U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 AM

5,700 posts, read 8,296,566 times

Advertisements

Love her. I don't know if she's real or not but she sure seems to be.

Quote:
Same here I'd say that 95% of those people are full of it. The 5% that ARE real I'm sure keep to themselves.
I totally disagree - if you have that gift, why not share it with so many people if you're someone comfortable in front of the camera? Having said that, I'm not sure I believe in Sylvia Browne's abilities, and I'm not sure why. She just seems out there. I've seen both John Holland and Collette Baron Reid in person (same seminar) and I think they're able to bring their abilities to a lot of people, maybe it's helpful even for people who aren't getting a reading. Collette picked me out of the audience and knew a lot of stuff - I hadn't filled out any cards or talked to any of her staff beforehand.

I'd LOVE a reading with the Long Island Medium - if only!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Think about it from this way too. IF you were able to read people by touch, seeing them etc. I would say that it would drive you stay home being so overwhelmed by it all.
My little thing is emotion. I pick up on the emotion of the people i'm near. I don't even have to know them.

Sometimes, it's very intense, other times not so much. Being around certain people is almost unbearable.

That's why i'm content to live 10 miles out of town with very few neighbors and only go into town 3-4 times a month.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM

15,710 posts, read 22,767,205 times
Quote:
Dont even get me started on that women!
Chip Coffey from Paranormal State and Psychic kids is another fake.

He may have some psychic ability, but not what he claims. When he was doing the show, producers had already filled him in with all the information before going to locations investigated.

I can't say it came as a surprise tho.

I did have a women come up to me about 3-4 yrs ago in the mall and start reading me, she was spot on.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:20 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,752,397 times
She only takes the first name and your phone number, do you know how much information you can get from a phone number. You can get last name, where you live, family members and much more. So if just that tiny bit of information is supposed to add creditably to her talent, it doesn't in my book.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:23 PM

12,131 posts, read 8,102,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Love her. I don't know if she's real or not but she sure seems to be.

I totally disagree - if you have that gift, why not share it with so many people if you're someone comfortable in front of the camera? Having said that, I'm not sure I believe in Sylvia Browne's abilities, and I'm not sure why. She just seems out there. I've seen both John Holland and Collette Baron Reid in person (same seminar) and I think they're able to bring their abilities to a lot of people, maybe it's helpful even for people who aren't getting a reading. Collette picked me out of the audience and knew a lot of stuff - I hadn't filled out any cards or talked to any of her staff beforehand.

I'd LOVE a reading with the Long Island Medium - if only!

It's called the art of the con. Once you learn to read people it's easy my dad did it for years. The more you do it the more effective it is pratice makes perfect.

Secondly people would hound you to death IF you had the ablity that they claim to have. You would never get any peace & quiet. My ex-wife was scary good at read tarot cards I think partly it was because she didn't charge people for it. As yousaid it's a give I don't think the powers that be would want you making money off a gift.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM

7,070 posts, read 10,814,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That to me is the most compelling evidence. Teresa Caputo's vibe feels genuine. Sylvia Brown's vibe feels full of it.
I agree.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 PM

5,700 posts, read 8,296,566 times
Quote:
It's called the art of the con. Once you learn to read people it's easy my dad did it for years. The more you do it the more effective it is pratice makes perfect.
Well yeah, if you want to be a con artist this is one of the greatest cons, but, that doesn't mean they're con artists... When Collette picked me out of the audience she was just rapid fire saying stuff and barely asked me any questions - she was slightly off on one situation but the rest was accurate, it was interesting.

Quote:
Secondly people would hound you to death IF you had the ablity that they claim to have. You would never get any peace & quiet. My ex-wife was scary good at read tarot cards I think partly it was because she didn't charge people for it. As yousaid it's a give I don't think the powers that be would want you making money off a gift.
True, I think that's why so many well known ones have such long waiting lists. I don't agree though about making money off it - I really think that for some people that's their purpose, and I've got no problem with them making it their full time job. I'm not crazy about the people who charge insane amounts of money for it though.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 PM

12,131 posts, read 8,102,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Well yeah, if you want to be a con artist this is one of the greatest cons, but, that doesn't mean they're con artists... When Collette picked me out of the audience she was just rapid fire saying stuff and barely asked me any questions - she was slightly off on one situation but the rest was accurate, it was interesting.

How do you know that she didn't watch you walk in? Or peek out from behind the curtians? Or watch you on camera? I'm sure she had more then enough time to watch your mannerisms before the show started.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Chip Coffey from Paranormal State and Psychic kids is another fake.

He may have some psychic ability, but not what he claims. When he was doing the show, producers had already filled him in with all the information before going to locations investigated.

I can't say it came as a surprise tho.

I did have a women come up to me about 3-4 yrs ago in the mall and start reading me, she was spot on.
I agree about CC. A friend of my son was being considered for a segment on Psychic Kids. They asked for a full bio and made it clear that the show would be scripted with "enhancements" added for dramatic effect.

Her mom sent the production crew packing.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 AM

6,621 posts, read 11,173,495 times
It's all fake junk. It's a TV show.

I can't believe people fall for this stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal