U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 09:45 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,518,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Apparently you know nothing at all about the area.(arm chair researcher most likely) You fail to take in account the Ouchita Forest that is in OK and Arkansas. Many thousands of acres. Like i said i am not trying to convince anything at all. You want us take take your word about how much hiking you have done but you have a different set of rules you are trying to impose on me. There is a heck of a lot of forest in OK and Arkansas.Seems to me you are making up stuff to try and lok like you know what is going on. You are fooling only yourself.
No need for me to reply to a time waster.
These creatures don't have to live in a remote forest area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,136 times
I live in "bigfoot country" and I've never seen a strange giant ape in the woods here. Also have never seen any evidence of such a creature. I haven't even seen a bear out here and we love spending time deep in the woods!

However, about fifteen years ago, two friends and I (who were 100% sober at the time), did spot something very strange near the Redwoods. It basically looked like a giant ghost-like elephant-thing. It was white-ish. But definitely not fog. So, my friend went to grab her binoculars in her house down the street, so we could get a better look. She came running to us and we viewed the creature/thingy through the binoculars. It appeared to clearly have 4 legs and was moving gracefully, more graceful than I'd expect an elephant to move. Also, it was incredibly huge. It was moving slowly. Anyway, apparently there are giant ghostly white mastodons / wooly mammoths (?) down near the Redwood forests, but not any Sasquatches. At least not that I've seen!

But I've never seen anything like it since. I've never had hallucinations or anything crazy like that.

The closest thing to a Sasquatch that I've seen, is my husband.

Fun post!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:23 AM

32,837 posts, read 18,628,375 times
Woodland1109, good post. Especially the part about your husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Fourteen thousand acres is still not a large area at all; you definitely do not have a concept of what a remote area, let alone an area that is large enough to contain a reproductive mammal species the size of bigfoot, which would require a minimum number of species to ensure survival.
I thought Versaitle stated 14K acres of forest area was for one county, McCurtain County which is in southeastern Oklahoma. The southeastern portion of OK is forested. So there is NOT just 14K acres of forest land in Oklahoma.

There are reports of bigfoot in central Oklahoma which is not heavily forested nor remote.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Woodland1109, good post. Especially the part about your husband.

I thought Versaitle stated 14K acres of forest area was for one county, McCurtain County which is in southeastern Oklahoma. The southeastern portion of OK is forested. So there is NOT just 14K acres of forest land in Oklahoma.

There are reports of bigfoot in central Oklahoma which is not heavily forested nor remote.
http://exploresouthernhistory.com/ouachita1.html

The spectacular Ouachita Mountains of
Arkansas and Oklahoma are the tallest
mountains between the Appalachians and
the Rockies. They rise near Hot Springs,
Arkansas and stretch far across the border

Kiamichi Mts.

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/e...s/K/KI002.html

Southeastern Oklahoma is known for its scenery, and one of its most picturesque areas is the Kiamichi Mountains, located primarily in Pushmataha, McCurtain, and LeFlore counties. With elevations reaching 2,500 feet above sea level, this range lies in a frontal belt of the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas and Oklahoma. The Kiamichi River, the mountains' major water system, flows through the range's northern edge. Clayton Lake serves as the nearest dominant water surface. The mountains are surrounded by a geological formation referred to as the Kiamichi Formation.
into eastern Oklahoma.

Thanks. I think people that have never been in SE Oklahoma and western Arkansas just cannot fathom what is actually there. There are many gravel roads or lanes that wind around etc(they don't gravel them at all they scrape away the rocks when they are made). There are areas that you find a road with a small tree down across it and the tree has lain there so long it is rotten. This means that no one has driven past that point from when the tree went down. There old roads or logging roads from the 20's that are barely discernible and going off down into a area that has hardwoods in it and will never be logged again. These lanes narrow with over hanging limbs that a full size vehicle cannot go down them let alone in a truck with any kind of lift kit on it. There is really no need to go in there unless hunting etc and that is very few. Were i to be alone at dark in one of these areas i would be very apprehensive. A few year ago i thought about going back in there by myself and camping. Two guys from Tx warned me not to do it. I took their advice.

These Mountains have very steep sides often about a 60 degree slope. Bring your brush pants because you will be wading through thousands of Black Berry bushes.

So many or most of all hikers that camp and say they never heard or saw anything do not make a few circles around their camp to see if you can find a spot that you could be observed but not seen doing it.

Last edited by Versatile; 12-04-2014 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: To add the Mountain links.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:40 AM

17,801 posts, read 14,091,797 times
Quote:
These Mountains have very steep sides often about a 60 degree slope. Bring your brush pants because you will be wading through thousands of Black Berry bushes.

So many or most of all hikers that camp and say they never heard or saw anything do not make a few circles around their camp to see if you can find a spot that you could be observed but not seen doing it.
Rough terrain does not make a bigfoot. I used to hunt grouse and they love rough terrain. I have pushed my body through places that many would not think to venture. Grouse love briars, huckleberries, thick laurel and miserable terrain. Many times you have to just crawl through that kind of terrain. Bears seem to go through that pretty easy - but they are not trying to walk on two feet. If your mythical creatures did exist; they would not choose this area - they would also leave physical evidence of their presence. There is also a good chance of loosing an eye going through briars.

You talk about evidence - but you have not produced any evidence. Possibilities and theories do not make a bigfoot. The best picture I have ever seen of your bigfoot is the three legged bear YouTube video.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Rough terrain does not make a bigfoot. I used to hunt grouse and they love rough terrain. I have pushed my body through places that many would not think to venture. Grouse love briars, huckleberries, thick laurel and miserable terrain. Many times you have to just crawl through that kind of terrain. Bears seem to go through that pretty easy - but they are not trying to walk on two feet. If your mythical creatures did exist; they would not choose this area - they would also leave physical evidence of their presence. There is also a good chance of loosing an eye going through briars.

You talk about evidence - but you have not produced any evidence. Possibilities and theories do not make a bigfoot. The best picture I have ever seen of your bigfoot is the three legged bear YouTube video.
You are getting confused. I was describing what these Mts are like. Believe what you want ;doesn't matter to me at all.

How is it that you know more than anyone else?

Why do you think they wouldn't choose these areas? You also seem to think that these creatures always walk up right. They don't; they very often move on all fours.

If your mythical creatures did exist; they would not choose this area - they would also leave physical evidence of their presence. There is also a good chance of loosing an eye going through briars.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Why do you think they wouldn't choose these areas? You also seem to think that these creatures always walk up right. They don't; they very often move on all fours.
Documentation? Pictures? Proof? Or; just more speculation?

Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Documentation? Pictures? Proof? Or; just more speculation?

Not speculation at all. I have posted a few pictures in the past. Why would i want to show you anything? I don't owe you anything at all. You just want something to refute.

Why would you think you would see a BF while you are out walking around with a gun?

Old 12-05-2014, 10:26 AM

29,159 posts, read 28,200,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Which brings back memories of a film which scared us as kids and sparked my interest in myths and monsters.
The Legend of Boggy Creek - Full Official Movie - Great Quality Film - YouTube

*Forward to 1:22:45 and listen to the dialogue about a desire to know "that there is still some wilderness left"
I saw that movie at a drive-in. Great date flick.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Not speculation at all. I have posted a few pictures in the past. Why would i want to show you anything? I don't owe you anything at all. You just want something to refute.

Why would you think you would see a BF while you are out walking around with a gun?
Any picture of foliage, with a dark shadow behind it, isn't a picture of BF. We have great trail cameras today. Almost everybody carries a cellphone that is capable of taking pictures. There is no reason why you cannot have one clear picture - except that there is no BF.

As far as BF smart enough that it does not expose itself to hunters: Hunters find all sorts of things in our woods. There would be no reason that they would not find BF; if it did exist. That does not mean that they would shoot one; just because they are carrying a weapon. I don't think our license covers BF!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal