U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:15 AM

157 posts, read 441,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I get this from time to time. Sometimes, I can actually predict and know what's going to happen within the next few seconds. It's really cool, weird and eerie all at the same time.
Ha! Yep...I've done this before as well! It makes me believe that history is just repeating itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 05:44 PM

212 posts, read 127,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly1996 View Post
Adding to strange feelings...ever looked at yourself in the mirror and feel as though you don't recognize yourself???

Yes, many times. I also get that spooky feeling of feeling strange in my own body. It's hard to describe, but that sense of confusion over how I inhabit this form and how it is possible that I am me. I know that doesn't make much sense, but this is something I have struggled to explain to others adequately.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:27 AM

25,368 posts, read 23,201,129 times
It just happened to me this week....but they usually come in dreams, dreams that are so real...and they come true....I have asked the people involved and they were literally shocked that I knew what I knew...and I describe it, b/c they are so vivid.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:46 AM

26,164 posts, read 14,413,673 times
Dreams are just different realities..... THE REALITY YOUR IN WHILE DREAMING IS REAL... When we are asleep,we are unlocked from the reality we are assigned to and can drift and explore other realities.......

Its interesting........

Old 04-28-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Dreams are just different realities..... THE REALITY YOUR IN WHILE DREAMING IS REAL... When we are asleep,we are unlocked from the reality we are assigned to and can drift and explore other realities.......

Its interesting........
If that is true, then can you explain to me, how one can dream a situation that happened, the place, the names of the people and you can see in the dream what is happening, describe the people to the person involved, and they tell you, it all happened....?????

And I cannot tell you how many times that has happened...

once I was driving home, it was a long drive....this was, oh say, 20 years ago....I was on a 4 lane highway and for an instant, maybe seconds, I looked down, at the underpass, which I was driving over, and saw in my mind a school bus burning and children screaming to get out....it happened while I was awake, driving home from work....when I got home, I literally fell into my husbands arms crying, b/c I saw those kids...screaming, burning....

The next morning at work, my phone rang, it was my husband, he asked if I had opened the paper, and I said "no". He said open it, and there before my eyes, the night before, in another state was the headlines....School Bus burns, children died....

I don't have to tell you how upset I was, so much so, I prayed earnestly for many nights after that, for God to take those premonitions away....our minister told me it was a gift.

That was no gift in my way of thinking. I never want to experience that again...and haven't, thank God.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 AM

320 posts, read 199,211 times
My Take.

#1 theory. Your eyes take in the stimuli, and as the neural message passes through the brain to the occipital lobe, it triggers other parts of the brain, either stimulating a similar memory or by the time your brain get the signal back from the occipital lobe, it is viewed as "old news"

#2 theory. Deja vu experiences are triggered via the collective unconsciousness, therefore, it's not really your memory but that of someone else, living or dead, who previously experienced it.

I like both, and believe its probably both

Old 04-28-2017, 12:36 PM

212 posts, read 127,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
My Take.

#1 theory. Your eyes take in the stimuli, and as the neural message passes through the brain to the occipital lobe, it triggers other parts of the brain, either stimulating a similar memory or by the time your brain get the signal back from the occipital lobe, it is viewed as "old news"

#2 theory. Deja vu experiences are triggered via the collective unconsciousness, therefore, it's not really your memory but that of someone else, living or dead, who previously experienced it.

Good ones!

I have heard the theory that it's a glitch or split-second time skip. In other words, you "time travel" forward a few seconds and then "catch up" and experience it again. This causes the sense of deja vu. I cannot remember where I heard this one.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 PM

5,513 posts, read 4,807,323 times
I believe Deja Vu depending on the occurrence, some of it just the Brain in some fashion having a memory or thought about a situation that is very similar. Either you thought about it, daydreamed, etc.
Then during rem sleep you had a dream which put you in the same situation same people and you didnt remember the dream but your brain did and made it appear as Deja Vu.

The line between Paranormal would be if your dreams are future sight, and your dreams are actually time slips into the future allowing you to see future events.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I believe Deja Vu depending on the occurrence, some of it just the Brain in some fashion having a memory or thought about a situation that is very similar. Either you thought about it, daydreamed, etc.
Then during rem sleep you had a dream which put you in the same situation same people and you didnt remember the dream but your brain did and made it appear as Deja Vu.

The line between Paranormal would be if your dreams are future sight, and your dreams are actually time slips into the future allowing you to see future events.

explain time slips please......

Old 04-29-2017, 11:40 AM

609 posts, read 328,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
My Take.

Yes, I seem to recall it being something to do with the eyes, although I vaguely
recall it being that one eye sees the event a split-second before the other eye
does and therefore the latter sees it as "been there done that" since the first
eye, technically, saw it before. Or something along those lines.

A non-scientific, 'woo' theory that I have falls into the combined categories of
'pre-birth-planning' and 'the world is the stage and we're the actors', and it's that
we rehearse our life story before incarnating into it, therefore it can be said that
we did experience these things at least once prior, during pre-birth 'rehearsal'.

-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal