U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 AM

855 posts, read 1,144,650 times
Assuming someone has seen a ghost in the day or in the night... was it naked?

If we accept that human beings have a spirit, then where did the clothing get a spirit?

Ergo... a real ghost would be naked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 AM

11,124 posts, read 8,872,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post

If we accept that human beings have a spirit, then where did the clothing get a spirit?

Thats assuming a ghost is some form of physical energy floating around in the environment that is a "carbon copy" of a human body, which not a very logical assumption.

I don't think anyone sees a ghost physically in the environment with their normal senses.

I think it's information received and translated/interpreted by the brain directly and put into our mind's model of our perception. As it turns out, EVERYTHING is "in our heads"... because of our physiology we don't objectively view or experience anything in the first place.

So in other words, a ghost is technically a hallucination... albeit still with a unknown/supernatural source because the evidence shows multiple people regularly see basically the same ghost(s) over time and often even at the same time.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:02 PM

9,606 posts, read 6,035,772 times
Quote:

LOL....seriously--LOL!!!!

Spirits are able to appear to us in any form they choose; including the "clothing" they have on. They aren't bound by the same rules we are.
I've had my grandmother appear in a short white night gown.
My cousin appeared in a high necked,greenish/purple long night gown, etc...
One of my relatives had lost a leg due to diabetes but appeared to me with both legs intact.
just a few of the experiences I've had.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:09 PM

16 posts, read 9,801 times
That's the only time people seem to associate ghosts with, but they could be around during the day as well.... If they exist.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM

8,765 posts, read 14,304,801 times
I just thought I would throw that question out there, because most of the annoying ghostly things happen to me between 3-4am, usually starting around midnight or before, peaking at 3-4 then tapering off before 5am. Like it's the end of their shift or they have to get to their day job.

I have seen weird things during the day time like the time i was on my gazelle exerciser facing the living room. The kitchen is to the right..we have one of those big open floor plans I am not too fond of. One of my cats was on top of the entertainment center watching something invisible bouncing between the wall and her cat tower. I started watching her and looking where she was looking. The only way to describe it is: an invisible shape with a border around it. About the size of a football. Couldn't tell what it was, but it was interesting. This "invisible" thing jumped around for awhile, jumped onto the cat tower, did a few flips in the air, and flew towards the kitchen really fast and vanished.
My cat looked really bewildered about the whole thing and I felt the same way. We both resumed what we were doing before it happened. I finished my workout, and she lay down to nap.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM

16 posts, read 9,801 times
Pink, I believe that if it doesn't feel threatening or scary to you, then it must be friendly, not the way modern society has portrayed them in movies....all crazy and sadistic like.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:39 PM

4,487 posts, read 2,177,155 times
Quote:

They're only butt naked if they want to be.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 PM

7,022 posts, read 9,319,120 times
No -- ghosts are always around, but during the day the slight knocks and movements that happen can be so easily explained away. At night, things are quiet and people are sleeping, and all the things they do are more audible and noticeable -- if you're watching.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 AM

10,493 posts, read 8,176,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I just thought I would throw that question out there, because most of the annoying ghostly things happen to me between 3-4am, usually starting around midnight or before, peaking at 3-4 then tapering off before 5am. Like it's the end of their shift or they have to get to their day job.

I have seen weird things during the day time like the time i was on my gazelle exerciser facing the living room. The kitchen is to the right..we have one of those big open floor plans I am not too fond of. One of my cats was on top of the entertainment center watching something invisible bouncing between the wall and her cat tower. I started watching her and looking where she was looking. The only way to describe it is: an invisible shape with a border around it. About the size of a football. Couldn't tell what it was, but it was interesting. This "invisible" thing jumped around for awhile, jumped onto the cat tower, did a few flips in the air, and flew towards the kitchen really fast and vanished.
My cat looked really bewildered about the whole thing and I felt the same way. We both resumed what we were doing before it happened. I finished my workout, and she lay down to nap.

Interesting. I happen to agree that most activity - or more happens at night, and specifically at the hours you mentioned but you bring up a good point.

Your being on the exorcizer kept you in one place with one point of view for a protracted period of time. Even though you were moving, your vantage point remained constant.This enabled you to see things in a way that you ordinarily would not have.

Almost as though a video camera had been placed in one location. You noticed your cat, and subsequently; the invisible "thing."

Doing regular daytime things such as cleaning up the kitchen while chatting on the phone, getting dressed, getting your things together to leave the house, coming back into the house to put things away etc. we are constantly moving, and frequently, mufti-tasking, which leads to distraction.

Exercise gives us an almost zen like focus. It's not surprising that you were able to see that. ...whatever it was.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 PM

9,666 posts, read 4,546,789 times
Oh I've seen things during the day...it's just as unsettling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal