Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:00 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,382,198 times

Advertisements

Hey, y'all are so nice to me Maybe, at my age, everything is past experience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 03:18 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
If it were my dream, doors might represent opportunity, and since they were half painted, maybe only half of the opportunity had been pursued and more needed to be done. I would definitely pay attention to the message in the Tarot card . . .that is not random symbolism.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
O.K., I know I'm going to get jumped on for this, but here goes any way. I have found, without exception, that if I take the time to analyze my dreams, I find a connection to a past experience, or something I have read. It may be in the distant past, or yesterday. I do not believe they will predict the future. I'm a very old man and have been around the world of experience for a very long time and firmly believe dreams are a review of the past, not predictions of the future.

So, come on people. Jump on I can take it
Well for you I guess it's true. But not for everyone.
I have dreams that come true, they have nothing to do with the past. They can be intense and quite scary. I eventually figured out why they used to confuse me so much. All of the events would happen simultaneously, all at once. So when they did happen in real life, it was spread out in days and weeks, sometimes months later.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:00 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
If it were my dream, doors might represent opportunity, and since they were half painted, maybe only half of the opportunity had been pursued and more needed to be done. I would definitely pay attention to the message in the Tarot card . . .that is not random symbolism.
Yes , unfinished job like OwlkaMyst said. But I do feel powerless , like the yellow chakra she mentioned. My paint is pale yellow. A color I like a lot , though. The tarot card , I just don't know , I think the negative aspects apply more so than the positive

Last edited by maddog1; 06-03-2012 at 04:23 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Yellow also symbolizes creativity, happiness/joy, sun/sunshine, energy, etc.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
In my dream , I was in my house. In my living room on my sofa bed , where Ive been sleeping lately. I was with my best friend and he wanted to communicate what good advice I give , to forward a text I once sent him to my ex boyfriend. My best friend lives out of state. The thing that keeps bothering me about the dream are my doors. I have 2 in the living room , they were the same as real life location wise and all but they were half painted (the top half) a pale yellow color. The paint job was only half done on each door , very messy and uneven. I like the yellow color , btw. Anyone , seems it should be a simple interpretation but I can't get it. Thank you
I didn't read the other comments yet, but here's my stab in the dark, as I've had similar dreams too.

Your house is your subconscious mind. You (in your dream) are the aspect of your waking mind trying to communicate with your subconscious.

Your subconscious mind is telling you something about your relationships... that you generally like how things are, (hence, liking the "color") but you aren't totally satisfied with something (which is why it's half-painted and sloppy) in those relationships. You just need to figure out what that "something" is to resolve the problem.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I didn't read the other comments yet, but here's my stab in the dark, as I've had similar dreams too.

Your house is your subconscious mind. You (in your dream) are the aspect of your waking mind trying to communicate with your subconscious.

Your subconscious mind is telling you something about your relationships... that you generally like how things are, (hence, liking the "color") but you aren't totally satisfied with something (which is why it's half-painted and sloppy) in those relationships. You just need to figure out what that "something" is to resolve the problem.
Thank you. Yeah , I was only half happy when the two of us were together. (The ex) on the other hand , I love my best friend. He is like a brother. My mind is messy , Im sure. Thank you again

Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
O.K., I know I'm going to get jumped on for this, but here goes any way. I have found, without exception, that if I take the time to analyze my dreams, I find a connection to a past experience, or something I have read. It may be in the distant past, or yesterday. I do not believe they will predict the future. I'm a very old man and have been around the world of experience for a very long time and firmly believe dreams are a review of the past, not predictions of the future.

So, come on people. Jump on I can take it
I'm glad to see no one "jumped on you"! Dreams are different for every person. not everyone dreams of the future and some don't dream of just the past... My dreams are all over the map. Some are preparing me for the future, some predictive, some are going over things in my past and some are just garbage! Our minds and spirits work differently and everyone's experience is very unique to their own needs and personalities!

Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
The doors half painted and sloppy may represent your doubts.
While you feel your advice was sound, could there have been more to say? Or perhaps will they really understand it and take it to heart. Half painted doors is a job half done.
Yellow is the color of the solar plexus chakra, 'power' used with positivity and an assimilating experience.
The sending back of your text could be the friend seeks more advice (job not finished) or that it's a rejection or disregard of your advice.

I would not be overly concerned with this dream. It seems to me to be more of a dream to prepare you for the next encounter with this person.
Do you offer your thoughts and compassion if they reject your advice? What a waste of time, they are only seeking attention or justification for thier actions.
Or ...there is more you wanted to say and they want more.
This interpretation has a feeling of truth to it! I couldn't rep you again for it though!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:08 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Thanks....to ya both....I'm totally facinated by dream workings so I have done a bit of study about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal