Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times

Advertisements

In esoteric circles we are warned against judging others.

I think this is because our thoughts are things and judging (and maybe gossiping) can act to hinder the growth of another being.

On the other side, we make evaluations all the time. Society could not exist without our ability to organize, which mandates that we make judgments.

There are aspects to us, as individuals, that maybe only God is aware of. Maybe some of us who do bad things had horrible past lives or is born with some physical brain or chemical aberration that is of yet undiscovered. We cannot be aware of all of the inputs to bad behavior.

I subscribe to the idea that every thing wants what is 'good'. That impulse just gets twisted in some people.

That leads us to think about what is 'good' anyway? In nature what is good for one may not be for another. Is God 'good'? If so, does IT have the same concept of 'good' that we do? Probably not, as there is so much misery in the world. God, if good, must be somewhat detached, no?

I do believe that when we leave our bodies the great majority of us go to a much better place of peace, love, harmony. Sins are errors. We see our errors and attempt to correct them in our futures (which gives us the forgiveness of our sins by ourselves). I believe that a lot of the biblical stuff is allegorical.

So it seems as though this material life is just one big school, and perhaps things that are bad exist for such a short time in the grand scheme of things that they lose significance.

Okay, just some random thoughts, here, if anyone would care to respond, it could be interesting, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Good little ramble there. Life indeed is one big never ending lesson.
I see the dilemma between judging and not. It's a catch 22 almost.
I think that a person's 'use' of judging determines if we are doing it right.
Is our judgment a temporary assumption and we don't let it dictate how we treat that person until our assumption is confirmed?
I don't think that someone saying something about someone else could hinder their growth and more than it can help it. Someone can say something rotten about me and I am either going to laugh or ignore it. If a person struggles with what is being said or thought about them, then somewhere in there is a lesson, they can choose to rise to the challenge or let it eat them up. It would be their own doing.
I size up people all the time, but I also give everyone a fair shake to proove themselves.
I have had friends tell me 'don't do biz with so and so, they will do xyz'.
Well, the way I see that is a appreciated warning, but I'm not going to pass up an opprotunity based on someone else's past experience. I figure that since I know this, I have the upper hand and if anything sets my buzzers off, I know to back off before I am taken advantage of.

As far as our own judgment, sins as you call them and what not- one word, Karma.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:23 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
There was some saying that I heard, something about, often, if you wish to change, those closest to you hinder you the most.

People react to you, in part, as a projected idea of who they think you are.

If you wish to change, it is sometimes strangers who accept you as you are before friends and family.

As an extreme, I am thinking of reforming addicts or people let out of prison, but it also applies if you just wish to get rid of annoying personality traits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal