Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
When Pee Wee Herman was very popular with the kids..before the movie thing I bought one of the grandsons a Pee Wee Herman doll that talked when you pulled the string in back Don't remember what he said but it sounded eerily exactly like him and my grandson threw it across the floor and jumped in my lap..From then on he was afraid of any toy that "talked" He thought if they talked, they were alive and out to get him with the exception od Barney "Barney" who sang

One of the grand daughters had a TeleTubby who sounded like he was spewing out gutter talk..She thought it was hilarious, but we dismantled his voice box..But I guess it didn't traumatize her because she still just loves to relate her Tele Tubby story whenever we are sitting around laughing and enjoying reminiscing about when they were all still little.
I was kind of freaked out by the ones who talked as well. Tickle me Elmo's are kind of creepy, the voice and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
It's not just for kids! LoL.
My mother is a serious doll collector and dealer of antique and collectible dolls. For the past 20 years and thru three houses, she has had what is called 'the doll room'. Of course the room is a bedroom, and the guest room....not very many guests like to sleep in that room.
My grandmother (and myself) are the only two people who don't care.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
As a kid, did you ever have a fear of dolls, statues, soft toys.etc coming to life?
I did (as embarrassing as it might be).

I don't know why. It was an irrational fear, but then I suppose all fear is irrational.

I used to bury my GI Joe Doll under piles of clothes (you know, so, um, it wouldn't "get me").

Hiding under the bed...

Mircea

Old 05-04-2012, 03:42 PM

538 posts, read 1,012,469 times

When I was kid my parents bought me one of these. Loved it. As soon as I got through watching the first Child's Play, that doll went into a closest never to be played with again.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post

When I was kid my parents bought me one of these. Loved it. As soon as I got through watching the first Child's Play, that doll went into a closest never to be played with again.
My buddy! They should have given him a gun or something... no self-respecting 80's boy would play with dolls otherwise.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,333 times
I was scared to death of my Raggedy Ann doll for some reason

Old 05-05-2012, 01:14 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
LOL--just remembered what I was scared, like terrified of, when I was a kid.
Id get in trouble and have to stay in my room. But I always wandered out. Then somehow they discovered my fear of the shoe brush. They put in in the door way and I'd sit on my bed and whimper.
I remember thinking it was like a giant fuzzy catapillar.
Would not go anywhere near the thing.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:25 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
I remember the ferby toys that was all the rage back in 1999-2000. After awhile, parents claimed the dolls were demonic because they would talk about strange things and behave weirdly and talk back and start laughing out of nowhere. Some of them were reported to even talked without batteries. So they started returning them and throwing them away en mass. I had one briefly but I don't remember it that well. I think it didn't work too good because it was a hand-me-down. It got torn up by the lawn mower and that's the last time I ever had one. Can't say I would want one anymore. I saw a youtube video about the little creatures and they are still as creepy as ever. I think there is something very strange about those little things. If you google search "ferby demonic" and there are pages and pages of stories and reports and questions about these little creatures having demonic possession and stuff like that.

Last edited by allenk893; 05-05-2012 at 01:42 AM..

Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,624 times
Yes. To this day I have a fear and hatred of dolls. As a kid I used to think they would come and scratch my eyeballs out when I slept.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wonder how common this fear is...when I was a kid, I'd used to have fear of inanimate objects in the form of animals or people coming to life. For instance, we had a statute of a girl on the piano that looked like what you see in those old cemeteries, and I remember being afraid of even going down there in the dark at times! Also, we had some clown puppets that used to freak me out so much I'd hide them away in the cupboard lest they magically come alive. One time, we had these wooden ducks on the mantepiece and I literally tricked myself into believing I'd seen them move.

These fears would often arise after reading about say reports of moving statues or things like this.

On the subject, anyone familiar with Robert the Doll?

Robert The Doll

Some of the reports might be exaggerated, but the doll quite well have an 'evil energy' to it.

when i was real little like 4 or 5 I can to this day remember one my dad's buddies having this doll that looked like animal off the muppets hanging in his home office. his wife use to babysit me and i remember looking into his office from the living room and that thing just sitting there looking right back at me and would scare the you know what out of me. i seriously thought that thing was seconds away from coming to life and chasing after me. really really creepy doll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal