U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:56 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,226,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What is the objective component of the vibes you are picking up from her?
One of the subjective things I notice is that she actually has a very similar personality to me, which is why I feel I connect to her so well.

Objectively speaking, she expresses her emotions very outwardly. I feel like her family doesn't validate her very much for being who she is, but in spite of that, she is still unapologetically herself--energetic, outgoing, maybe a little weird, but still just confident to keep being herself.

She doesn't just turn on her gift for money-making, but is happy to give a message to anyone, at any given time, even if she isn't going to be getting a dime. I also notice that she has a LOT of anxiety. I'm glad that she mentioned having at least improved it with her healer friend, and hope she can continue to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 11:27 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,490,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Silvia Brown falls into the 95%.

Montel Williams was a huge supporter putting her in the spotlight. I wouldn't believe a word coming out of the womens mouth, and so arrogant...Gawd. I know shes from the Bronx, but sheesh.
i remember she told some woman her father wasn't her real father and the woman was like

Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM

16 posts, read 20,215 times
Anybody that's wanting to make money from a tv show is usually a fraud. My skepticism is high when people are on a show, where everything is pre-screened. who's to say that they didn't get all the information they needed from the pre-screening of the individuals. If you watch, she is always asking questions... It's easy to assume or presume things and work it into the bit, but if you're real then the so called medium should know things without asking, they should be telling you. My feelings about it.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 PM

24,724 posts, read 26,794,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Does anyone else watch this show? Teresa seems so real & I would love to believe in her, but I guess my natural skeptism is just too strong. What do you think?
I don't know of this medium in particular but I think the ones who do it for fame or money are either frauds or getting their info from evil spirits. I think it's the psychics you don't hear about who don't do it for a living, but to serve people in a more pure fashion who are for real. There aren't many of them.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 AM

24,724 posts, read 26,794,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Does anyone else watch this show? Teresa seems so real & I would love to believe in her, but I guess my natural skeptism is just too strong. What do you think?
I have to admit I am skeptical of psychics, but I watched 5 episodes of the show tonight and I am hooked

Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM

15,710 posts, read 22,767,205 times
2000 ppl went to see her recently at the DuPont Theater, in town. Wanted to get tickets, but didn't.

She only read about 20, quests each got hand autographed photos of Theresa. I heard shes thinner in person, and just as dynamic.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:
2000 ppl went to see her recently at the DuPont Theater, in town. Wanted to get tickets, but didn't.

She only read about 20, quests each got hand autographed photos of Theresa. I heard shes thinner in person, and just as dynamic.

hmmmm........2000 attended and yet only 20 got readings. Someone made Big Buck$. These stats leave me with a bad feeling. I suppose it's to be expected but it's not something I would participate in. I would prefer to visit with George Anderson,who does readings on Long Island but in very small groups and everyone attending gets a reading.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 PM

17,572 posts, read 21,756,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
One of the subjective things I notice is that she actually has a very similar personality to me, which is why I feel I connect to her so well.

Objectively speaking, she expresses her emotions very outwardly. I feel like her family doesn't validate her very much for being who she is, but in spite of that, she is still unapologetically herself--energetic, outgoing, maybe a little weird, but still just confident to keep being herself.

She doesn't just turn on her gift for money-making, but is happy to give a message to anyone, at any given time, even if she isn't going to be getting a dime. I also notice that she has a LOT of anxiety. I'm glad that she mentioned having at least improved it with her healer friend, and hope she can continue to do so.
I agree that her family takes her for granted. She seems kind and giving with a generous heart.

She is typical of a certain type of Long Island ethnic, working class house wife. I do not say this in a disparaging way, but that's her background. I'm originally from Long Island - but not her area which is one of the least expensive Long Island locations.

True to type, she permits her family to treat her in a dismissive fashion. She puts them first, and does not get very much in return.

I do wonder how much a private reading with her would cost. I'd be interested in seeing her.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:59 PM

15,710 posts, read 22,767,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
hmmmm........2000 attended and yet only 20 got readings. Someone made Big Buck$. These stats leave me with a bad feeling. I suppose it's to be expected but it's not something I would participate in. I would prefer to visit with George Anderson,who does readings on Long Island but in very small groups and everyone attending gets a reading.
Shes in demand right now bc of the show, ppl just want to see her sprayed hair do and arcrylic nails and decide if shes the real deal.

It must take a lot of energy to even read 20, at some point I would think it gets exhausting and you've got turn it off. Way too many ppl tho.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:17 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:
Shes in demand right now bc of the show, ppl just want to see her sprayed hair do and arcrylic nails and decide if shes the real deal.

It must take a lot of energy to even read 20, at some point I would think it gets exhausting and you've got turn it off. Way too many ppl tho.

exactly--a true Medium exerts so much energy into delivering messages from the spirits, so it's important to keep the groups small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal