U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:14 PM

4,487 posts, read 2,421,511 times

Advertisements

This has happened to me as long as I can remember. I'll be driving down the road at night and street lights will start to go out.

If i'm in a good mood, it's just the occasional light, if i'm in a bad mood, lots of them. It doesn't just limit itself to street lights either. Lights around the house do the same thing. I've also gone thru 2 microwaves In 6 months.

Anybody else want to share their experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 10:37 PM

15,087 posts, read 9,196,841 times
It's happened to me, is it my aura or something mechanical?

I'll never know and don't spend a lot of time thinking about it.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 PM

4,487 posts, read 2,421,511 times
I don't obsess about it.

Just inviting a open minded discourse on the subject, and maybe a little speculation as to the cause.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 PM

25,286 posts, read 11,419,174 times
It happens to me too. But I don't give it much thought. And I didn't know it was called SLIder.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM

2,701 posts, read 2,014,632 times
Not saying this is the case in all 'light' events....
When driving, some lights will go out/flicker when driving past becaus they are triggered by lack of light. So when the headlights of a car are slightly misaligned, it will shine on the photo-sensor and this is what makes the light go out.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:38 PM

2,724 posts, read 2,274,944 times
This has always happened to me too, not only while driving but when walking as well.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:37 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,117,861 times
My Dad has never been able to have a wrist watch, the batteries or whatever die within days, he cant even ware a windup up it dies also. I can remember my mom saying it had something to do with his skin. I always thought it had to do with stress, if that makes sense.My Dad is and has always been very patient even if things were crazy around him,so I kind of wondered that was his way of dealing with stress on a subconcious level.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:48 AM

2,701 posts, read 2,014,632 times
My husband can't wear watches and keep them running either, kills the battery or 'breaks' them within days. He too deals with a certain stress as well (PTSD). But I don't think it's stress that causes it. I think it's must be related in someway to electric polarization or electro-magnetics. Some people's energy runs differently; a different direction of flow like a personal polarity? Or they have a stronger output? When I worked building electronics, I always wanted to play with the voltmeter on my hubs and see if he had any crazy currents, what ohms and such he had going on.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:46 AM

250 posts, read 284,191 times
hmm, interesting. If there is some sort of phenomenon of this nature, I wonder if it is inheritable. I had heard of something of this nature, but never heard the term "slider" though.
My father also can't wear watches, but he isn't an impatient man. Mechanical devices, especially computerized electronics, always malfunction around him.
It always happens around my brother too, but he takes it a step further and can sense when a computerized device is going to "malfunction" and will say it. He will also sense when it will start working again. But, unlike my father, he is pretty good at repairing computerized mechanics.
I don't sense anything, but I'm also good with electronics as well. My DH is always giving me the device that is malfunctioning to fix it, lol.
ETA: I forgot to add that mechanical devices seem to have the opposite response in my presence, they'll stop malfunctioning.

Last edited by YellowHorse; 07-30-2012 at 11:57 AM..

Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 PM

7,621 posts, read 8,157,487 times
This happens to my son, but not all of the time. It seems to happen for a period of time and then stop.

Last year when we were in the car together, I noted a street light that went out just ahead. He said that happened to him almost every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal