Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
. . .
As another asside, That murderous dentist is out of jail after serving only 18 years and lives in my city. I met his sister at a party with a murder mystery theme.

She gave me the creeps...
You think maybe the sister had something to do with it? Or a case of incest?
I wonder how the guy can stay in the vicinity of his crime? Maybe very good old friends? Is he still a dentist? Guess not, the license would be revoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 05:43 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Joan Rivers had a segment on "Celebrity Ghost Stories" about that apartment. Anyone see it?
No, but I would have loved to.
I was not especially fond of Rivers years back when I was younger, but over time, hearing about her life, watching the petty callers sometimes try to abuse her on QVC, I have learned a new appreciation and respect for her. She's been through a lot and managed to stay civil and kind through all of it. And funny.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Found this picture the other day, thought it was funny, lol

Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Joan Rivers had a segment on "Celebrity Ghost Stories" about that apartment. Anyone see it?

I did! It was actually funny! Loved the part where the Louisiana High Priestess and Joan Rivers go apartment to apartment asking other residents if they had experienced any paranormal events!

The visual of some rich sleepy NYer opening their apartment door to find an aging comedienne and a practitioner of the occult in the get up she describes is hysterically funny.

Funnier still - they all let them in!

Last edited by sheena12; 06-15-2012 at 11:31 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You think maybe the sister had something to do with it? Or a case of incest?
I wonder how the guy can stay in the vicinity of his crime? Maybe very good old friends? Is he still a dentist? Guess not, the license would be revoked.

We think WAAAAY tooo much alike!!! It did cross my mind.

The family officially still believes that the murder was commuted by a drug addict!!!

This despite the fact that in order to be released from prison, he had to admit that the committed the crime and was sorry about it. They live near a river in Egypt

He is not a dentist any longer. In jail he earned brownie points for volunteering to train medical assistants at the women's prison.

One of the women he was interested in was his brothers wife! HIS wife's best friend. She actually helped crack the case. While technically not incest, lusting after your brother's wife is strande also.

More collateral damage - his brother killed himself in the wake of all of this.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 AM

7 posts, read 9,040 times
In Massachusetts, you need to divulge this. Any property that is "tainted" in any way needs to become public information. If the home was the site of a violent crime or is noted for any other negative activity, it is information that has to divulged to prospective buyers. How would you like have your new neighbors tell you that you're living in a former crack house? Could you sleep at night worrying about just who might show up?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:47 AM

So far we have three states - NY PA and MA. Any others?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
In NC you have to divulge a death if it was due to non-natural causes (i.e. a murder).

As far as "haunting" is concerned, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal