in a personal god who intervenes regularly on our behalf... maybe I'm wrong, but it seems if there was such a character watching over us they'd protect us from such things in the first place rather than wait until we hold up crosses and start praying.

The bigger problem in this matter is the indisputably true and horrible things that have been done by people who believed they were battling "witches", "evil" and "Satan". The "evil power of witchcraft" is dwarfed by the horror of ignorance, vengeance and presumed justifiable "righteous" torture and murder. I've seen some videos of Africans burning "witches" from this day and age; they are enough to make me sick.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:53 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'd go one step further & suggest that it only works if said person believes in curses on both sides. The power of intent to also very strong.
I wouldn't go one step further, because no one needs to know. When the curse is places, metaphysical forces are put into action, and things unimaginable are released.

There are ways in with people can protect themselves. However if they do not believe in it, or think that it has to do with the "power of suggestion" (which is very true but has nothing to do with this) they are wrong.

Intent is a strong and powerful force. It can effect change. Intent, is part of placing a curse.

It is also part of protecting one from a curse, and reversing one that has been placed.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:23 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
No.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I think the only way a hex or curse works is if you let it (which still may not be consciously intentional, of course). As I've said before, belief is the key power in all of this; fear "feeds" the psychology and maybe even a real power behind a curse/hex.

You can defeat any "evil force" by force of will; calling up your personal religious beliefs simply helps your subconscious open the floodgates of your personal willpower in your defense. I don't believe in a personal god who intervenes regularly on our behalf... maybe I'm wrong, but it seems if there was such a character watching over us they'd protect us from such things in the first place rather than wait until we hold up crosses and start praying.

The bigger problem in this matter is the indisputably true and horrible things that have been done by people who believed they were battling "witches", "evil" and "Satan". The "evil power of witchcraft" is dwarfed by the horror of ignorance, vengeance and presumed justifiable "righteous" torture and murder. I've seen some videos of Africans burning "witches" from this day and age; they are enough to make me sick.
Agreed.

In the case of curses, it's the belief in them that makes them work. Those who believe often "curse" themselves by creating their own adversity.

If they DID work, I would have far fewer annoying in-laws.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I wouldn't go one step further, because no one needs to know. When the curse is places, metaphysical forces are put into action, and things unimaginable are released.

There are ways in with people can protect themselves. However if they do not believe in it, or think that it has to do with the "power of suggestion" (which is very true but has nothing to do with this) they are wrong.

Intent is a strong and powerful force. It can effect change. Intent, is part of placing a curse.

It is also part of protecting one from a curse, and reversing one that has been placed.
Sheena, you are totally correct in this. It does not make logical sense to some, but it does not have to. It works.

Whether people should practice magic or not is a whole different debate, but to protect yourself you should do some study of it.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Sheena, you are totally correct in this. It does not make logical sense to some, but it does not have to. It works.

Whether people should practice magic or not is a whole different debate, but to protect yourself you should do some study of it.
Exactly, Goldengrain. Disbelief in a curse will not protect you from one. Other things may.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal