Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 PM

23,899 posts, read 32,207,052 times

Advertisements

Let me first say that I have little patients for so called psychics who tell gullible and narcissistic patrons that they are the reincarnation of a famous, powerful or beautiful historical personality or figure.

Chango spoke about "your personal BS detector" abd here is another instance where my alarm is set off wild and loud. Usually it's a person from antiquity or a person person whose background would be impossible to verify. And generally it's faltering.

You were never a bum in your former life, an insurance salesman, a bank teller, a shop keeper or a nurse. There is nothing wrong with any of those and indeed more people through the years have been one them, than they have been "Indian Princesses" or "First Ladies" (I've been told both and I believe neither).

But i do believe something. When I've been to Europe, I felt it each time, especially in certain countries. I knew things about this time as a child, before I had any knowledge or these events. I've had ultra realistic dreams about it.

Does any one else feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 02:40 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,731,871 times
I didn't want to brag, but I was Pocahontas in a past life. And Mulan. And Snow White.

I'll post some pics of me in a pretty dress later...

But to answer your question, yes. I have a thing for late Victorian/early 20th century rural America. It's sort of embarassing, but I remember once going to a working historical farm here in UT and completely breaking down in tears when the tour guide cranked up the old victrolla in the farmhouse and played it for us. I was never one to cry easy, but that really got me for reasons I still don't understand, making me feel very homesick for somewhere...some time that I (as far as I know) never knew. Of course, it could all have just been psychological, and I otherwise have no "memories" of any past lives at all.

Last edited by Chango; 05-10-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,641,666 times
Lol- I know what you mean by these 'wondrous' lives.

I have feeling for several past lives.
One I am not particularly proud of, but sure does explain a lot about this life.
I was a high ranking military man during on of Romes onslaughts.
I did what I wanted, took what I wanted, any thing I wanted and I mean a n y t h i n g. (uhg...so awful)
I was a total jerk and died never finding peace.
I was totally self centered and did not care thing one for other people.

But on the flip side, I had a vision once and drew a picture of what I saw. It was an Abbey on top of a hill.
I was a sister there, we cared for children and had a large garden. It was a very loving and peaceful place.
I did some looking around on line for some history into the Abbeys of the UK.
I found a picture of one, don't recall the name at the moment, starts with an 'M' I think.
From there I went for some history on that Abbey and discovered that it was run by women. That the head sister was more pagan in her views, but expressed them through Christianity.

I would totally have fit in to a place like that.
Now I have to go find that place again...and get a link.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 PM

8,008 posts, read 10,566,077 times
I don't know if I was reincarnated, but in my next life, I'm going to come of age in the 1940's.

The '70's were great, but boy has it been down hill from there.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,208,483 times
I can't say that I have an affinity for any particular time, just professions.

Medicine and farming. Quite the odd combination.

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that the people in my life now, we've been thru this together before and we will go thru this again.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,797,927 times
Ever since I was very little, I have had a certain recurring dream. It is exactly the same every single time, and I've had it countless times throughout my life, although it has been about 3 or 4 years since the last I remember having it now.

Anyway, I am driving a car and coming up to an intersection with an all way stop. I put my foot on the brake, and the car doesn't stop. The brakes have failed! I start to get a panic, scared feeling as I try in vain to brake. It doesn't happen, and my car goes out into the intersection . Then I wake up. I never see myself or my car being hit or anything like that, just my brakes failing, going out into the intersection, and I wake up.

I often wonder if that is how I died in a recent past life. I just wake up before being hit for some reason.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:09 AM

23,899 posts, read 32,207,052 times
Your stories are fascinating! Each and every one! I am not sure what I think about reincarnation, and it's presence in pop cultural paranormal and the new age movement is a little troubling.But I have these feelings.

It's been very commercialized. And in that process and the "insights" of certain half baked psychics.

Yet I like all of you have had several attractions to different points of time and to his been a theme in my life since childhood and before I even knew what reincarnation was.

I have always been interested in an attracted - if you can call it that -- to the Holocaust. I am not Jewish. I have had certain very vivid dreams about things related to the Holocaust since I was a child. I am terrified of fire, feel a revolution towards gas chambers and bigotry of any sort.
When I see a shape remotely like a swastika I am panicked.

When I was in Eastern Europe I visited Baba Yar and Auschwitz-Burkinau. I needed to do this. I felt ill in places that I did NOT KNOW had to do with the Holocaust. There was a barn in Pryluki, Chernahiv Oblast, Ukraine that made me vomit.

I found out later that the barn had been the place where adults were doused with kerosene and burned alive.

We were close to adopting a Ukrainian boy, and at his orphanage there was a plack dedicated to a former orphanage director who saved " 60 Sovoet children from Fascist Oppression and certain death" When we took some of the children out to play under a cement garage - the place they played when it drizzled, I felt an overwhelming sadness.I took pictures of the boy we wanted to adopt and when we printed them, e were surrounded by bright solid and translucent orbs. In some pictures. In others, taken the very same day and under the same conditions, there was nothing. .

I still have some horrific dreams. In college I took several classes about Eastern Europe, The Holocaust and World War II. I knew things before they were taught.

I did see one very humble and believable psychic who told me that she had a feeling about a past life. My BS meter was in full swing but I asked her what it was.

She said "Actually it ended terribly. Your name was Anna and you were married to a doctor in Poland or Ukraine ( the borders changed frequently) You had one child. You were Jewish. You were put in a concentration camp horrible experiments were performed on you. They did something that would make you unable to have children.

I did have trouble with fertility. I felt an instant connection to what this woman said. Anna sounded right. I felt that I knew her.

I have had people who want to hypnotize me and perform past life regressions.
Honestly, I'm not that brave.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:01 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,837,966 times
I was a bum in a past life. Oh wait, that's this life! lol

Old 05-11-2012, 04:02 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,837,966 times
I was also Helen of Troy. If you're wondering, no I wasn't all I was cracked up to be. I was hairy, even for a Greek woman, and had a face like Zorba the Greek. But indeed, such were the standards of beauty for the day. Indeed, many men waxed about my wonderfully womanly moustache.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,641,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Ever since I was very little, I have had a certain recurring dream. It is exactly the same every single time, and I've had it countless times throughout my life, although it has been about 3 or 4 years since the last I remember having it now.

Anyway, I am driving a car and coming up to an intersection with an all way stop. I put my foot on the brake, and the car doesn't stop. The brakes have failed! I start to get a panic, scared feeling as I try in vain to brake. It doesn't happen, and my car goes out into the intersection . Then I wake up. I never see myself or my car being hit or anything like that, just my brakes failing, going out into the intersection, and I wake up.

I often wonder if that is how I died in a recent past life. I just wake up before being hit for some reason.
That dream is a very, very common dream theme and it represents a feeling of no control of your life. Look back to the events and situations of that time. Could have been an ongoing thing (relationship, financial) or your dream was so sucessful in telling you the 'problem' that you fixed it, but then the next time you were stressed and feeling that way, your subconscious used the dream again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal