Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
none of the spirits I've encountered appeared as shadows;but more as bright light figures
I never see them as shadows either. They look very solid, but I bet if I were to try and touch one, my hand may go right through them or they will just poof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
What do ghosts do all day? When I ask that, I'm especially referring to the ones who have been "haunting" places for hundreds of years. Is it still the year it was when they died? It must get awfully boring. Maybe that's why they like to scare people?!
You know what? When or if I ever become a ghost, I don't want to haunt my old home all day/night unless it's a nice castle or a mega mansion. I want to go out and play tricks on people. Tickle them, taunt them. Why be boring and repeat actions forever when there are more fun things to do?

Old 05-19-2012, 03:48 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
so then how would you explain my relatives appearing and speaking to me?

Peduncular hallucinosis: Commonly occurs in the evening hours or at night. Such persons are fully conscious and interact with hallucinatory characters for extended periods of time.

Psychologically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I think the reason why it's most often reported or noticed at night is because of what's going on in the daytime. TVs left on loudly, busy with cooking and or cleaning, and other loud activity in the house makes it hard to hear soft noises. Lots of light within the home in the daytime makes it so that you don't see such ghostly shadows. Another thing is many noises and shadows seen are explainable and night time is the time they occur. Thermal contraction of the home can cause popping or knocking sounds from windows, walls, and ceiling. Vehicles or people passing outside the home can cause moving shadows to be seen inside the home. I do believe ghost are possible and have experienced my share of stuff on my first ship (USS Iwo Jima LPH-2), but I always look for logical reasons before jumping to ghost.
Those are also very valid possibilities.

Agreeing..

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Why be boring and repeat actions forever when there are more fun things to do?
It may be insignificant and boring to you, but might have been very important to them.

Mundanely...

Mircea

Old 05-19-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It may be insignificant and boring to you, but might have been very important to them.

Mundanely...

Mircea
LOL, I can't ever win, can I? Besides, I am mostly always joking! Except for when I am serious.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
no its 24/7 but at night things get quiet we get quiet and we are able to pick up on things better.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:56 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Peduncular hallucinosis: Commonly occurs in the evening hours or at night. Such persons are fully conscious and interact with hallucinatory characters for extended periods of time.

Psychologically...

Mircea

Those are also very valid possibilities.

Agreeing..

Mircea

Mundanely...

Mircea

no, I don't agree with your Peduncular hallucinosis theory. And honestly I'm quite confused,but not hallucinating, in regards to your stance,Mircea. You teeter back and forth between skeptic and believer.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:05 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
You know what? When or if I ever become a ghost, I don't want to haunt my old home all day/night unless it's a nice castle or a mega mansion. I want to go out and play tricks on people. Tickle them, taunt them. Why be boring and repeat actions forever when there are more fun things to do?

I've fantasized that if I became a ghost, I'd haunt the law firm where I worked for ten years, and terrorize the lawyers who laid me off - in broad daylight. I'd hide important files, wreak havoc (poltergeist style), and scare off all their clients. At night, I'd thoroughly trash the place. Of course, I hope I DON'T die anytime soon...

Old 05-20-2012, 01:10 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
All of my ghostly experiences have happened during the day, though I've never actually SEEN a ghost.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
LOL @ Mrs S.....
I'd be a ghost hanging out with my kids....still helping them as I do now.

As far as teetering on a stance....nothing wrong with that. It's how it all gets figured out.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:59 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
LOL, I can't ever win, can I? Besides, I am mostly always joking! Except for when I am serious.
When you're under stress, don't you have a "go to thing?"

Maybe you pace round and round in the living room, or walk around your home again and again, maybe you walk into each room and open and close all the closet doors and drawers and cabinets, maybe you fix a spot of tea and sit at the table in the kitchen, maybe you bang on the walls, maybe you throw things around.....

So those people were under great stress in the last few hours/moments of their life, and might have done things that they were accustomed to doing to settle themselves down....or perhaps work themselves into a frenzy.

An apparition that appeared frequently was President Jefferson Davis of the CSA, who while imprisoned at a military base, like to walk up and down a particular pier (which still stands to this day).

I don't pretend to have all the answers, I'm just throwing things out there, but it seems reasonable to me.

Eerily...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal