U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 AM

19,378 posts, read 17,488,305 times

Advertisements

I had a trio of bad dreams yesterday which is kind of unusual. I fell asleep listening to Soundscapes on cable TV, the music channel. Maybe that had something to do with it?
Anyway, the first dream was in old new england or more precisely somewhere around the Hudson River valley or Connecticut. I was in a village where people were getting murdered by a creature at night. At the end the school teacher turned out to be a werewolf and when confronted she revealed that she had infected my school age daughter with lycanthropy, what a downer. Then it was on to another dream where in modern day a group of friends and other interested people were exploring a paranormal area, an area of ponds and fens that was the sight of a revolutionary battle and massacre. It was said to be haunted and cursed. As we explored it a fog rolled in and one by one we began to disappear, not knowing if we were falling in and drowning or if something was moving around and taking us. In the end it wa sjust my brother and me and we stood back to back with guns drawn, waiting. Then something or somethings came for us.
Then it was on to the third dream, the one I remember best. My brother and I were hold up in a house and outside there thousands of birds flocking outside, on the ground in the trees, the air, everywhere. The whole neighborhood was swarming. Then they began to attack and I had to keep the garage door closed as they began to try to get in. At one point the door actually opened and I had to force it closed again, even though it was locked. I assured myself in the dream that they couldn't get in a locked door and they stopped battering it. Maybe that was semi lucid dreaming. Anyway I went upstairs and my deceased grandmother was there along with my brother( which I accepted her as living even though she said nothing and was just there in the background). Anyway I thought this was very odd that the garage door would open by itself and I looked out the window. There in the church parking lot across the street were hundreds of vultures which I took as a very bad sign. I had the impression that some force was guiding them and they were about to shatter the houses windows since they were larger birds. I prayed to God and said that if he was punishing us for being wicked, then he could certainly smite those vultures as well as they were on church property, on Holy Ground. Then I thought, fool, don't call yourself wicked and invite God's Wrath on anyone or anything, pray for salvation instead. So I did.
And then I woke up, which is why the dream was vivid in my memory.
Anyway, just some cool dreams and the last one had kind of a 2012 feel to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 AM

11,935 posts, read 20,389,525 times
For six months after my mother died, I stuffed my feelings down, and was having bad dreams about her. Not nightmares, but dreams that I can now see were because I wasn't dealing with my feelings at all. I would be somewhere (at my house, at the store, at her house -- all sorts of places) and she would be calling to me to come to her -- just normal. And I couldn't get to her. Things would just prevent me, like a tree would fall or someone would push a shopping cart in my way....

And she'd keep calling and I got more frustrated and then panicked.... and then wake up with a start. And say to myself, just a dream, go back to sleep.

Three months after Mom died, we tore down my mother's house. Just because it's the right thing to do, doesn't make it easy. Anyhow, about three months later, the dreams were becoming more frequent.

The last one, I was at the house, in the basement gameroom, cleaning. There were holes everywhere in the foundation. Holes in the floor above me and I heard Mom call for me. She was in her bedroom.

I started up the stairs and they crumbled. I tried the sliding glass door... wouldn't open. Wouldn't break. I tried to crawl through a few of the holes -- wouldn't fit. Finally I'm panicking again, and I go up the bannister hand over hand and just as I reach the top of the stairs the basement door slams shut and I can hear the lock turn, and the bannister flies off the wall.

I woke up, and sobbed. Hubby thought I was crying in my sleep, as I kept saying It's never gonna end, this is never gonna stop, this is my life now. I was hysterical -- and scared him senseless.

But I got the grief out and never had another dream....

Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 PM

3,748 posts, read 6,150,180 times
I would not say i have nightmares, only one dream I've had would I call a nightmare.
When my kids where young- I'd have dreams of losing them in a crowed.
One particular job I had, I'd have total chaos dreams, everything going wrong and crazy at work dreams. Work was not exactly like that, I liked it and I had an easier time of it than most. So I never quite understood the anxiety dreams. Maybe compensation or a reminder because of how easy it was for me?

My one nightmare was not cool. I was held hostage and the guy was mean of course. He twisted my wrists and kept me locked in a room. The room was nice though. At one point the door was left unlocked and I contemplated escape. It was the only dream I have had that woke me up and I was crying and had feelings of desperation and hopelessness. It was a little confussing because I've seen some bad times and I could understand how the dream would apply if it had been years prior. But now it does not make sense. I have not repressed my past. I pretty much deal with that stuff as it happens and get it out of the way.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:21 AM

9,957 posts, read 22,180,346 times
I used to have recurring nightmares when I was younger, from the 80's up to the early 2000's...with my Dad chasing me and trying to kill me. Most of the time it was him trying to kill me. Other times it was unknown assailants. I have found when people are chasing you and you have nowhere to hide that if you stand really still in a dream, they will run right past you. I figured out when I would do this, that i must be invisible.

If anyone is wondering why I would have dreams of my Dad trying to kill me, well, he was a mean drunk when he was alive, and I mean, MEAN. Enough said. It is interesting that the dreams stopped when he died in 2002.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:38 AM

14,810 posts, read 14,006,436 times
My worst dreams are usually back on the job (retired 10 years now--was a dialysis nurse for 28 years) and everything that can go wrong, is going wrong. The blood lines have gotten disconnected and blood is squirting out on the floor, the walls, everywhere; the patient's blood pressure is dropping fast and it's a medical emergency; every dialysis machine is beeping at the same time, etc. All of these things can happen and fast action is required. Finding myself back in the middle of all that, with one thing after another going wrong all at once is mostly the worst dreams I have these days.

I call these dreams "frustration dreams" and I wake up from them soooooo relieved to be retired and living a quiet, peaceful life in the boonies.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:24 AM

5,517 posts, read 9,015,420 times
I dont know. I often dream that I die, or am dying, I couldnt say which is the worst scenario, maybe when I dreamed I was in a plane crash the day before I was supposed to fly (Ive flown only a handful of times in my life).

Ive felt like for a long time Id probably end up dying early.

I think, the worst part of them all is, Im not really disturbed by the deaths, just the reactions of other people, and the impact on them in the dreams.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:34 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,012,136 times
I kept having a dream in High School where I was being uploaded(for the lack of a better term) to something or somewhere. This dream terrified me, just thinking about it scares me still.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 AM

18,677 posts, read 23,246,850 times
My worst dreams are of home invasions,before ther term was a word. I read "In Cold Blood" as a child, and later I was a child the summer of the Manson Murders.

I pray that these are not prophetic dreams because I've had them too.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 AM

18,677 posts, read 23,246,850 times
I also have many dreams of my long dead mother. She passed in my early 20s. She is usually silent and trying to help me but unable to do so.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:20 AM

10,538 posts, read 12,741,220 times
I once had a dream that my mother died when I was a pre-teen. I found out that it probably represented the normal maturing in our relationship. In other words, I was growing up and so an old part of our relationship had died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal