U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM

1,378 posts, read 2,096,892 times

Advertisements

Was there ever a rational explanation?

Cash-Landrum incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM

3,160 posts, read 3,897,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post

It isn't too far out there to believe that the government knows things that we don't. Hides things from us, and hides whatever needs hiding from us. I'm pretty cynical towards the Federal government, but in a cosmic sense, they could be the lesser of evils compared to what might be out there.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,278,502 times
Quote:

I don't doubt that there was a perfectly rational explanation. I also don't doubt that it was covered up..

The area we live in has a lot of reported UFO activity. I've never seen one but i've seen my fair share of matte black helo's at night searching the area at night.

Yes, I believe they exist. Why would we be the only life in the universe?

Old 12-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Probably a hoax.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:37 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,885,701 times
Quote:
Probably a hoax.
[sarcasm]Along with all the other UFO and alien eye witness stories. Not to mention all the fake abduction cases which are all just plain made-up by people seeking attention. [/sarcasm]

Old 12-14-2017, 03:53 PM

10,465 posts, read 7,293,270 times
The most likely explanation is that they encountered a helicopter, from one of the many nearby refineries, carrying a fuel bladder filled with some sort of chemical. The bladder caught on fire and the helicopter, trying to get it away from the trees, quickly moved to and hovered over the highway and the Cash-Landrum car came along.

The chemicals in the substance in the burning bladder released toxic materials that caused the Cash-Landrums many ensuing medical problems.
Needless to say, the company responsible for the incident never owned up to it - fearing not only a lawsuit but also regulatory crackdown on transporting chemicals.

Here are links to two images:

http://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/...es/main/52.jpg
Note how the full bladder exactly matches the descriptions of the "UFO" seen by the Cash-Landrum's - right down to the diamond shape and insignia on the side.

http://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/...es/main/54.jpg
Fuel bladder hanging from a copter. This one of course is close to the ground, it appears the copter is taking off. The one that night would have been flying higher over the woods then probably would have attempted to lower the burning bladder onto the highway. It would have been extremely dark on that wooded road and the light from the fire would have prevented the Cash-Landrums from seeing the copter.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:55 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,885,701 times
Yep. Swamp gas, weather balloon, or Venus. As we have been told so many times before.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yep. Swamp gas, weather balloon, or Venus. As we have been told so many times before.

OK, you tell us then.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
[sarcasm]Along with all the other UFO and alien eye witness stories. Not to mention all the fake abduction cases which are all just plain made-up by people seeking attention. [/sarcasm]
Um what

Old 12-16-2017, 07:43 PM

15,388 posts, read 22,354,361 times
Quote:

Quote:
Probably a hoax.
Best answers below from 4 yr ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I don't doubt that there was a perfectly rational explanation. I also don't doubt that it was covered up..

The area we live in has a lot of reported UFO activity. I've never seen one but i've seen my fair share of matte black helo's at night searching the area at night.

Yes, I believe they exist. Why would we be the only life in the universe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal