Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which would freak you out more?
Casper 19 19.39%
ET 79 80.61%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have never seen an alien but I have seen a ghost that I thought was a person that had broken into our room. I shook for at least an hour. I didn't know until the next morning that it had been a ghost.

This happened on our last night in the condo, but if it had not been scheduled to be our last night it would have been anyway. It kind of explained all the strange things that had happened there all week long such as noises like a tree scratching against the wall but I would look out and there was no wind blowing. Doors closed on their own. We thought it was gravity. It was a very drafty room, but there were lots of windows and I just thought it was not insulated well.

Then I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a man standing in our hallway and he grinned at me. I just got chills when I typed that. My husband checked every door and window and there was no way anyone could have gotten in naturally. He then told me I probably dreamed it and it was such a real dream that it seemed like it happened. I do sometimes dream very vividly, so I went back to sleep and he stayed awake until the ghost came back and left again.

When I woke up the next morning he said, "Do you know what you saw last night?" and when I answered "No." He said, "It was a ghost." I thought he was joking and I laughed and shook my head. Then I said, "How do you know it was a ghost." He said, "By the way it left." I gave him a questioning look and he said, "It left as a vapor into the heating vent and several comical dancing faces went with it."

THEN HE WENT BACK TO SLEEP!
Oh my gosh, that's no even funny. If I saw someone there, that alone would send me into cardiac arrest, but to see him go into vapor and down the heating vent, good grief! Way scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 05:44 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Alien would scare me more. I've lived in haunted places before. It is creepy, downright scary at times, but I think that seeing an alien, while cool, would be much more frightening.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:12 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I mean I would be seriously freaked out if I saw an alien and they looked anything like the pictures you see. I try to not even think about aliens because the idea they could exist scares me. I feel that way about Bigfoot too. I live in a wooded area and if I saw a Bigfoot it would really scare me.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:24 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Absolutely an alien. I have seen a ghost or two, but that, at least the way that they are depicted, would really scare the hell out of me.

I have more knowledge of what ghosts can and can not do, and how to deal with this.
Aliens are...alien. I'm not sure what they can do, and their abilities may be far superior to ours.

Not a difficult guess, because we humans have not encountered any aliens, have we?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I don't think ghosts can hurt you beyond scaring you but aliens would be a physical threat. They'd be far more advanced and could do you harm if they wanted to.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Ghost, spirits and demons, oh my!
Ghosts and spirits are two different things in my book....and how do you know what they prefer being called? LOL...
And demons....oh boy....I wonder what a friendly ET would do if you accused him of being a demon.

The poll does not have a 'niether' option. Already encountered ghosts...
I would not be scared to see an alien, been wanting to most of my life. I always said that when they come and make themselves public, I'm going to be the nut on the top of the hill with a sign saying 'take me with you'.
Now of course, I don't know if these aliens are kind or not....it would be more exciting for me than scary. There is that element of caution mixed with the excitement and some anxiety over witnessing such an event. I'm sure I'd be vibrating, like the shakes. That happens to me when I'm in uncertain/nervous situations. Just as long as my legs don't turn to jello if I need to run. Nervous, cautious, curious....sure, scared, no....but who's to say. Could be it comes out looking like the mother in the movie alien....that would be not fun....
I asked which they prefer and they told me and spirits do not haunt places they haunt people. There are exceptions from time to time but most often spirits haunt people. Not exactly haunt but are attached to people not places.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 AM

538 posts, read 1,012,569 times
Alien for sure. If they are advanced enough to travel to our planet, then I'm pretty sure they are advanced enough to destroy our planet.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
This thread really says something about where our contemporary culture's anxieties are. If you asked this question a hundred years ago, the answer would have been "ghosts", hands down.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
This thread really says something about where our contemporary culture's anxieties are. If you asked this question a hundred years ago, the answer would have been "ghosts", hands down.
Exactly! If the question had been, "What would be scarier, a typewriter or a smart phone?" you'd have gotten a completely different answer 100 years ago.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Neither actually harmed you...the ghost was a stranger, the alien look like those bug-eyed stereotypes you see on the X-files or the Roswell crash 'photos.'

Say you saw both in some remote field in the country...

Which would seem scarier? I'd actually say the ghost, since it's supernatural, while the alien is probably at least flesh and blood.
I say the E.T.

Ghosts were terrestrial.

E.T.'s are something else entirely, and who's to say they've got flesh and blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal