U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 AM

430 posts, read 1,095,740 times

Advertisements

According to the bible, demons and ghosts are real. If you base your logic upon the chronology of the events demons have been here AFTER humans were upon the planet. So its impossible according to the bible, for ghosts and demons to be one and the same. Do I think they are real, um yeah but demon is a rather ambiguous name. I call them non human negative entities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 09:12 PM

2,879 posts, read 6,406,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Oh geez. I believe they are not demons. Demons are more of a movie type creature. I really do NOT believe in their existence. That is just my opinion. As for someone mocking my belief in ghosts, they already do. And I don't really care anymore, since I know what I have experienced.
Umm and people believe in demons because of their own experiences and/or religious beliefs. How is that any different from your own beliefs? Furthermore, do you disbelieve everything that you haven't experienced or just things related to religions that you dislike?

Old 06-03-2012, 02:14 AM

10,353 posts, read 23,216,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
According to the bible, demons and ghosts are real. If you base your logic upon the chronology of the events demons have been here AFTER humans were upon the planet. So its impossible according to the bible, for ghosts and demons to be one and the same. Do I think they are real, um yeah but demon is a rather ambiguous name. I call them non human negative entities.
I have never in my life seen a demon, so to me, they are not real. To someone else, maybe they are. Show me proof. You know, there is a site somewhere, where a guy is going to give someone a million dollars if they can show proof that ghosts exist, or the afterlife, plus other weird paranormal themed things.
The only problem with his site, if you cannot show proof, they do not let you sign on to their forum. If you do sign up, they delete you.
I can't recall the name of it right now, but if you do a search, you may find it.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I have never in my life seen a demon, so to me, they are not real. To someone else, maybe they are. Show me proof. You know, there is a site somewhere, where a guy is going to give someone a million dollars if they can show proof that ghosts exist, or the afterlife, plus other weird paranormal themed things.
The only problem with his site, if you cannot show proof, they do not let you sign on to their forum. If you do sign up, they delete you.
I can't recall the name of it right now, but if you do a search, you may find it.
Well, you can't know for sure if you haven't seen a demon (after all, they would be unlikely to reveal themselves as evil..)

The same can be said to Christians -that we can't be sure that spiritual entities are not really ghosts. People of all faiths can be judgemental though, but people usually just assume it's the Christians being so and not Wiccans, New Age people, etc.

That does sound like an interesting site. The reality is none of us have the type of proof that could convince the world so we should respect each others' beliefs. Deal?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:06 PM

1,075 posts, read 870,311 times
Quote:
Ghosts are definitely not demons. I believe that demons were made up by some religious people to keep their flock under control. It makes for great movies for sure.
While I do not believe that ghosts are demons... I do believe that demons are all too real. There are evil things in the paranormal world, just as there are evil people in this world. Without the dark we would not be able to see the light. Yin & yang and all that jazz.

I'm not too afraid of demons though becuase although I do believe they exist, I don't think they are common!

Old 06-04-2012, 07:11 PM

1,075 posts, read 870,311 times
Quote:
Yea, that guy is as much a fraud as the poeple he usually "tests". Just because we humans haven't figured out a way to "Prove" spiritual entities exist, does not mean they don't exist... it only proves we are limited in our understanding and technologies.

I have had experiences with many types of creatures, none of which would fall into the category of demon or ghost.. but they were real. I wasn't the only one who could "see" them and I wasn't the only one who dealt with them. Some of these creatures were good and nice and some were bad and mean. One threw my baby off the couch when he was taking a nap! Nearly threw him 3 feet away from the couch. It was insane! But it wasn't a devil or demon, but it wasn't nice either!

Old 06-04-2012, 07:48 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,158,545 times
Quote:
Oh geez. I believe they are not demons. Demons are more of a movie type creature. I really do NOT believe in their existence. That is just my opinion. As for someone mocking my belief in ghosts, they already do. And I don't really care anymore, since I know what I have experienced.
And what is it that you've experienced.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM

7,798 posts, read 4,094,443 times
Default What if ......

MarvelCapcom was a demon. I mean, not another poster here on City-Data, buta demon? What would we do?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,406,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
MarvelCapcom was a demon. I mean, not another poster here on City-Data, buta demon? What would we do?
Who knows...Satan might be trolling forums as we speak.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Some of these creatures were good and nice and some were bad and mean. One threw my baby off the couch when he was taking a nap! Nearly threw him 3 feet away from the couch. It was insane! But it wasn't a devil or demon, but it wasn't nice either!
Can you describe the creature and its actions in more detail? I've never heard of anything like this, and I listen to plenty of "alternative" media on my long drives to visit family.

Also, since you believe in demons AND "not nice" creatures, what is the dividing line for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal