Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Thats the problem...you're trying to rationalize it. The clock is just one example. When it wants your attention, it will happen. A house number, mailbox number, sales receipt, an address, a phone number, a license plate......You'll be surprised at the ways it will manifest when you least expect and aren't thinking about it.

If you see the numbers above often, in various places, theres a message there. Try to decipher the meaning. Google to see what others who see the same have experienced or their thoughts on the meaning.

It doesn't hurt to do some exploring on the subject and many books written as well.
Sorry but I'm still pretty skeptical...the clock doesn't 'speak to me' through numbers, it's just that for instance I'm often glancing at my computer screen and the time is in the bottom right-hand corner. Most of the time I don't notice it but when it's 11:11 it just 'stands out' to me. But it's literally ALWAYS in my view, in the corner of my eye.

Even the clock on your wall, or your digital clock radio, think about just how many times you glance at it every day. It's more than you think. Even if you're not CONSCIOUSLY looking at the time, you can't help but see it. So it's nothing that weird or supernatural.

As to other numbers: do you realise how many numbers we see every day? You'd be surprised. Hundreds.

I'll tell you of a recent coincidence. I'm considering the idea of doing a working holiday in Canada, specifically in the ski resorts like Banff, Jasper.etc. The last trip I took was to Vietnam. Recently, I borrowed a DVD from the library. It so happens that someone elses docket thing that shows the books/videos they borrowed was in one of the cases. On it was a DVD on Vietnam followed by a DVD SPECIFICALLY on Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Park! Perhaps it was a sign? That the next place I was to go was Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
I remember for years after 9/11, I ALWAYS seemed to glance at the clock right at 9:11 both morning and night. It was very strange. Sometimes I still catch the clock at 9:11. I think it is just coincidence though.
This happens to me too!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:27 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Glad this got started, I was going to start one about 11:11 specifically because it has become quite the mystery and has tons of theories...from Angels to DNA activation.
And there is more than one book about it.

I think that many cases of frequent number sightings are a subconscious draw.
However, when numbers appear randomly and in places that are not clocks, or if it is a clock, the events leading up to the sighting was not some 'feeling' because it's close to that time...what I mean by that is a person looking at the clock at home, it's easy to see that they unconsciously looked at te right time. Now if that person is driving down the freeway and passes a big digital display clock on the side and they pass at 11:11, that's not them and the subconscious.

What is 11:11....I have a whole article I wrote about it. I will have to dig it up and share it when I find it. (three computers later, not sure where it could be).

I have had 11:11 with me since I was in Jr. High, so that is over 30 years now. It did not come to me by way of a clock either, at least not at first. My GS cadette troop # was 1111.
It would be a couple years later when my mom tells me about my step dad and a lunch visit with his brother. One looked at his watch and said 'oh, 11:11!' the other said 'I've been seeing that a lot' to which the reply was, 'so have I! That's why I said something, mostly to myself, but funny that you are seeing it too'

As the years progressed I would encounter many people and the same kind or scenario would unfold.
"you see it too!?"....
Most people say 'make a wish' but I think there is something much more to the number.
What exactly I don't know. But there some neat things that others have to say about it, and there are some really off the wall for even me to say 'maybe that's it'.

For right now, I just see the number as a reassurance that I am going the direction I am supposed to be going.

I went shopping a while back. When I got home I noticed that the pack of ground beef I got cost 11.11, the jelly I got is best used by 11/11/11, and there was one other thing, I can't recall, that had 11:11.
A few years ago, I suddenly became aware of 11:11. I had no clue as to what it meant at the time, all I knew is suddenly 11:11 was everywhere. I'd be driving & the car in front of me would have it on their plates. I'd go shopping & my change from the purchase would be 11:11. I'd get a text from someone who I really wanted to hear from, but lost touch with- at 11:11. I have countless "coincidental" examples.....I can't dismiss it as something that randomly occurs. It is something out of the ordinary.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:14 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
I noticed that every 3rd random number I come across, that the last digit is divisible by 3 (or even the last two digits). Not every 3rd *exactly*, but I think that just on average it seems that way. Spooky.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:45 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Me too! Even still today. It seems like whenever I check the time in the morning or late evening it's 9:11! Not 9:10, not 9:12. Always 9:11, and it's been happening to me since 9/11. Just happened this morning, in fact.
It's so funny to me that you posted on this thread, which is mostly about 11:11, and your post that I quoted was made at 11:11!

Too cool!

Anyway, I either get the 11:11 thing, or the 12:12 thing, or lately, I have been getting quite a bit of 23:23, which is really weird since two of my three girls were both due on the 22nd, but born on the 23rd.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:34 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
It's so funny to me that you posted on this thread, which is mostly about 11:11, and your post that I quoted was made at 11:11!

Too cool!

Anyway, I either get the 11:11 thing, or the 12:12 thing, or lately, I have been getting quite a bit of 23:23, which is really weird since two of my three girls were both due on the 22nd, but born on the 23rd.
Oh and since I posted this, I have had 11:11, 12:12, 1:11, 1:23, 2:34 come up on the clock just in the past few hours.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:47 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
To those who say I am subconsciously drawn to look at the clock at 'that time'....
It's not always a clock. I actually see it more elsewhere...I just grabbed a carton of milk and it's batch code is 11:11.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,040 times
If one believes the hype, isn't 11:11 GMT the time the world is supposed to end on 12/21/12?

Personally, I don't believe 12/21/12 will be different from any other day, but still...11:11 GMT?

Old 05-13-2012, 02:32 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Set aside the whole end of the world thing...let's just look at this date and time.
The seasonal end/beginning for many ancient cultures happens on the winter solstice.
Ancient man was very aware of the sun's movement and natural cycles.
Around December 20-21-22, is when the sun 'dies & is resurrected'.
We know now that this is just because of the earths tilt and orbit around the sun.
However, winter solstice for 2012 is very interesting because of the timing.
The start of solstice is designated by the sun entering into the sign of Capricorn.
The moment that sun is at 00capricorn01 is at 11:11am GMT. However, for the Mayans, their geographical location, it's 5:11am.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:51 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,040 times
Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Set aside the whole end of the world thing...let's just look at this date and time.
The seasonal end/beginning for many ancient cultures happens on the winter solstice.
Ancient man was very aware of the sun's movement and natural cycles.
Around December 20-21-22, is when the sun 'dies & is resurrected'.
We know now that this is just because of the earths tilt and orbit around the sun.
However, winter solstice for 2012 is very interesting because of the timing.
The start of solstice is designated by the sun entering into the sign of Capricorn.
The moment that sun is at 00capricorn01 is at 11:11am GMT. However, for the Mayans, their geographical location, it's 5:11am.
Interesting. Thank you for the explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal