U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM

3,738 posts, read 6,213,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
That dream is a very, very common dream theme and it represents a feeling of no control of your life. Look back to the events and situations of that time. Could have been an ongoing thing (relationship, financial) or your dream was so sucessful in telling you the 'problem' that you fixed it, but then the next time you were stressed and feeling that way, your subconscious used the dream again.
But I have been having that dream from a very early age. Way before things like finances or romantic relationships even had a meaning to me. Even the earliest memories I have of this dream, just a little kid, I was always an adult in the dreams. Always. And I was the driver, and was always alone in the car. And although I haven't had the dream in a couple of years now, it has been recurring for me my entire life.

I always wonder if that was immediately before my death in a past life, with my actual death occurring after I wake up from the dream due to a collision with another car in the intersection or some such. As I said I was always an adult in that dream, though a young adult.

Last edited by cjg5; 05-11-2012 at 11:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 09:26 AM

3,748 posts, read 5,811,743 times
It's possible that it's a past life, but it is more commonly a dream theme. Even children stress and worry. What was growing up like for you? Even of you may not recall some hard times, as a child we are more about feeling than we are about facts and logic. You may have seen your parents relationship normal for the most part, but if you ever heard them argue late at night, it could have an effect.

I'm not 'telling' you what this dream really is, just the possible options to look at.
It's not often that children dream of driving a car, or being an adult, but there are common aspects of dream symbolism that is used by the subconscious. Being an adult or someone else has meaning, as does doing something you have never done before.
Dreams are quite mysterious at times.
Are you able to recall what sort of car? Location or anything? Knowing the car and location might help figure out the dream.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM

3,738 posts, read 6,213,751 times
I don't know any other information about location or anything like that.

My parents argued a lot but as far as I can remember they never did it in front of me. They split up when I was still fairly young. After they split up, I lived for about 5 years after that with my great grandparents, about another 2 years with my grandparents, and then the remainder until adulthood with my dad. (From about age 11 on).

Old 05-12-2012, 02:07 PM

3,748 posts, read 5,811,743 times
From the dream expressed here and in your discussion about repeating dreams, I would say that they are all anxiety dreams. Children are so impressionable and sensitive. You knew that your parents argued, (which i suspected) but not why. To a child, that could make them feel that they are the reason. Having been bounced around so much you really did not have any feeling of stability. A child knows that his/her place is with thier parents. Even with being under a good roof, it does not make up for the pain.
Your car dream could be that you wanted to be grown up and just drive away from it all and lead your own life. But, being young, it's a scary thing to do, and knowing that little kids can't really make it on thier own.
With the car dream occurring later in life, it could be just a thing that works in your dreams so is used often in situations where you want to 'run away' but fear the outcome if you do.
If you have the dream again, try and pick out details. And when awake, consider what is happening in life that has you stressed and not feeling that you are able to get ahead, or that every time you attempt something, you run up against a wall that keeps you from success.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:46 PM

11,427 posts, read 19,438,504 times
Years ago, during a very stressful negative time in my life, I took a week off work to repaint and clean the back bedroom. I painted the whole room and then took the time to wash the wooden floors on my hands and knees. I was listening to 1940's swing music and enjoying myself. Cleaning and repainting the room was cleaning and repainting a part of my life that was no longer working and was now GONE.

But the music got to me. I started thinking about the time when that music was popular and that led to WW2. We always hear about the soldiers and what they went through, but there was a lot on the home front going on.

Women had to run households alone, raise their children alone -- the only link to their husbands serving was V-mail -- where a soldier would write a letter home, it would be censored if necessary, filmed, and then printed when the film came back to the states and then mailed.

My mother had a few of these letters from my father.

And then there were the telegrams. At the very thought of the dreaded telegrams, the sadness just over took me. I became the war widow -- it was just like I had gotten one of the telegrams. I was devastated. I sat on the wet floor and sobbed, while the White Cliffs of Dover played.

Now -- do I think in a previous life I was a WW2 widow?

No -- I was dealing with a stressful situation and I was putting it away, and I needed that emotional release to say goodbye to it.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,289,411 times
I was once regressed under hypnosis by a psychiatrist doing a study on the possibility of reincarnation. The experience was amazing. Going backward thru the birth process(now that hurt! and it was so cold) there was nothing but beautiful dark blue nothingness and marvelous peace. Then I felt as if I were a very little boy and had done something wrong. There was this large woman with a dirty big dress, mixing something by hand in a wooden bowl and she was yelling at me. I was in a very little hut with a dirt floor and there were chickens pecking about. Then, the hypnotist moved me backwards more. Again, the wonderful dark blue nothingness and then, I was walking on a dirt road with another girl and I felt as if I were a young woman. There were horsemen with strange skin helmets, fur cape-like things, big beards and they were teasing we girls and laughing. I felt as if they were occupyers of our homeland and I didn't like them but I wasn't afraid of them. The hynotist tried to get me to say the name of the place. I almost had it - and he moved me again! There was nothing more he could get and then he tried to bring me out of hynosis. But I didn't ever want to come back. The beautiful dark blue was so good and I tried and tried NOT to wake up. I could hear everything he said and he was telling my mother, who was there, 'she doesn't want to come back'. But I did.

Now, I've read alot about reincarnation. There is a theory of ancestral memory. That is, were inherit our ancestor's memories and what we think is reincarnation and other lives is actually that. Then, there are other theories, based on quantum theory, that we can be reincarnated forward or backward in time.

Regardless, no one can prove any of it - but it sure does explain some of our abilities, our memories of things we should not have memories of, and the fact we are so very attracted to some things.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,748,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
I was once regressed under hypnosis by a psychiatrist doing a study on the possibility of reincarnation. The experience was amazing. Going backward thru the birth process(now that hurt! and it was so cold) there was nothing but beautiful dark blue nothingness and marvelous peace. Then I felt as if I were a very little boy and had done something wrong. There was this large woman with a dirty big dress, mixing something by hand in a wooden bowl and she was yelling at me. I was in a very little hut with a dirt floor and there were chickens pecking about. Then, the hypnotist moved me backwards more. Again, the wonderful dark blue nothingness and then, I was walking on a dirt road with another girl and I felt as if I were a young woman. There were horsemen with strange skin helmets, fur cape-like things, big beards and they were teasing we girls and laughing. I felt as if they were occupyers of our homeland and I didn't like them but I wasn't afraid of them. The hynotist tried to get me to say the name of the place. I almost had it - and he moved me again! There was nothing more he could get and then he tried to bring me out of hynosis. But I didn't ever want to come back. The beautiful dark blue was so good and I tried and tried NOT to wake up. I could hear everything he said and he was telling my mother, who was there, 'she doesn't want to come back'. But I did.

Now, I've read alot about reincarnation. There is a theory of ancestral memory. That is, were inherit our ancestor's memories and what we think is reincarnation and other lives is actually that. Then, there are other theories, based on quantum theory, that we can be reincarnated forward or backward in time.

Regardless, no one can prove any of it - but it sure does explain some of our abilities, our memories of things we should not have memories of, and the fact we are so very attracted to some things.

Why did you do this?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,748,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Years ago, during a very stressful negative time in my life, I took a week off work to repaint and clean the back bedroom. I painted the whole room and then took the time to wash the wooden floors on my hands and knees. I was listening to 1940's swing music and enjoying myself. Cleaning and repainting the room was cleaning and repainting a part of my life that was no longer working and was now GONE.

But the music got to me. I started thinking about the time when that music was popular and that led to WW2. We always hear about the soldiers and what they went through, but there was a lot on the home front going on.

Women had to run households alone, raise their children alone -- the only link to their husbands serving was V-mail -- where a soldier would write a letter home, it would be censored if necessary, filmed, and then printed when the film came back to the states and then mailed.

My mother had a few of these letters from my father.

And then there were the telegrams. At the very thought of the dreaded telegrams, the sadness just over took me. I became the war widow -- it was just like I had gotten one of the telegrams. I was devastated. I sat on the wet floor and sobbed, while the White Cliffs of Dover played.

Now -- do I think in a previous life I was a WW2 widow?

No -- I was dealing with a stressful situation and I was putting it away, and I needed that emotional release to say goodbye to it.

It sounds as though that is what it was in your case, but it could be a bit more.

Certainly not everything ot every connection to a previous time that is made can be attributed to a "past life."

However, it does sound as though you did make an emotional connection to another place and time.
To me it seems as though you may have some how connected to the energy of countless woman who were in this situation during the second world war.

Cleaning and music are powerful exorcises that are used in magik.

Sounds as though you cleaned up a storm.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:09 AM

5,700 posts, read 8,294,164 times
I don't know what I believe about reincarnation. I'm not 100% in believing in it, but I'm open to it. I do know that I have a very strong attraction to certain places almost as if I've been there - Italy, the Sichuan province of China, Monterey Bay in California (I did go to Monterey and it was a very odd feeling as if I were home). I also have a very VERY strong and strange aversion to Holland that is seemingly inexplicable, except that I love the Dutch master paintings. Even the architecture gives me his weird feeling of dread. Not sure what that's all about.

Weird kid alert: When I was in kindergarten I told a classmate that I was a reincarnated kangaroo. Used that word. I've always remembered this. I was definitely an odd child, but hey, maybe I'm a reincarnated kangaroo, lol.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,289,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Why did you do this?
Curiosity. I have a keen sense of adventure and am rather fearless. I'd love to do it again but would NOT unless it were a licensed psychiatrist, not some charletan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal