Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:57 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It's funny you mention that bond with certain members. My aunt Suzanne, who I am speaking of, and I were always close and even in age, but one time I was visiting as I did a lot and she was sitting at her computer and I just happened to notice her ankle. After so many years I do not know why I never noticed it before, but she had this white sploch birthmark that didn't tan which was exactly in the same spot, same shape, same color and same leg as my own. She is my father's sister and my dad doesn't have this mark and there were also six brothers and sisters and she and I are the only ones who have this mark. None of her children have it and neither do my cousins.
Twins in a past life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 04:07 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Twins in a past life?
Or one person in a past life

Old 08-09-2012, 04:43 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,600,888 times
Thursday what a great experience! And I'm so sorry for your loss.

A lot of times I'll get a feeling that something's wrong and find out later something was wrong at that moment (with a relative, serious illness, or something involving me that I'd find out later). So today I was in a horrible, horrible mood all day...just got progressively worse, then was over...I figured, something's going on involving me this time, some kind of work meeting. Wouldn't you know it a couple of hours later I found out there had been a meeting involving a project to which I was once assigned...project is coming back with irrational deadlines.

However that's probably not all that paranormal as it's more my reality than not, grr...

Old 08-09-2012, 08:54 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Or one person in a past life
Ya just never know.

When your Aunt get hurt, do you feel pain as well?

I know that's common with identical twins but it's something i've often wondered about. I've experienced it once, but it was an extraordinary circumstance.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,276 times
On 7/19/12 took a picture of this. Picture is unaltered. It was enlarged so you could see details a little more clearly.

[url=http://youtu.be/XEqS7H4auvs]I asked, "God are you there?" - YouTube[/url]

Click image for larger version

Name:	face in the rainbow.jpg
Views:	7770
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	99608

Old 08-12-2012, 07:30 PM

23 posts, read 65,998 times
I have a power strip which supplies power to most of my electronics, usually all of the outlets are in use. Yesterday I unplugged the fan from said power strip, leaving one unused outlet.

This evening I got home and flicked the light switch but the lamp didn't turn on. I thought that maybe the bulb was burned out so I replaced it - twice! - but with no luck. Finally I checked the outlet. The lamp was unplugged. I had just used it a few hours prior so it was a bit perplexing, but not unheard of.

The weirdest part is that there was only one available outlet when I plugged it back in. There should have been two from when I unplugged the fan, given that the lamp had just worked a few hours beforehand.

I only live with my dad and I know for a fact he has not been in my room today. This is also one of several strange things that have happened lately that I originally wrote off as the house settling, coincidence, nerves, etc. Now I'm wondering if there might be more to it.

I also had a nightmare last night - one of the most horrific of my lifetime - in which a possessed person told me "It is a haunting". Yikes I slept the rest of the night with the light on And I don't even watch horror movies anymore!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:39 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times
Once, I had been thinking about a member of my husband's family... out of the blue, mind just wandering... just wondering how she was doing as she was quite old. And had been in poor health for years. 15 minutes later got a call, she had passed away Kind of freaked me out.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,432 times
I was standing a few feet from my son holding out a UNO card (he could not see the color or number) and his ghost friend told him which card I was holding.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 PM

569 posts, read 671,377 times
We had 3 things happen recently that made us scratch our heads.

2 Friday's ago my husband and I were sitting in the living room and I was really tired but had to wait to take some medication 1/2 an hour later so I was nodding off. I had a cat on my lap, the others were all in their beds asleep and my husband was sitting in a chair next to me. Across the room from where we were sitting is the front window and it has vertical blinds on it and the window was closed at the time. I heard a HUGE crash and saw the blinds pull out from the window. No one was there. My husband looked at me, we looked at the window, and did a cat count (they were still in their beds across the room, startled but barely awake, and the one that had been on my lap ran off when I jumped). We just shrugged. We have had 'visitors' in the past but nothing on a constant basis.

The second thing happened a few days after that. My husband was cleaning his office and he came across a motion detector toy he had a million years ago (got it to keep cats off his desk, didn't work). Thing hadn't been on in years (been over 10 years AT LEAST). He was sitting at his desk and it went off. He wasn't moving at the time. Could ancient batteries have sprung to life in that moment? Maybe but doubtful. Not even sure there are any in there. Hasn't come on since and we cannot turn it on.

Last night he was in his office and I was in the living room. He comes out and asks what I had just said. I hadn't spoken to him and the tv wasn't on. He heard someone talking to him. I have also heard voices in our house when either no one else is home or he is asleep. My neighbors go to bed with the sun so we know they weren't up talking to each other not that we could hear them anyway.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times
I've been trying to make sense of my most recent happening for two months now.

Hubby and I stopped at a store to pick up a few things, and he parked the vehicle next to one of those cart stalls with my passenger side door being next to it. As he had parked rather close, when I went to open my door I could barely squeeze out, but managed. (Can't be chippin' that paint now! )
When we returned about twenty minutes later, I was able to completely swing my door open without hitting the rails of the cart stall.

The vehicle was locked up tight. The cart stall was immovable. Neither one of us returned to the car to move it for any reason; we were in sight of each other in the store the whole time. I highly doubt that someone accidentally moved the car as it is older with no remote entry capabilities. I am still befuddled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal