Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:46 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I seriously doubt he has done one backpacking trip, his reference to "shooting guns off" and "radio blaring" is too strange to picture except from someone that gets his ideas of camping from a TV show or something. Obviously if he had he would understand that weight concerns would prohibit carrying anything larger that an MP3 player and certainly not a weapon (maybe bear spray) unless it was in Alaska. I asked him to bring his bigfoot ideas out in his local REI, filled with serious hardcore hikers...the guys that cover 20 miles a day for days on end in some serious backcountry hiking, with nothing but a 50 pound backpack...he never answered.

I've never had a problem in the backcountry in bear country. I have had problems in developed (car and trailer type) camping areas where bears are used to looking in the trash bins for treats. In Alaska's Denali the park rangers actually gave us a heavy duty round containers to store your food (away from your camp) as you sleep. In the black bear areas of the Smokies I hang my food and cooking utensils from trees in my sleeping bag wrap, away from camp. I guess it also discourages bigfoot from visiting. I never feared bears, I've camped in wild Buffalo land and feared them stepping on my while I slept. I fear skunks and racoons. I sleep under the stars if the weather is right, woke up once to one chewing on my sleeping bag covered foot.
Good post. So many people are of the idea that i am out in the woods if a Bf were around i would have seen it. YEAH RIGHT! So many cannot accept the idea that there just might not be one in that area or they just didn't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 12:59 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree. Most animals are much more aware of human presence LONG BEFORE the humans are aware of animal presence.

I hear the "why have we not discovered a skeleton" question. I worked in northern Idaho on a forestry crew, on the sides of the mountains -not on hiking trails- all summer. We never saw a bear skeleton. Not one. Finding skeletal remains is not a good argument.
Your argument is flawed; there ARE bear skeltons, there are bears in zoos, there are bears that have been hunted, there are bears that people routinely take pictures of, and there have been bones of bears found. Maybe not by you, but by other people.

I have never found bones of a mastadon, that does not mean others have not.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Your argument is flawed; there ARE bear skeltons, there are bears in zoos, there are bears that have been hunted, there are bears that people routinely take pictures of, and there have been bones of bears found. Maybe not by you, but by other people.

Another person can say i have found a skeleton/took a picture of a Bf and i just haven't shown it to anyone outside my small circle of friends.

When you don't look then you will never find.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 AM

Russian BF?

Russian Yeti Hopping (Hopsquatch) - YouTube

MK Davis is well known.

M.K.Davis has more on the leaping Yeti video.wmv - YouTube

Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Look this picture over and tell me what you see. Don't see anything today except a Blobsquatch? Come back tomorrow and look again. I had to.

What do you see here?
Image Search Results for chimps foliage

Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Anyone who does not believe these animals exist should watch Series 5 Episode 1 of Destination Truth program. About 36 mins into the (torrent) video they find themselves in a cave deep in Vietnam where Katy, Ryder, and Dave find a huge footprint. Thats evidence.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:

My argument is not flawed. Pay attention. Focus!

I did not say there were no bear skeletons. I said over the summer we never saw one bear skeleton. Got it? We worked outdoors all summer in the Clearwater National Forest. Out doors all day, every day. Comprende?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:39 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:

excellent point and can not be disputed by a rational thinking person.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:05 PM

502 posts, read 895,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
If we don't hear back from any of the posters in this thread, now you know why:

Man killed while trying to create Bigfoot sighting - Yahoo! News
Love it - man dies while trying to pretend to be Bigfoot - while dressed like a tree.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:45 PM

149 posts, read 343,114 times
Red face I like your View!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Not an attempt to proove anything- just my own little experience.
I have lived in Bigfoot country, Northern California, not to far from Willow Creek. I've been in the area near 25 years. Bigfoot stories are not too common. But when there is one, it's from credible people, people who have lived in the area for many years and know the nature of their surroundings and the wildlife habits, many are hunters.
I have not personally encountered Bigfoot. But my daughter, brother in-law and our big dog encountered something very unusual and both say it could only be Bigfoot. We all went up to check on the spring and start the pump to fill the water tank for the upper house. While down at the tool shed, the three of them continued to the spring. At first they thought it was a bear. Common scenario for sightings, it's our first guess as to what something like that could be. When it took off running down the mountain, it ran on two legs and waved its arms to move branches out of the way. That's when they realized this is not a bear. The dog took off after it and my daughter followed. No sight of it after that.

While Bigfoot has its myth here in North America, other countries have thier myths too. Half a world away is the Yeti. While down in South America at the source of the Amazon river, my father found and took a castings of a large human like foot prints. He showed it to the local indigenous people and they has stories about a Bigfoot like creature.
My dad was a entomologist wanting to preserve the rainforest. It would not benefit him in anyway to lie about such a thing. And he never took it to any 'experts' or the media. I'm sure he was thinking heaven forbid they tear apart the jungle looking for this thing.
I think that they are out there- what they are and what they are doing I have not a clue. But everyone who has had some sort of encounter that I have talked to, is not seeking any attention or in want of the limelight.

I don't really see any reason for this to be some kind of fear thing with society. Never known anyone to be afraid of them. It's not like they are going around campground and peeking in windows and scratching on doors.
I enjoyed your post,and I feel the same.I belive there is something to these stories of Bigfoot.There are too many credible people that claim to have seen one.Years ago my husband and I while in a remote area saw without a doubt a U.F.O. without going into detail we know for sure what we saw and will never forget.There are many things that I belive are not ment to understand at this time,for unknown reasons.Live is full of mistery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal