Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He died last month while holding my hand. He was my beloved uncle. He did die too young, as do most members of my family.
I'm sorry. How old was he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 04:46 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I'm sorry. How old was he?
Mid sixties. Possibly the longest living member of my family. My Mom (his sister) almost made it to 61. Almost. She died about 19 months ago.

The day my uncle died, my step-cousin was there with me at the hospital. When he got home, his wife had hung herself. He lost his step dad (who was the only real Dad he ever had) and his wife the same day.

Tragedy just follows this family. It's like being a Kennedy without the money.

Thank you for asking, Stars. It helps to talk about it.

I've had just a few paranormal experiences since he left us. The coins I posted about in the "What's the latest paranormal thing to happen to you" thread, and a couple of other little things. Thankfully, I think both he and my Mom made the journey to other side peacefully.

I was interested to hear what people had to say about the photo of me with my uncle. It's my favorite of the two of us.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I've had just a few paranormal experiences since he left us. The coins I posted about in the "What's the latest paranormal thing to happen to you" thread, and a couple of other little things. Thankfully, I think both he and my Mom made the journey to other side peacefully.
My cat went missing in April. I KNEW he wasn't coming back. The first night after, he visited and also a few times after that. I think now he's pretty settled on the other side.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
nah, it was more of a grandma thing. #25 was the only face I could see.
Exactly, and elementary.

So is there a line between deduction ie. Sherlock Holmes, and true psychic ability, or is IT a combination of observation and intuition?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
Quote:
My cat went missing in April. I KNEW he wasn't coming back. The first night after, he visited and also a few times after that. I think now he's pretty settled on the other side.
VISITATIONS and SIGNS, from deceased felines ?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post

Exactly, and elementary.

So is there a line between deduction ie. Sherlock Holmes, and true psychic ability, or is IT a combination of observation and intuition?
I posted the photo knowing it was obvious. She does have a sad history though that wasn't picked up on, or perhaps the forums resident psychics refrain from posting details they feel could offend.

The thread is for fun, to challenge our psychic intuitions ...Anyone is welcome to give it a try, you might be surprised at your abilities and accuracy.

I've noticed those who make psychic claims haven't had much to offer the thread.

Last edited by virgode; 10-03-2012 at 11:49 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 01:54 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I posted the photo knowing it was obvious. She does have a sad history though that wasn't picked up on, or perhaps the forums resident psychics refrain from posting details they feel could offend.

The thread is for fun, to challenge our psychic intuitions ...Anyone is welcome to give it a try, you might be surprised at your abilities and accuracy.

I've noticed those who make psychic claims haven't had much to offer the thread.
What exactly were you expecting? Personally I generally have feelings like that with those I see in person, face to face. Picture reading can be quite a challenge and not everyone's gift is the same. Some pick up those things, others do not even in a face to face meeting. I can also be thrown off a reading no matter what the situation if water is nearby that is deep but I am absolutely terrified of water so my fear of water clouds what I see and feel at times.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What exactly were you expecting? Personally I generally have feelings like that with those I see in person, face to face. Picture reading can be quite a challenge and not everyone's gift is the same. Some pick up those things, others do not even in a face to face meeting. I can also be thrown off a reading no matter what the situation if water is nearby that is deep but I am absolutely terrified of water so my fear of water clouds what I see and feel at times.
The info you gave me as to the photo I posted was spot on. In fact we had another incident where heads are rolling, truly her personality. Shes going thru a difficult time right now so its to be overlooked.

My comment wasn't intended or directed at you. No doubt in my mind tho how the word psychic became a joke. I guess one can claim to be anything they want online.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Yeah, I got that from my Labrador who died last year. The husband and I kept seeing her out of the corner of our eyes for a couple of days, then I had a weird dream where I saw my recently deceased Mom give me a wave and call the dog. In my dream, the dog jumped up and gave me a woof, and then went with Mom. We both stopped seeing her after that.

It could just be my silly brain working overtime, but I'd like to think there's something on the other side for us.

Sorry about your kitty.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Do you feel they SHOULD post more on this thread? Why? To please you or to make it easier to say they are NOT pyschic? I don't think anyone should be made to feel they are not "proving themselves" by not posting on this or any other thread. Just my opinion.

Personally, I like to look at face pics, all face pics, from all over the world, different cultures, different settings, but I have never liked to share my thoughts on those pics. I have never made any claims to being psychic, but maybe those who are psychic are like me, and just don't care to share their thoughts on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal