Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:17 PM

13,616 posts, read 10,022,774 times

Advertisements

Day or night makes no difference, I've experienced them in both, probably equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,688 times
Exclamation spirt or ghost? your choice.

I have a father n law, and a brother n law that passed away recently. The activity happens at night in the bathroom. Ther is 2 nightlights that go crazy. 1 that's solar and the other one regular. The one that is regular, goes on and off by itself. I'm not afraid, it's just spooks me out sometimes, some nights it's more often then others. I've taken pictures I have an orb of a face, or so it looks very much like one. I think some of them just want to communicate with us.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:36 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,289,908 times
The simple answer is that our perceptions are altered by darkness. Many, if not all ghost stories, are simply made up and are not true or are misperceptions of events. Darkness is a cloak that helps obscure the truth.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:25 PM

457 posts, read 693,627 times
I'm going to have to disagree with that statement based of first hand experiences.

For the record, I've experienced paranormal activity during the day and at night.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:13 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,647 times
The reason I have a hard time believing in ghost is because most of the things that happen, can have other explanations, or is left up to interpretation. For example, someone will say...I left my keys in the kitchen and later I found them on my nightstand. Or, I the bedroom door open and when I returned, it was closed, so there must be a ghost, etc.

So my question would be....why doesn't anyone ever see objects moving across the room by themselves in thin air? Why is it, they were moved , but no one saw them? Or, why doesn't the door open and close all by itself with you standing there watching the doorknob turn all by itself. Why doesn't a ghost pick up a pencil and write something on a piece of paper with the person standing right there?

It's like people who claim to have been miraculously healed. It's always something internal that can't be seen by the naked eye. It's never someone having a limb reappear, or sores magically removed, etc. you know what I mean? It seems like it's always something that is not blatantly right in your face, so as to leave no doubt.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:39 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,289,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
The reason I have a hard time believing in ghost is because most of the things that happen, can have other explanations, or is left up to interpretation. For example, someone will say...I left my keys in the kitchen and later I found them on my nightstand. Or, I the bedroom door open and when I returned, it was closed, so there must be a ghost, etc.

So my question would be....why doesn't anyone ever see objects moving across the room by themselves in thin air? Why is it, they were moved , but no one saw them? Or, why doesn't the door open and close all by itself with you standing there watching the doorknob turn all by itself. Why doesn't a ghost pick up a pencil and write something on a piece of paper with the person standing right there?

It's like people who claim to have been miraculously healed. It's always something internal that can't be seen by the naked eye. It's never someone having a limb reappear, or sores magically removed, etc. you know what I mean? It seems like it's always something that is not blatantly right in your face, so as to leave no doubt.
There is a difference between saying something is "supernatural" and saying that it is "unexplainable". Most of what is alleged to be supernatural are simply events for which an explanation cannot be found at this point. It doesn't mean that such an explanation does not exist, but simply because of either circumstances or lack of a complete knowledge of science, we can't really come up with an explanation at present. Some events which are undoubtedly the result of misperception will never be explained because we can't go back and duplicate what caused the misperception to occur. Other events will become explainable in the future as we learn more about the law of physics and science in general.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:34 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,465,817 times
They have day-time jobs like us living people!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:51 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
It's not that they haunt more at night, it's probably just that they're more likely to be noticed at night.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,666 times
People are more likely to see things that aren't there at night. There is no such thing as a ghost.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,967,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
In my experience, they are as active during the day as at night but I think we tend to notice them more at night because it is more quiet and there are fewer distractions. Another theory: if ghostly manifestations do have to do with dimensions/time-space, then perhaps the absence of light changes the vibrations or something and bodiless spirits can move around more easily.

Basing my beliefs, and knowledge on what I have researched over the years, the spirit world is always light.
There is no darkness, and for that matter, time does not exist.
To suggest that a spirit would decide to come back to earth at a given hour because it is dark is naive at best.
Then the question becomes, "why are they mostly present during the times when sections of the planet are in darkness"?
One should understand spirits are around us 24/7, and most people are not aware of this fact.
Those people who are experiencing spiritual behavior at late hours of the evening, are the same people who would not have the slightest indication that the same behavior is taking place 24/7.
Darkness has nothing to do with it.
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal