U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 PM

39 posts, read 51,944 times

Advertisements

New to this forum but this topic caught my eye:

Way back when I was in HS, my ex and I were in the basement of my parent's house lying on a couch making out. This part of the basement was a converted garage and had three huge windows, as well as a glass windowed door and two more windows going into the basement proper. What I'm saying is that it was full of light at most any time of day.

So we were on the couch, eyes closed when something made me open mine. The room was dark or so it seemed. Confused, I said, "Why is it so dark in here?" There was literally something standing next to the couch, blocking the light from these multiple windows. I was SO freaked out that I bolted out of the basement and hardly ever went down there again without another person.

Not a chance that it was a cloud or something that would have made the room darken because as soon as I sat up I could see the light in the room again. Bright sunny summer day.

There's no doubt that the house was haunted; we used to joke about it. Lights on and off, door opened and closed. Al the 'usual' haunting sort of stuff. My brother was home sick from school one day, took a nap and woke up to a grandmotherly type woman sitting on the edge of his bed. The older woman actually died in the house, the room we used as a library had been been her room when she was dying.

Nothing that happened in that house ever felt 'bad' except for that one day in the basement. 30 years later I can't go into that room without trepidation.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 PM

2,839 posts, read 4,758,958 times
Elizaloo I think that's more of a shadow person, and that's scary.

I used to wake up in the middle of the night in fear, and I'd see dark shadowy figures. It scared the crap out of me. This went on for AGES.

I finally saw a psychic that a friend had seen and she got rid of it all for me. She told me EXACTLY who was cursing me (and I knew who she was talking about), since then have had no more issues.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,931,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I think people who have conversations with themselves or believe they are talking to a being who is dead and not here anymore are most likely mentally ill and I believe the medical community would agree.

I am talking about the string theory, it is not ghosts, but another dimension. There was a program about this and they discussed shadows, 7 dimensions but I believe now they feel there are many more or possibly endless. FWIW I did not have a conversation with a shadow, only saw a glimpse.

Ming, I would like nothing better than for you to sit in on one of my EVP recording sessions.
You would soon find out that we who are involved in this science are far from being mentally ill, and frankly I find your comments offensive.
Bob.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:52 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,856,733 times
Shadow people I see in my apartment at least once a week, I'll wave and say hello, but no feedback from them..

They are black whispy shapes moving either in my bedroom or in the hallway.

I don't fear them in the least and have never felt threatened by them.

~smile~ When I die my questions will be answered, THAT I'm sure of.....

Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 AM

29 posts, read 49,613 times
I had this in the "What Did You See?" thread, but I see now that it really belongs here.

When my wife was in the hospital recovering from neck surgery, I stayed the night in the 9th-floor room with her a couple times.

Late one night I got up to stretch my legs, and walked over to look out the window where I could see another wing of the hospital. The curtains were open in most of the rooms and some of them had lights lights and/or televisions on, and I could see quite a lot of patients in their beds. But I also kept seeing a kind of constant flickering just at the edge of my vision. When I looked at some of the spots where I know I saw the flickering, there was nothing unusual going on.

After a few minutes, I concentrated on a room a few floors below where I could see an empty bed, and just stared at it.

Then, by concentrating on my peripheral vision, I saw what the flickering was.

It was human-shaped shadows that would either pass rapidly past windows, or - sometimes - stand in the windows for a second or two before flashing away. And it was more or less constant.

I saw shadow people.

And I realized that if they were there, across the way, they were also doing the same thing in the wing - and maybe even the same room - where I stood.

I wanted to bring in a video camera the next night and set it up, but they released my wife the next afternoon.

Considering how many weird people there are in the world, I didn't even bother asking if I could set up a camera in an empty room to get some video of the shadow people. I KNEW the hospital officials didn't want anyone thinking it was haunted, and I figured they weren't about to let some guy with a video camera get a look at hospital patients in their rooms from outside at night.

But I know what I saw.

Last edited by ThePicker; 10-18-2012 at 01:36 AM..

Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,974,807 times
Before assuming it's a ghost, have your home's electrical checked for electromagnetic field (EMF). If there's something wrong with your home's electrics, it could generate high EMF and your condition could make you more sensitive to such fields.

I'm a believer that ghost or spirits do exist thanks to my Cajun heritage and the first ship I served on in the Navy which was very much haunted. Always try to find a logical scientific reason before getting the ghost excuse. Though my first ship was haunted, we did experience many things that were explained by science that some assumed to be ghost. Things like strange noises (thermal expansion/contraction of steel) and pump motors turning on and off by themselves (loose faulty starter switch) are some examples of things we experienced some originally thought of as ghost that turned out to be non-supernatural. However, once you eliminate the science then you can assume possible ghost.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 PM

5,647 posts, read 3,198,175 times
I have only seen a true shadow person once a long time ago. A friend and I had a Ouija board. Advice? Don't mess around with Ouija. Although I told her not to do it, she asked the spirit to show itself. When we looked up, there on her sofa and sitting on my jacket was a shadow figure. It was only a couple of feet from us. It turned it's head towards us and had NO FACE. It also had no gender. The best I can discribe it was a black Gumby figure, if you remember that character.

We immediately put on all the lights and it disappeared. Since it was sitting on my navy wool jacket, it creeped me out having to wear it. I had a white cat and her fur was all over my jacket. When I picked up that jacket, there was not one single white cat hair on that jacket. It was totally free of any fur.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 199 times
Default Gumby

Yes indeed you saw a Shadow Gumbie. I am currently writing about them. They are non-sentient beings but do take commands or I should say they are influenced by sentient beings. They dwell where there is negative energy as well as "when called". They can start out small and lop together to create a much larger creature. They are capable of scratching and perhaps biting. So I wouldn't conjure them up ever again.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:34 PM

18,121 posts, read 16,461,608 times
It was more likely( if it was a paranormal encounter) to be the spirit of a known family member who has passed who was looking in on you and your husband with the impending birth of your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal