U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:34 AM

17,664 posts, read 21,846,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
My husband and I had an experience a few years back. I was downstairs and he was upstairs and I was packing my hospital bag because my baby was due in a few days. I saw this shadow behind me, I thoughtit was my husband so I was talking away and thinking to myself how nice of him to help me pack. Finally I relized he was not talking bck so I went into the bathroom and the closet and nobody there. I felt a chill but then ignored it.

I went upstairs and my husband said .. oh there you are. He said he thought he saw me come down the hall earlier, a shadow and started talking to me. When he turned around he saw I wasn't there. I then explained to him what happened to me as well and we were both freaked out.

Would that be considered a shadow person? He both felt a presence and talked to it, it seemed to have happened at the same time. Never had anything like that happen before or since. I can't believe it was just a coincidence we saw the same thing at the same time and felt like we were talking to each other.
That's an interesting phemonomon but it's not Shadow People. That's something different.

This could be something like an out of body experience or a doppelganger.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine when I was a child. We saw her sister flee the house without looking at us or asking where she was going. We thought it was strange for her to run out of the house like that. When we checked her bed, she was still sleeping!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,644,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
T Although dark spirits (tricksters) you can't see. They jump from person to person usually making the person act out of charactor.

Horse****.

Those dark people are not ghosts.

Last edited by NLVgal; 09-03-2012 at 01:11 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,291,548 times
Maybe the lighting and architecture in your house is just placing tricks on you.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,964,263 times
Quote:
My husband and I had an experience a few years back. I was downstairs and he was upstairs and I was packing my hospital bag because my baby was due in a few days. I saw this shadow behind me, I thoughtit was my husband so I was talking away and thinking to myself how nice of him to help me pack. Finally I relized he was not talking bck so I went into the bathroom and the closet and nobody there. I felt a chill but then ignored it.

I went upstairs and my husband said .. oh there you are. He said he thought he saw me come down the hall earlier, a shadow and started talking to me. When he turned around he saw I wasn't there. I then explained to him what happened to me as well and we were both freaked out.

Would that be considered a shadow person? He both felt a presence and talked to it, it seemed to have happened at the same time. Never had anything like that happen before or since. I can't believe it was just a coincidence we saw the same thing at the same time and felt like we were talking to each other.
Aren't you the one who has said more than once that spirits don't exist and it is all a bunch of nonsense and anyone who believes in that stuff is bipolar or schizophrenic? Interesting.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:59 PM

659 posts, read 771,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Aren't you the one who has said more than once that spirits don't exist and it is all a bunch of nonsense and anyone who believes in that stuff is bipolar or schizophrenic? Interesting.

I think people who have conversations with themselves or believe they are talking to a being who is dead and not here anymore are most likely mentally ill and I believe the medical community would agree.

I am talking about the string theory, it is not ghosts, but another dimension. There was a program about this and they discussed shadows, 7 dimensions but I believe now they feel there are many more or possibly endless. FWIW I did not have a conversation with a shadow, only saw a glimpse.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 AM

3,843 posts, read 3,676,643 times
One night, many years ago, I must have been around 10 or 11, I was in the house alone, my parents and brother having gone out to dinner and a movie. I was sitting at my desk which faced a wall, the door to my room at my back. Behind me and to the side some was my bed and on the walls were stereo speakers set on shelves. On one of those shelves I had a rock that I had picked up and carried home which my father had polished for me.

I was drawing and listening to music when something hit me in the shoulder, hard, and bounced to the floor. I looked down and saw the polished rock which normally sits on the shelf on the floor next to my feet. Out of the corner of my eye I saw motion down the hall, a black figure going into my parent's room. Being all of 10 or 11 I jumped up and ran into the room and closed the door behind me.

No one was in the room. The windows were closed and locked, the closet empty. No one else was in the house, my parents and brother not due back for hours yet.

To this day I have no explanation for what occured.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 AM

659 posts, read 771,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
One night, many years ago, I must have been around 10 or 11, I was in the house alone, my parents and brother having gone out to dinner and a movie. I was sitting at my desk which faced a wall, the door to my room at my back. Behind me and to the side some was my bed and on the walls were stereo speakers set on shelves. On one of those shelves I had a rock that I had picked up and carried home which my father had polished for me.

I was drawing and listening to music when something hit me in the shoulder, hard, and bounced to the floor. I looked down and saw the polished rock which normally sits on the shelf on the floor next to my feet. Out of the corner of my eye I saw motion down the hall, a black figure going into my parent's room. Being all of 10 or 11 I jumped up and ran into the room and closed the door behind me.

No one was in the room. The windows were closed and locked, the closet empty. No one else was in the house, my parents and brother not due back for hours yet.

To this day I have no explanation for what occured.

OMG, did you tell your parents about it when they got home? Is it possible at all someone was in your house, like an intruder and you only saw the shadow?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:38 AM

3,843 posts, read 3,676,643 times
Quote:
OMG, did you tell your parents about it when they got home? Is it possible at all someone was in your house, like an intruder and you only saw the shadow?
The figure ran into their bedroom and from there they had nowhere to go as I was behind them by seconds. The bedroom window was closed and locked and hard to access due to heavy curtains and an entertainment center, the bathroom window was closed and locked as well. I would have heard any attempts to get out of the house via the windows. I searched the room top to bottom and there was no one there but me.

Also note: the distance from my room to my parents' is around 30 feet or so, divided by a long hallway. There's no way someone could have gotten into my room, tossed that rock, then made it down the hallway to their room in the time it took me to react to being hit and turning around.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:35 PM

11,076 posts, read 7,197,831 times
I don't think I have anything to add to this thread, but I am finding it interesting.

Oh yes, I do, I remember now.

I've been seen in more than one place at the same time, but I know nothing about it. For all I know, I was where I was, I think!

Old 09-20-2012, 04:29 PM

255 posts, read 387,798 times
They say that if you ever feel like somethings watching you, to not turn around. If you have a mirror, look and see what's in the reflection, it'll most lkely be a shadow person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal