U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 01:13 PM

4,032 posts, read 3,265,650 times

Advertisements

Likely it's a time lag in memory processing causes deja vu - kind of like when you get an echo in an audio recording:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0413113530.htm

I had them fairly frequently up to about the age of 12, and haven't had them since. This suggests something structural in the brain changed as my brain matured, resulting in a loss of the deja vu experience.

When I was 10-11 years old back in the 50s, I was visiting relatives and playing on the sidewalk -- and suddenly I had an intense deja vu experience in which I remembered having had the deja vu experience before in which I remembered -- it was like two mirrors facing each other, giving an infinite series of ever-smaller reflections. This says memory processing glitch like in the above article to me rather than something paranormal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 03:14 PM

5,513 posts, read 4,814,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
explain time slips please......

Time Slip would be your physical body can not travel in time, but in your mind, via sleep and meditation, energy can travel or see future events. If you happen to dream the future, and your brain retains that but only pulls that information together at the deja vu event. Or possible past events where time or experiences happened before in this life or another life and your brain makes a connection to something it believes happened before. Assuming this theory is more a paranormal explanation.

Or time itself is not linear and a circle and points connected for you to see and or be in a place where you already are.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:50 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
YES!

I'm familiar with genetic memories. Not sure that I would say that it's what causes déjà vu tho. The example given with dogs is a regular action, not a random feeling like deja vu.
Spinning could also be a learned behavior.

Genetic memories is what I attribute to my attitude towards religion.
My grandmother does genealogy and has traced her side of the family way back to the 10th or 11th century.
I come from several lines of religious rebels. Manly the Pilgrims and the French Hugeunots. They wanted to explore thier faith their way...just as I do.
See I view the dog circling differently and really do believe it is from Genetic memory but not from Deja vu.

Thousands of years ago, dogs, actually most animals who lived in the wild, had to lay upwind so that while they were sleeping, if a predator came near while they were sleeping their nose would pick up the scent, and they'd awaken.

So, to me, that would be different from Deja Vu....and would most certainly be a combination of Gene Memory and learned behavior from watching their mama's.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:54 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Time Slip would be your physical body can not travel in time, but in your mind, via sleep and meditation, energy can travel or see future events. If you happen to dream the future, and your brain retains that but only pulls that information together at the deja vu event. Or possible past events where time or experiences happened before in this life or another life and your brain makes a connection to something it believes happened before. Assuming this theory is more a paranormal explanation.

Or time itself is not linear and a circle and points connected for you to see and or be in a place where you already are.
hmmmmm, very interesting.....

I used to have these time slip dreams a lot when I was younger, not so much any more. But they were hugely and incredibly accurate and when I asked the persons that were involved, they'd be in shock.

One in particular, well, he actually cried b/c he couldn't believe what I was telling him...I had no way of knowing and he knew that....names, places, etc.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:18 PM

2,950 posts, read 3,190,447 times
I don't know what it is but I had an experience a few days ago while completing a mundane task. Just realized I'd experienced it before. Same visuals, sound, experience. I've had a few similar in my life but never really analyzed what causes it.

Last edited by HappyDogToday; 05-04-2017 at 09:27 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 09:39 PM

1,079 posts, read 433,757 times
I get flashes of it now and again, and often can't tell where a half 'remembered' dream journey ends and reality begins. It's a fascinating phenomenon, and one I'm keen to learn more about.

Besides being the first French phrase I encountered, the concept blew my ten year old mind when it was the subject of this wonderful song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDZJY8Amuvs

Old 07-01-2017, 02:30 PM

662 posts, read 226,352 times
I've always heard it was a spiritual checkpoint. It means everything is happening just as it should.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:20 AM

293 posts, read 637,956 times
I don't know if it's real or not.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM

I don't know if it's real or not.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:22 AM

That was weird...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal