U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 PM

7,888 posts, read 4,169,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Who knows...Satan might be trolling forums as we speak.
Perhaps he is.

I have had quite a number of communications with those passed on. When I told this to a visiting Jehovah's Witness (they do not believe in this form of communication, it is definitely evil) she said And how do you know they aren't Satan's minions?

I said How do I know you are not?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 AM

4,004 posts, read 5,679,486 times
LOL@ Satan's minions.

I can't believe people actually waste time thinking about this stuff.

Aren't there enough problems in this world without worrying about the next?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 AM

3,284 posts, read 4,446,986 times
I think there are garden variety ghosts roaming the Earth.

Dead people who haven't moved on, dead people who come back around to check on loved ones, demons, angels, entities that were never human.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 AM

16,434 posts, read 20,302,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelCapcom View Post
not spirits of the people who actually died but demons who prey on those vulnerable to play with their beliefs of the afterlife,
Consider this: when Jesus walked on the sea toward the disciples in the boat, they were frightened because they thought He was a ghost. He said only "I am not a ghost". That he said no more than that tells us some things, one of which is that ghosts do exist. If ghosts were demons, I believe He would have said more than just "I am not a ghost".

Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 AM

1,075 posts, read 875,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Can you describe the creature and its actions in more detail? I've never heard of anything like this, and I listen to plenty of "alternative" media on my long drives to visit family.
They were little shadow entities. Our cat, at the time, would chase them and try to eat them. They had the feeling of trolls.. little creatures that were just mean. This will sound kinda crazy, but there was some sort of portal in the apartment where we were living at the time that they would come in and out of and do things. Things like hiding keys, moving objects and they REALLY didn't like my youngest son. They threw him off the couch, scratched him up, and things like that. I knew it was them and not someone else doing it because I saw it all happen. Scratches would appear on his arm or leg when no one was around him and he would start crying. He was less than a year old at the time. I ended up having to create a pyschic wall around our apartment and I had to keep it up consciously every night reinforcing it before I went to bed to get them to stop. We moved out of there not long after he was thrown off the couch though.

Quote:
Also, since you believe in demons AND "not nice" creatures, what is the dividing line for you?
Well, the dividing line for me I think would be where they come from and their nature. I'm pagan, but I do believe in hell/the underworld, and think that there are intrinsically evil creatures that I would call demons. Whereas these little creatures that were just mean, I don't know where they came from, but I didn't think they were evil really, just maybe didn't like us being in their space. Kinda like I don't think bees are evil but if you get in their way they will sting you. Does that make sense?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,753,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
MarvelCapcom was a demon. I mean, not another poster here on City-Data, buta demon? What would we do?
I suppose that would depend on how well behaved he is.

This is an equal opportunity forum.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,753,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
They were little shadow entities. Our cat, at the time, would chase them and try to eat them. They had the feeling of trolls.. little creatures that were just mean. This will sound kinda crazy, but there was some sort of portal in the apartment where we were living at the time that they would come in and out of and do things. Things like hiding keys, moving objects and they REALLY didn't like my youngest son. They threw him off the couch, scratched him up, and things like that. I knew it was them and not someone else doing it because I saw it all happen. Scratches would appear on his arm or leg when no one was around him and he would start crying. He was less than a year old at the time. I ended up having to create a pyschic wall around our apartment and I had to keep it up consciously every night reinforcing it before I went to bed to get them to stop. We moved out of there not long after he was thrown off the couch though.

Well, the dividing line for me I think would be where they come from and their nature. I'm pagan, but I do believe in hell/the underworld, and think that there are intrinsically evil creatures that I would call demons. Whereas these little creatures that were just mean, I don't know where they came from, but I didn't think they were evil really, just maybe didn't like us being in their space. Kinda like I don't think bees are evil but if you get in their way they will sting you. Does that make sense?
Actually, your analogy makes perfect sense.

It like with any indigenous species, we move in and displace them, they get a little cranky about it. Some, we manage a semblance of harmony with, and with others it's war.

Can't really blame them, they were here long before we were.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 AM

1,075 posts, read 875,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Actually, your analogy makes perfect sense.

It like with any indigenous species, we move in and displace them, they get a little cranky about it. Some, we manage a semblance of harmony with, and with others it's war.

Can't really blame them, they were here long before we were.
Exactly! I think we humans forget that there are more things in our world besides the physical and they can and do interact with us. There aren't just demons, angels and ghosts, but much more that maybe we don't even have names for...although I think most of our ancient mythology had names for all these creatures, we're just not as well versed in our modern world.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:35 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,794,474 times
I think Wyndsong conveys its best.
There are LOTS of different types of spirits and unseen entities floating about.
Some are nice, some are mean and some are just down right evil.
If I was to call anything a demon it would be the evil entity.
Remove the religious from the word and it's meaning and all we have is an evil spirit.
Those, it, indeed exist but are quite rare. And I don't believe that this energy has any form. It's just energy.
While annoying as they can be, those little malicious buggers are not demons, they have form...although not entirely in our dimension.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:13 PM

11,830 posts, read 8,242,194 times
What would be the point of pretending to be a ghost, especially if it's the ghost of a cat, like one of mine?

I don't think a demon would back off if asked to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal