U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 PM

5,713 posts, read 6,494,317 times

Advertisements

I have no idea if Bigfoot exists or not. There are so many sightings. I am sure many of them are hoaxes, misinterpretation, imagination. But even if ONE is true, it changes the whole story. One in a million.
But, we can say that if such creature exists, it is not vicious or aggressive. Thousands of people claim seeing it, yet nobody was seriously hurt or killed. If these creatures were aggressive, they could easily kill thousands of people. They know people are around, long before humans are aware of the bigfoot. Its possible these creature are gentle and curious about us. In a few cases, they threw stones to chase away the human invaders. Other then that, they are scary looking, have loud voices and a bad odor...or are only a legend.

Last edited by oberon_1; 03-12-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 04:36 PM

12,202 posts, read 11,549,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I camped many times in supposed BigFoot hotspots, Oklahoma, Ozarks N Arkansas/Souther Miss, never saw a sasquatch, and never heard anything unexplained. This was hiking in miles at a time, far from towns or paved roads.

I remember a scary film as a kid, well it was scary when we were kids called Legend of Boggy Creek. now it has been more or less suggested as a hoax based on the "footprints" found in the area, but I always wondered, why no park Ranger ever saw the monster, and why no hunter ever shot it.... Seems like backwoods hunters would have, and could have, easily bagged a bigfoot. (I guess they would have the foot and lower leg stuffed and hung in the trophy room as opposed to the head?) One hunter claims it walked right up to the bottom of the tree where he was sitting in a tree-blind hunting deer, said he was too scared to move.....Find it odd that the "Monster" did not get both barrells of federal game load or a couple of 30/30 slugs (depending on what the guy had) right there at close range.

AND Finally I had one first hand report of one in East Texas from an old friend, a very somber type not given to tall tales. He would not use the word "sasquatch" but only said that "I didn;t stick around to find out what that was and I am never going back"

I personally do not know anyone who would dress up in a monkey suit and walk into a hunting area trying to scare people, in fact most everyone I know would not even GO into a hunting zone for fear of being hit by a stray bullet

Now I am not advocating someone go out and shoot at anything or anyone in the gorilla suit, but I just find it odd that no one has already.......

Do you know what happened while you were asleep? Of Course you don't.

Many Park Rangers and cops have seen them.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 AM

When camping i always do a circle around my camp to see if i strike a trail or find a spot where something has stood and observed camp. I have never read anyone that said they camped here and there and nothing ever happened or was seen and then say they circle their camp in the morning.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:52 AM

2,086 posts, read 1,737,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The offer is open to you as well.put up or shut up! The only way to prove to you is to go there. I have made the offer.Are you man enough?

There are more of the critters in the south and southern mid west than in PW. MY WOODS ARE OKLAHOMA AND ARKANSAS.
Southeast Oklahoma has a lot of open land. I used to spend every summer with my aunt and uncle who lived outside of Poteau, Oklahoma (in the small town of Howe). I was never into reading or learning about Bigfoot back then, but from what I know of that whole portion of Oklahoma, there would be plenty hiding places for a Bigfoot (if one exists) out in those woods and highlands.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:56 PM

19,292 posts, read 25,891,075 times
maine is the most forested state over 93% trees

ive seen stuff over and over,,and kept it all to myself,, one fall day im walking/hunting in the woods and crash -bang, snap something is moving away snapping good sized pine trees, then hear some knocking,,(this was long before any shows, saying this is bf behavior) im thinking at first its a moose- a heavy animal- but trees were being snapped..
while curious, i had a high powered rifle in my hand,,,after walking upon the two trees that were snapped.. i had no idea what it was, or could be,,,i was startled,,,so i went in the other direction- whatever snapped those trees,,,could put a hurt on anyone- and it stunk so bad,,,im thinking whatever it was - was feeding on remains of something that died a while ago..

i never told anyone this,,,

thru the past few yrs im seeing all this stuff on youtube and on the bf shows, about tree snapping and knocking,,,
its got me thinking it may have been a b.f.
I was way out in rural maine

but again,,,i have told no one,,,because i wouldnt believe it if someone else told me (before this happened)

Old 04-19-2014, 01:10 PM

23,572 posts, read 24,754,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
maine is the most forested state over 93% trees

ive seen stuff over and over,,and kept it all to myself,, one fall day im walking/hunting in the woods and crash -bang, snap something is moving away snapping good sized pine trees, then hear some knocking,,(this was long before any shows, saying this is bf behavior) im thinking at first its a moose- a heavy animal- but trees were being snapped..
while curious, i had a high powered rifle in my hand,,,after walking upon the two trees that were snapped.. i had no idea what it was, or could be,,,i was startled,,,so i went in the other direction- whatever snapped those trees,,,could put a hurt on anyone- and it stunk so bad,,,im thinking whatever it was - was feeding on remains of something that died a while ago..

i never told anyone this,,,

thru the past few yrs im seeing all this stuff on youtube and on the bf shows, about tree snapping and knocking,,,
its got me thinking it may have been a b.f.
I was way out in rural maine

but again,,,i have told no one,,,because i wouldnt believe it if someone else told me (before this happened)
Yikes! oh...if only you could have chased it down and caught it then....instead we'll go on wondering, until someone else can catch up on another one.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:41 PM

19,292 posts, read 25,891,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Yikes! oh...if only you could have chased it down and caught it then....instead we'll go on wondering, until someone else can catch up on another one.
if i ever saw a creature like that, id like to think id be a brave guy, but i would run like a scared rabbit..
even if i had a camera...would i be there taking pictures?? id like to think i could get a good picture or video, but if it was growling at me,,coming my way- im out of there,,,

ive had a moose come up on our tent while camping overnight,,,, and hear the heavy breathing,,,and im freaking out ,,,thinking im gonna be bear food like treadwell-the grizzly man

now in my car on the road,,,im quite a bit braver...lol

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,487,891 times
All I can say is this.
I am an old man.
I have heard many things in the quiet forest at night that wonder me.
I have been spooked many times,
I camped a lot as a young man and still camp at least twice a month year round in the center of PNW bigfoot activity.
I am also savvy tech wise (I am a retired double degreed Mech/EE engineer) and have installed IR cameas and surveilence equipment on my camper, and have mobile eqiupment I can can pack and hike in to remote areas.

Since starting that years ago, I have never ever had any evidence of "bigfoot".
Owls and cougars, deer and elk, yes.
Anything unexplainable--A big resounding NO.

I still want to believe (the deep woods can be spooky and are full of legends==Look at my profile picture), but my own decades old hard evidence tells me no.
I don't mean to brag, but I am a fourth generation Oregon woodsman, and you could throw me out in the woods naked with nothing, anytime, anywhere, and pick me up the following month healthier and happier that when you left me.

Most of the "outdoorsmen" in my family could do the same, and nobody, absolutely nobody, has ever had any kind of bigfoot experience other than campfire stories meant to scare the greenhorns out of their wits.

IMHO, after 60 years in the Oregon backwoods, It's all human imagination. Nothing else.
Sorry.

I can't expalin the witness reports, but I don't know those people or their wants and agendas.

All I know that is for me, an old, wisened, and experienced PNW woodsman, it's all pure 100% Bulllshhhhitt-t.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 04-24-2014 at 10:32 PM..

Old 04-25-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I like the picture, but why is "without a teleprompter" so important? Politics & OT forum is the other way.

I think that picture Versatile posted of the eye in the bush looks more like a mountain lion eye than a bear eye.
The picture is of a BF.Not a bear.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The flawed argument is that bigfoot believers continue the circular argument that it exists, but bigfoot is so smart and rare, it is impossible to prove it exists, thus resorting to the fallacy argument that the beleivers do not need to prove bigfoot exists, but non-believers must prove bigfoot does not exist.

There is no evidence at all, nothing, that shows bigfoot exists. Any argument against bigfoot's existence is met with unsupported theories and fallacy arguments. There is no hair, bones, blood, teeth; nothing.
There is plenty of hair been found. An DNA tests on anything come back as unknown primate. There are a very few testing labs that have a license to test anything in regards to a primate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal