Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:25 PM

278 posts, read 1,108,835 times

Advertisements

Do you ever see things floating around in them (little balls of light or something)? We have a little one and, while not every night or nap time, quite often there are things floating around just as he is falling asleep. usually only one or two at a time, but occasionally 10 or more all at once. I'm pretty agnostic, and don't really ever "feel" anything in their room but still wonder what they could be...

Dust?

There is no fan of any kind in the room to move dust around, nor does this exclusively happen when the ac/heat is on. They also tend to move around erratically in different directions...sometimes slow, sometimes fast.

We dont live in a barn so I doubt they are bugs...

They happen most often at night (which is still light out at bed time during the summer) but does happen during the day sometimes too.

They usually last about 30 minutes to an hour after he's down, rarely do I see them much after that.

Just curious of thoughts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Back when my 5 were little we didn't have video monitors, just the type where you could hear the baby.

From time to time we heard more than that. Whispers, laughter, soothing sounds......

My ex was convinced that our monitor was just picking up sounds from another one nearby. Funny thing about that, we didn't have any British neighbors, but my late grandmother was from England.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
You put the baby to bed and wander around the room a bit and you are raising dust with your movements making drafts. Once it all settles down it will stop. Those little lenses focused on
the baby several feet away will exaggerate a dust particle that passes by, more so in low light. Perfectly normal to see "orb-like" dust on the baby monitor.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
You put the baby to bed and wander around the room a bit and you are raising dust with your movements making drafts. Once it all settles down it will stop. Those little lenses focused on
the baby several feet away will exaggerate a dust particle that passes by, more so in low light. Perfectly normal to see "orb-like" dust on the baby monitor.
Yeah, but like I said this happens for up to an hour after…long long after the “dust settles”…no ac and no fans in the room with baby settled for quite a while. They move at different speeds and different directions. It’s weird.

I’d really be interested if others have seen this. I want to believe its dust, but it does not act like any dust I’ve seen!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:58 AM

Here is an example of what I'm talking about...but we get a lot of them sometimes...not my video, but a good example

Flying Orbs, Mommy and Me - YouTube

Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
no, we only had the audible monitors with our kids

Strange things though ...once I thought I saw a shadow moving down the hallway...looked like some older person, hunched over, in a robe or dress, disappeared when it got to a closed door.
Few weeks later, I was in the office and heard someone walk up, out of the corner of my eye I could see my wife standing in the door, I said "I am almost done for the nite" and when I turned, no one was there.
BUT The worst was one night I was not able to sleep, I had the baby monitor on, and I heard what sounded like a female voice coming through the monitor and it said "Aw...you are such a cute little boy" I turned and realized my wife was sound asleep next to me. I bolted to the other end of the house, no one was there, my baby son was sleeping in his bed, I said Out loud "Whoever you are get out of my house and don't ever come back"
Never saw or heard anything after that. Not sure to this day what ahppened, I have become less prone to believe in ghosts or such, but someting did come theough the monitor that once.
(And at the time this wa a brand new house)

Old 06-05-2013, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 107,122 times
Have you had any more activity.? I was freaked out what I saw on my one boys monitor tonight.

Paul

Old 06-06-2013, 04:16 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
I posted around a year ago after having the same thing happen. I'd never had a monitor in their room, but after the twins started trying to climb out of their cribs I got a video monitor to make sure there were no acrobatics going on in there.

I was amazed and, at first, worried. There were so many orbs, both while they were awake and after they were asleep. This went on for the full two hours they were in for nap time, every day. After the first time, my husband and I turned on the camera and took turns raising dust in their room while the other one watched the monitor and we found there was quite a difference in the behavior of nap time orbs and dust orbs. The nap time orbs had independent movement - they moved up and down, went across the room and back, and approached the camera, hovered, then moved off. Dust orbs floated up towards the ceiling and stayed there. They also looked different. The nap time orbs were denser and brighter.

I never felt anything negative or threatening from the orb activity. It went on every day for about two weeks until one of the twins asked that the camera be taken out of the room. She's kind of a funny kid and very particular about what's in her room before she goes to sleep. She took a real dislike to the camera and refused to have it in there.

I'd say go with your gut feeling. If you feel there is something negative going on or the activity scares you, take the camera out and stick with audio monitoring.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:51 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,779,329 times
My wife told me a few weeks ago that our newborn on the monitor a white orb circled her body 3 times and we havnet seen anything since...

Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 AM

952 posts, read 2,633,152 times
this is why i sleep with my baby :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal