Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 08:35 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Alright, I have one for you.

I live in a two story home and have pets. Last night, maybe around...8 or 9ish, I was in the kitchen, on the floor with one of my cats getting him to eat because he didn't eat earlier in the day.

I had a few of the others with me because they were trying to steal his food, (which is why I was on the floor, to shoo them away), and the dogs and a cat or two upstairs or elsewhere in the house.

So, I'm on the floor, making sure the other cats don't steal this one cat's food, we had been in there about 5 minutes when I heard a whole bunch of racket upstairs. This wasn't typical running around noise...I know how that sounds because they fricken do it all day long. It sounded a little different but I went ahead and decided it was just them all running around. I figured more than likely, one of the dogs was chasing, (in fun), one of the cats and it was just a lot of noise.

I was just getting to the point of thinking I should get up to tell them to knock it off when all the racket stopped and I distinctly heard a male voice say, very clearly, "Hi Kitty!"

I should add, I'm the only human being here.

I froze. Next thing I knew, every last animal was hightailing it in to the kitchen where I was. I had to fight an overwhelming urge to grab my car keys and drive the hell away from there for the night. I went ahead and worked hard at convincing myself that only a friendly "ghost" would say hi to the kitties and I acted like I wasn't in the least bit bothered and went on about my night pretending I hadn't heard a thing. (But even then, even if it was friendly, the goosebumps and the hair on my neck was UP!)

I've had things happen in the past but had not yet had anything happen up here in my new state. I guess it just did.
I think I would have checked for intruders,excluding spirits, then assumed it was a spirit. Spirits always welcome in my home--intruders---not so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think I would have checked for intruders,excluding spirits, then assumed it was a spirit. Spirits always welcome in my home--intruders---not so much
If it was an intruder, my dogs would not have come barreling down the stairs to me, they would have been barking and going after the intruder.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:41 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
If it was an intruder, my dogs would not have come barreling down the stairs to me, they would have been barking and going after the intruder.

you're probably right. Which means you have a vocal spirit--very cool

Old 06-25-2012, 12:15 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Hearing is sometimes not external sound but internal 'hearing'. I suspect that you had both the cats & dogs external sound and the internal voice sound. Interesting ...though clearly not a problem since the dog(s) were ok about it.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:30 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Alright, I have one for you.

I live in a two story home and have pets. Last night, maybe around...8 or 9ish, I was in the kitchen, on the floor with one of my cats getting him to eat because he didn't eat earlier in the day.

I had a few of the others with me because they were trying to steal his food, (which is why I was on the floor, to shoo them away), and the dogs and a cat or two upstairs or elsewhere in the house.

So, I'm on the floor, making sure the other cats don't steal this one cat's food, we had been in there about 5 minutes when I heard a whole bunch of racket upstairs. This wasn't typical running around noise...I know how that sounds because they fricken do it all day long. It sounded a little different but I went ahead and decided it was just them all running around. I figured more than likely, one of the dogs was chasing, (in fun), one of the cats and it was just a lot of noise.

I was just getting to the point of thinking I should get up to tell them to knock it off when all the racket stopped and I distinctly heard a male voice say, very clearly, "Hi Kitty!"

I should add, I'm the only human being here.

I froze. Next thing I knew, every last animal was hightailing it in to the kitchen where I was. I had to fight an overwhelming urge to grab my car keys and drive the hell away from there for the night. I went ahead and worked hard at convincing myself that only a friendly "ghost" would say hi to the kitties and I acted like I wasn't in the least bit bothered and went on about my night pretending I hadn't heard a thing. (But even then, even if it was friendly, the goosebumps and the hair on my neck was UP!)

I've had things happen in the past but had not yet had anything happen up here in my new state. I guess it just did.
I agree. Looks like your ghost likes cats!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM

170 posts, read 316,406 times
I have a a little short story here.

Back in 05 I was on vacation and stayed with my cousins in their home. The house was nice and had a lot of decorations and considering the walls were like dark red it looked a little creepy. So I went to bed at around 11pm and I could not sleep. I literally felt like someone was staring at me the whole time. I kept looking around but there was no one around and no wall pictures to replicate eyes. I also thought I was too excited to be on vacation. Luckly that was the only night (2-3hours sleep) I had to stay there and I never mentioned it to any of my cousins because they might think I'm weird.

After my vacation when I got back home I told the story to another cousin here who knows about the area. She said that the house had a guardian (friendly ghost I suppose) who would mock strangers. There was a story of a lady who was able to see ghosts and did not enter because she was so afraid.

Well that brought back memories and put a chill in my back!

Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM

24,107 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I can relate. That's how we feel about our outside ghost "junior".

We don't know who he really is. I've researched what property records are available and can't find anything. Same with the census records. Whoever he is, he's very protective of the farm and me. If I go outside after dark, he's right there with me until I either get in my truck or go back in the house. We catch glimpses of him walking across the front yard or up the walkway toward the house.

We have a particular neighbor that "junior" seems to dislike quite a bit. He came over a few days ago yelling at me accusing one of my dogs of killing his cow. Anyway he's screaming at me, i'm screaming back and he looks over my shoulder, turns white as a damn sheet and backed his way to the truck then left.

I knew Junior was standing behind me but I had no idea that the neighbor from hell was aware of his presence.
May I borrow Junior? I have a neighbor or two I'd like to scare the sheet out of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal