U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,226,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
With all respect isn't a 'vibe' a very subjective thing?

I mean maybe the whole 'average housewife' act is there to fool folks?
It's not the being a housewife thing that I'm picking up on.

Vibes have a subjective component and an objective component. It's like if everyone is looking at the same object from different angles--they have different persectives and "lenses" but they are looking at the same object.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I'm so sorry that I left you with the wrong impression.

I believe your experience was real. I think psychics have a better rapport with some people, or with the departed or the energies are just right or your aura is more open at a certain point in time, etc, etc, etc.

It is easier for a psychic to pick out of a group whom she wants to read than to read people randomly selected. The psychic who has appointments or is on tv doing crowd readings can have the program edited not to show the subjects that she was not really on the mark with.

Psychics are real, it's just not all of them will be all that accurate all of the time (and some say/think if they make money from the readings the inaccurate readings will become more frequent).
Some people just seem to "broadcast" more than others. They have such a strong psychic energy that it's hard to ignore. Could be another reason why spirits seem to be drawn to one person over another.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:55 AM

5,700 posts, read 8,296,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Some people just seem to "broadcast" more than others. They have such a strong psychic energy that it's hard to ignore. Could be another reason why spirits seem to be drawn to one person over another.
That makes sense, or maybe it's the spirits themselves that have more of a presence?

I wonder how it is for a medium to do a group reading like this and everyone in there probably has at least one person whose crossed over and wants to be heard...is there a scuffle going on that none of us see, with people's grandmothers pushing other grandmothers out of the way ?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:57 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,130,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
It's not the being a housewife thing that I'm picking up on.

Vibes have a subjective component and an objective component. It's like if everyone is looking at the same object from different angles--they have different persectives and "lenses" but they are looking at the same object.
What is the objective component of the vibes you are picking up from her?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
That makes sense, or maybe it's the spirits themselves that have more of a presence?

I wonder how it is for a medium to do a group reading like this and everyone in there probably has at least one person whose crossed over and wants to be heard...is there a scuffle going on that none of us see, with people's grandmothers pushing other grandmothers out of the way ?
I can see it now, sweet little blue haired old ladies pushing and shoving, climbing over each other......Grandma Tilly's wig gets knocked off.......

Seriously, some people just have very strong personalities. I can't see why a little thing like being dead would change that.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,332,656 times
I think the Long Island Medium is for real. She comes up with a lot of things that she could not guess on. I would love it if she came up to me and gave me a reading.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 AM

16,416 posts, read 27,928,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Well my seminar with Colette Baron Reid wasn't televised and I was there in person so no editing.

But I do think that sure, anything can be edited to seem real if fake - etc. etc. Whenever I watch this stuff on tv I always have "wow, that was cool, hope it's real" in the back of my mind.
Same here. I do believe the Long Island Medium is for real though. Unless the show is just a bunch of people who had a "reading" telling lies that she's accurate.

Another thing, I think people are getting mediums and psychics mixed up on this thread. The Long Island Medium talks to dead people, period. She does not predict the future (what a psychic does) for anyone. There's a big difference between the two.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM

15,824 posts, read 18,440,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Does anyone else watch this show? Teresa seems so real & I would love to believe in her, but I guess my natural skeptism is just too strong. What do you think?
I think She is real. She is such a gentle caring person.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:51 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,936,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Same here. I do believe the Long Island Medium is for real though. Unless the show is just a bunch of people who had a "reading" telling lies that she's accurate.

Another thing, I think people are getting mediums and psychics mixed up on this thread. The Long Island Medium talks to dead people, period. She does not predict the future (what a psychic does) for anyone. There's a big difference between the two.
Per Wiki:
. . . a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception (ESP), or who is said by others to have such abilities.

So, a medium perceives information hidden from the normal senses. In that respect they are psychics.

There are all sorts of psychic abilities, though. Some see things, some hear things, some 'sense', some talk to the dead, some see ghosts, some predict futures or read your past, probably exorcists are also using psychic power.

I can see where it is confusing, because the word 'psychic' is used in both ways.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:10 AM

5,700 posts, read 8,296,566 times
I forgot who I heard say this but he said all mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums. Maybe it was John Holland, I listen to his radio show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal