U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,487 posts, read 2,173,449 times
Reputation: 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
We did a lot of work when we first moved in... but not this year. We have been stressed almost to the breaking point by non-spooky things, however... our son starting having epileptic seizures and we've got some difficult marital problems we're trying to deal with.

If anything, I've gotta be frustrating the crap out of the ghost because I don't get scared anymore when things happen. I forgot to mention an incident late last year; I was getting ready for work early in the morning with my back to the tub/shower curtain when I was poked in the center of my back, like someone had been standing in the tub behind the curtain and poked me through the curtain. Of course, nobody was there when I looked, but I didn't even get the usual rush of adrenaline and fear that normally comes with stuff like that.

I was literally like "whatever", and just carried on with my usual routine. So yes, it seems you can get used to a haunted house!
Gotta love old houses! . Ours was built in 1865, at first this place was Weird Central, now, it's so normal to us that even our dogs rarely react to our "guest".

Maybe she's being drawn back by the emotional turmoil going on right now. It's possible she considers you to be family and it upsets her.

I hope you guys get everything resolved and your family life back on track. Hang in there!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
11,123 posts, read 8,856,068 times
Reputation: 9974
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Gotta love old houses! . Ours was built in 1865, at first this place was Weird Central, now, it's so normal to us that even our dogs rarely react to our "guest".

Maybe she's being drawn back by the emotional turmoil going on right now. It's possible she considers you to be family and it upsets her.

I hope you guys get everything resolved and your family life back on track. Hang in there!
Thanks! I guess having a great old house without a ghost is kinda like owning a hairless cat... sure it's still a cat, but somehow it just wouldn't be right.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,487 posts, read 2,173,449 times
Reputation: 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Thanks! I guess having a great old house without a ghost is kinda like owning a hairless cat... sure it's still a cat, but somehow it just wouldn't be right.
At least it's one hell of a conversation starter!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Ostend,Belgium....
8,132 posts, read 3,618,022 times
Reputation: 4295
while I can be sceptical when it comes to paranormal things, I am open to the existence of things we don't quite understand yet. I too have had some strange stuff happen throughout my life and I think some of it is your own brain playing tricks or our brain making sense out of something we can't grasp, but there are those things that fall outside that. I met this professor from Brussels at a lecture, who studies the phenomenon and makes a lot of sense. Some of it is wishful thinking gone further than usual. Like when some people see dead relatives shortly after they die.
I had a conversation with my son, several nights after he died; He told me some details and they gave me some peace and I could finally sleep better. But was I daydreaming or what? I still have no clue because of the emotional state I was in at the time. So reality tells me it was a dream. But then there's the part that is too weird, too real to be just a dream or wishful thinking.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Under the Redwoods
2,480 posts, read 1,538,132 times
Reputation: 3287
Chango, what a great experience. Have you tried talking to her? Kid ghost are sometimes fun to have around, until they do kid stuff. The kid ghost in my old house filled shampoo bottles with water.

The most active house I have lived in was the one where I first encountered a ghost. I was away when my parents moved in. Within two weeks my mom was telling me that odd things were going on.
The house was not all that old, my parents the second owners and we later determined the ghost was the previous owner. He had the house built as his retirement home. He used everything to the best, the house was on a hill close to the top with an unobstructed view for miles. The front of the house, one 'wall' of the living room was four giant windows. We would see the ghost sitting on the couch just admiring the view, usually in the late morning.
Down stairs was the garage with what my mom and I called 'the funny room'. The room was off to the side of the garage (under the house), the door had only a deadbolt lock, no knob. The only way that the door stayed shut was to lock it. Because it had no knob, the key just stayed in the lock. Once inside the room was the door to the real funny room. It was a vault/submarine type door, really neat. That room there was climate controlled (reason for the fancy door) and was where the guy kept his antique gun and sword collection. My mom and I used the rooms to store things, the gun room was perfect for her antique dolls.
Both of us would get in trouble for leaving the door open (the deadbolt one). Both my mom and I can be scatter brained when rummaging around looking for something for a project. The intent is to come back then close the door when done. Sometimes we could not recall being down there, but ok, sounds likely and we did have a reputation after all. Then it became clear that there are times when the door was open and we did not open it and we would say that it had to be the ghost. Again, we had a reputation.
Then came the week that my mom was on a trip and I was with friends. Twice that week my step-dad had to close the door. The first time he just figured we had left it open and he just had not noticed.
But....when he came home to it being open again, and no one had been home, he finally admitted that the ghost was responsible for opening the door....a lot!
It was that event that got my step-dad to investigate the past owner and learned all about the guy and his collection and such.
We had always wondered what was up with that submarine door.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Ostend,Belgium....
8,132 posts, read 3,618,022 times
Reputation: 4295
Chango, that is one spooky house but you learn to live with it. I grew up in a haunted house..
I hope your problems will be solved soon and hope your son is doing OK under the circumstances...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
 
24,583 posts, read 10,768,450 times
Reputation: 27869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
We did a lot of work when we first moved in... but not this year. We have been stressed almost to the breaking point by non-spooky things, however... our son starting having epileptic seizures and we've got some difficult marital problems we're trying to deal with.

If anything, I've gotta be frustrating the crap out of the ghost because I don't get scared anymore when things happen. I forgot to mention an incident late last year; I was getting ready for work early in the morning with my back to the tub/shower curtain when I was poked in the center of my back, like someone had been standing in the tub behind the curtain and poked me through the curtain. Of course, nobody was there when I looked, but I didn't even get the usual rush of adrenaline and fear that normally comes with stuff like that.

I was literally like "whatever", and just carried on with my usual routine. So yes, it seems you can get used to a haunted house!
I can relate to this so well.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,732 posts, read 4,064,037 times
Reputation: 1241
I had multiple minor things happen,some that really freaked me out.
I live in a brick apartment building built in the 40's in a older part of my city.
First thing to happen felt something touch my hair.
Heard whispering type noises could make out much.i thought i heard the voice say..
"Im dead or im not dead".Felt something flick my blanket.
Felt something on the bed,almost like a cat jumping on it or sitting on it(Freaked me out!)
Thought i heard a womans voice and humming then something flick my bed.
With the two last experiences mentioned i felt cold move through me.
Literally chill moving through my body.Also had a scratch on my side i couldnt recall how it got there
I wondered if i imagined some of this stuff but it was little events happening for a few months.
Then it all stopped.I mostly sleep with covers over most of my face so i never saw anything.
I can handle noises,etc but i think if i saw something it would be too much lol.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,487 posts, read 2,173,449 times
Reputation: 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I had multiple minor things happen,some that really freaked me out.
I live in a brick apartment building built in the 40's in a older part of my city.
First thing to happen felt something touch my hair.
Heard whispering type noises could make out much.i thought i heard the voice say..
"Im dead or im not dead".Felt something flick my blanket.
Felt something on the bed,almost like a cat jumping on it or sitting on it(Freaked me out!)
Thought i heard a womans voice and humming then something flick my bed.
With the two last experiences mentioned i felt cold move through me.
Literally chill moving through my body.Also had a scratch on my side i couldnt recall how it got there
I wondered if i imagined some of this stuff but it was little events happening for a few months.
Then it all stopped.I mostly sleep with covers over most of my face so i never saw anything.
I can handle noises,etc but i think if i saw something it would be too much lol.
It doesn't sound like you had anything to worry about. Most hauntings are like that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 02:23 AM
 
Location: California
262 posts, read 194,354 times
Reputation: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I had multiple minor things happen,some that really freaked me out.
I live in a brick apartment building built in the 40's in a older part of my city.
First thing to happen felt something touch my hair.
Heard whispering type noises could make out much.i thought i heard the voice say..
"Im dead or im not dead".Felt something flick my blanket.
Felt something on the bed,almost like a cat jumping on it or sitting on it(Freaked me out!)
Thought i heard a womans voice and humming then something flick my bed.
With the two last experiences mentioned i felt cold move through me.
Literally chill moving through my body.Also had a scratch on my side i couldnt recall how it got there
I wondered if i imagined some of this stuff but it was little events happening for a few months.
Then it all stopped.I mostly sleep with covers over most of my face so i never saw anything.
I can handle noises,etc but i think if i saw something it would be too much lol.

cool description. I think the spirits need to know who is in charge, and from your actions, they now know, hence is why they left. I doubt they'll be back. Similar things happened to me and it was short lived.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top