Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:58 AM

4,178 posts, read 4,422,041 times

Advertisements

On a trip to Poland in 2002, since I was near where some ancestors came from, I had a local drive me to the nearest town / village. As part of the trip I asked if there was anything of note to see nearby and she took me to a spot where an 18th century country mansion was being renovated into a school house. The day we stopped by to visit I started walking the gravel pathway beyond the mansion and over to a slight ridge with a tree line that overlooked a broad fertile valley plain. While I stood there for a moment surveying the expansive view, I had a profound feeling of having been there before, and working the field and orchards.
It seemed more a 'channeling' of ancestral bloodlines, as if the spirits of those before me reached out to enable me to feel or visualize their timeline or such. It was very moving experience and seemed like a about 5-10 minutes but in reality could only have been a few minutes as my guide had come looking for me after trying the front of the property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 01:11 PM

457 posts, read 692,287 times
I don't know if I feel reincarnated from a specific era, but I definitely feel close and/or at home with the colonial era of early America. I don't know if it's because I'm related to Paul Revere, but anything colonial just really speaks and feels familiar to me.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:01 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,207,511 times
Since I was a very small kid, with no reasons in this life to feel it, I have been fascinated by survival stories, especially of children. I read them and feel as if I'm there, as if I have experienced it. I never told my parents. But the feelings were very intense.

And when I first read about reincarnation, it made such instant sense to me. I didn't tell anyone about that either. A lot of times I've been told I have an Old Soul, and yet I came to believe that something terrible happened that ended the last life very young.

I was regressed a few years ago, and the last life I was called at ten. All I felt was this profound sense of nothingness, black emptiness. I had recollections of one, a child in a farm community, but that last one was one that I didn't live to ten.

A friend of mine was doing a story set in ww2 in Eastern Europe. I hadn't read much in terms of personal histories but was drawn like a magnet to it. I haven't felt that kind of draw in any particular time. Thousands of children died then, so maybe one of them was me in my last life. But I've come to see that I needed to reconcile things in this life. I think I have and its a great joy that there is peace in me now.

But I have a friend, met online, who I met in person. Both of us had the immediate feeling we'd known each other before, and been together. Not to be this lifetime, but we're friends. But I can see us on a train, dressed turn of the century style, old style passanger cards, as it rumbled across open ground. We were together and I hope maybe in the next life we get to be again.

I believe we learn something each life that contributes to the next, and sometimes have to make peace with some grief, but while I need no 'proof' of it, I feel deeply it is the true nature of living that each 'life' is a transition to somethng greater.

Since I have made this peace, I find that my empathy is easier to allow to work and I'm more 'aware' of other things. I've always felt there was someone in the front bedroom. It started shutting off the modem, and since then have confirmed an old man did die in that room. He's still there, just more peaceful.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:33 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,938,242 times
I feel very connected to the Victorian/Edwardian Era. Even as a child I "knew" about it. I would always ask my parents for those puzzles you see at like Walmart that depicted Victorian scenes of couples strolling in a park or the homes lit by gas lights.

As I've gotten older I feel it stronger, I've now begun collecting Victorian Cookbooks (I have a culinary degree). I feel connected to the ones with hand written recipes in them specifically. My last one I was lucky enough to find random news paper clippings in. Adds for womens corsets and on the back a public survey on starting daylight savings time and to be filled and telegraphed in. Assuming its the actual survey for the start of it then its a bit older than my cookbook (about 1918 I think). Any who I get almost nostalgic feelings of the Era and certain smells can set that off like I know its an old smell. Its weird

Old 12-23-2013, 05:00 PM

1,908 posts, read 2,532,208 times
I believe in reincarnation and have my own strange happenings.

When I was a real young child - 3 or 4 up until my teen years - I was so petrified when the phone rang that I literally froze in place for a moment before I bolted out of the room. I refused to answer the phone until I was an older teen. My family thought I was stupid, but my fear was so real.
I could talk on the phone without problems; I could even make phone calls, but I could not answer it - even if I was home alone! I guess it was funny to watch someone bolt -and sometimes hide - when the phone rang.

I also hate, hate, hate history...except for the Civil War and that whole time period. I never learned details of any other war, but can tell you a lot about life during the Civil War. I feel like I was a man from Maine who worked on ships during that time period, running goods from north to south. Just a really strong feeling.

I love reading other people's stories.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:28 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,970,134 times
Ever notice how no one is ever the crap shoveler in a former life? Every one was Pharaoh, or Czar, or some great figure but never do you hear, ya I shoveled horse crap in the streets of Rome or London. Never do you hear that I scrubbed out the walls of the ***** house in Greece. LOL Makes you wonder.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:23 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,496,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Ever notice how no one is ever the crap shoveler in a former life? Every one was Pharaoh, or Czar, or some great figure but never do you hear, ya I shoveled horse crap in the streets of Rome or London. Never do you hear that I scrubbed out the walls of the ***** house in Greece. LOL Makes you wonder.
I never heard anyone say they were a Pharoah or a Czar. Ever.

LOL. Makes you wonder. Whatever.

You said, "Every one was a Pharoah". Where? On this thread? I guess crap shovelers don't have the best reading comprehension.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:53 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,549,912 times
When I was quite small, my mother would braid my hair and would hold the braids so they were on top of my head, in the Jewish Style, I would walk around holding my braids on top of my head until I was old enough to pin them up myself.

I have also been fascinated by English History, Medieval Era, Civil War, and The War of the Roses time. Pre Tudor.

I have also always had a desire to live in a rural area. I finally do after years in a big city and I feel completely at home. Since I was a small child, I would tell my father, we needed chickens and would tell him how they needed a house and perches, it was like I knew about it already.

I have also since, I was small, had tsunami nightmares. When I was young I did not understand how tsunamis worked, I thought it was would a large, crested wave. My dreams are just a large swell,of water

I also have this recurring dream about this house. It is large, many many rooms, but it is dated and needs tons of work. The rooms are always in the wrong places, dining rooms away from the kitchen, step down rooms, things like. I have dreamed of this house for many years.

I have several much younger siblings who seemed to have prior life memories. They would take about people they did not know and places they had never been. I wish I had written more details. One talked about a friend named Jim Michael and another someone name Kate Spoon. They were too young for school.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:09 PM

808 posts, read 661,298 times
I wanted to live in New York since I was 12 or 13. Since I was living behind the Iron Curtain at the time even dreaming this was a danger, so I kept those to myself.
It came true eventually and I lived in NYC for almost 6 years and I would move there back in a blink of an eye, but life decided differently. i love that city and feel really belonging there, although the most what I need is just walking the streets

However I do not connect this to any "previous lives", although I did when I was a teenager. Then I believed in reincarnation, now - I do not.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:05 AM

609 posts, read 1,257,658 times
when i was a kid my mom always used to say she thought i was reincarnated. i was always remembering things that never happened. but in my head they were really real things, and i was there.

edit: just to clarify, i know kids make things up...it wasnt like that, they were very real memories to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal