Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,364 times

Advertisements

Here's a good example of something that would be considered a ghost by conventional thinking. 4th dimensional beings would look like ghosts if they somehow crossed over into our 3rd dimensional world because we would only see a small 3d cross section of the being the same way if we crossed into a 2nd dimensional world, they would only see a small 2D cross section of us.

Fast forward to 1:25 for the example:

Fourth Spatial Dimension 101 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM

222 posts, read 549,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
Here's a good example of something that would be considered a ghost by conventional thinking. 4th dimensional beings would look like ghosts if they somehow crossed over into our 3rd dimensional world because we would only see a small 3d cross section of the being the same way if we crossed into a 2nd dimensional world, they would only see a small 2D cross section of us.

Yup! Exactly. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:00 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post

Interesting concept.

Didn't understand any of it but it's an interesting concept.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG721 View Post

But what if ghosts aren't any of those things? What if they aren't dead humans,
I doubt it.....but this reminds me of the movie with Nicole Kiddman, "The Others" where the living invade the world of the deceased.

BTW....great movie.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:19 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I doubt it.....but this reminds me of the movie with Nicole Kiddman, "The Others" where the living invade the world of the deceased.

BTW....great movie.
Yes, it was!

Ok, theoretical trans-dimensional physics aside, what are we all made of? Energy. Energy never dissipates, it merely changes form.

Is it possible that when we die, our energy is no longer able to exist in this reality but it can exist on another plane? And if that's the case, maybe it "bleeds" thru at times?

Simplistic view perhaps but I can't think of another way to put it. I'm a farmer, not a physicist.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Yes, it was!

Ok, theoretical trans-dimensional physics aside, what are we all made of? Energy. Energy never dissipates, it merely changes form.

Is it possible that when we die, our energy is no longer able to exist in this reality but it can exist on another plane? And if that's the case, maybe it "bleeds" thru at times?

Simplistic view perhaps but I can't think of another way to put it. I'm a farmer, not a physicist.
Occams razor, answers can be simple, but accurate, and I agree.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Without going into long and boring detail - a former house my family owned was apparently a minor stop along a runaway slave passageway - after we had been in residence for a few months (I didn't believe in spirits or what have you until then), I got the impression of a large number people moving rapidly in one direction - I didn't actually see distinct figures or even shadows, more like electric flashes but somehow you knew they were people. When we researched the house we discovered it was built over a portion of a former underground passageway. My husband said he got a sense of hurrying individuals, fear and anxiety but didn't actually see distinct forms either.

I didn't give it another thought until my daughter (who was 4 at the time), mentioned that she was scared to go into the hallway because of the people. We didnt live there long but I never forgot the feeling or the experience.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:34 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Without going into long and boring detail - a former house my family owned was apparently a minor stop along a runaway slave passageway - after we had been in residence for a few months (I didn't believe in spirits or what have you until then), I got the impression of a large number people moving rapidly in one direction - I didn't actually see distinct figures or even shadows, more like electric flashes but somehow you knew they were people. When we researched the house we discovered it was built over a portion of a former underground passageway. My husband said he got a sense of hurrying individuals, fear and anxiety but didn't actually see distinct forms either.

I didn't give it another thought until my daughter (who was 4 at the time), mentioned that she was scared to go into the hallway because of the people. We didnt live there long but I never forgot the feeling or the experience.
I`m on the fence about ghost. But I hear stories like this all the time. So my question is, where are they going? If this underground passageway is no longer in existence and hasn`t been for a hundred years, then what are the ghost doing? It`s like the stories I hear about people seeing apparitions from what they think is 200 hundred years ago. What would those spirits be doing in the same house when nonone they know lives there anymore? Do they just walk around and do nothing? Is that what we have to look forward to when we die...just stay in the same house,wearing our old clothes and doing nothing? I thought ghost didn`t have bodies. So why do they have a physical appearance with arms, legs, faces, etc.

In one sense, I can see how it could be possible. But on the other hand, it doesn`t make sense to me. What does a ghost or departed being get from staying in the same place hundreds of years later? Are they interacting with anyone or just hanging around there in there civil war clothes,etc. doing nothing. I hope there is more to the afterlife than that.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I`m on the fence about ghost. But I hear stories like this all the time. So my question is, where are they going? If this underground passageway is no longer in existence and hasn`t been for a hundred years, then what are the ghost doing? It`s like the stories I hear about people seeing apparitions from what they think is 200 hundred years ago. What would those spirits be doing in the same house when nonone they know lives there anymore? Do they just walk around and do nothing? Is that what we have to look forward to when we die...just stay in the same house,wearing our old clothes and doing nothing? I thought ghost didn`t have bodies. So why do they have a physical appearance with arms, legs, faces, etc.

In one sense, I can see how it could be possible. But on the other hand, it doesn`t make sense to me. What does a ghost or departed being get from staying in the same place hundreds of years later? Are they interacting with anyone or just hanging around there in there civil war clothes,etc. doing nothing. I hope there is more to the afterlife than that.
[Shrugs] you got me...maybe the feelings the people experienced at that time were so strong as to leave an impression on the area - maybe we're just picking up feelings, or electrical energy from a location that manifests itself into something we can only call ghosts or spirits for lack of a better definition. I never actually saw human shapes or anything of that nature, its really difficult to describe - it was more a feeling or an awareness of, or sensing movement of a group of people with an unknown purpose. Research of the house revealed part of the history of the hosue and offered some sort of explanation.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:34 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I beg to differ.

Sure, there are spirits who are just plain wicked. Guess what? They were the same way when they were alive.

I agree with OwlKaMyst, the majority of spirits surrounding us are benevolent, many of them are our loved ones both human and animal.

In my opinion, demons are just fairy tale inventions designed by the religious to help control the masses.
I'd like to believe that, too.

So, do you believe that there are evil influences that can possess people and inhabit homes, but they are just bad people? Do you believe that there are things other than elementals who were never human and do wish us harm?

Do you think ouija boards are appropriate kid's toys?

Just askin'.

When groups such as the Golden Dawn did their rituals they protected themselves first. I think they knew what they were doing when they did that. They were very fastidious about opening and closing each working properly to keep what does not belong here - out.

Geeze, now they are putting a limitation on how many reps you can give out in a day.

Last edited by goldengrain; 05-18-2012 at 05:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal