U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 05:08 AM

11,629 posts, read 8,038,063 times

Advertisements

Many years ago I knew an antiques dealer, he had a mirror that he sold, the people that bought the mirror, returned it to him. The reason for this return, was that they didn’t like seeing other people in the mirror, people that weren’t there!

Something worth thinking about, when getting your kit off in front of the mirror, trying on clothes, whatever.
I never have a mirror facing my bed, never know who's watching.

Just a theory.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 09-06-2012 at 05:36 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 11:37 AM

20,331 posts, read 25,423,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Many years ago I knew an antiques dealer, he had a mirror that he sold, the people that bought the mirror, returned it to him. The reason for this return, was that they didn’t like seeing other people in the mirror, people that weren’t there!

Something worth thinking about, when getting your kit off in front of the mirror, trying on clothes, whatever.
I never have a mirror facing my bed, never know who's watching.

Just a theory.

I think it's interesting. There are many superstitions surrounding mirrors. I have heard od people who will not use an antique or used mirror because they feel that it carries whatever images were reflected in it.

The superstition of breaking a mirror bringing bad luck is also well known to many. In Feng shui (sp) there are various caveats regarding mirrors.

Certain faiths cover mirrors in black when there has been a death in the family.

I can believe that a mirror could hold residual energy, particularly of something dramatic or tragic.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM

10,343 posts, read 23,044,325 times
Great, now you both have me wondering if I should get rid of that 60+ year old mirror in my garage that someone gave me years ago. It used to be in an old dresser but they took it out of that, and now I have it. I wanted to save it from the dump but never did end up using it. So there it sits.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 PM

577 posts, read 870,695 times
Well I've known a few people (and read about others), who when they get up in the middle of the night for whatever reason, refuse to look in any hallway/living room full or half length mirror in the dark. They can justify it any way they want, but it seems to come down to half expecting to see something looking out at you as you pass. There are those folks who will not have a mirror in their bedroom, or will cover the mirror at night. I'm not sure why reflected glass would bring that out in people, but it seems to. I haven't seen anything in a mirror that shouldn't have been there, but I must admit it is a little creepy passing a mirror in the dark for some reason.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,877,826 times
I'm one of those people who don't like looking in a mirror in the dark. I've never seen anything but it just creeps me out. I also am too scared to buy an old antique mirror, the thought is just scary. I'm sure it sounds ridiculous to some but it creeps me out! I do have a mirror on top of my dresser and that doesn't ever scare me, although at night I do avoid looking in it. Ha!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 PM

1,882 posts, read 2,988,879 times
this is interesting. kind of like cocteau- that classic scene from one of his films whose title escapes me, where they walk through a mirror into another world.....i WISH that were true, would make life a bit more interesting. don't you think?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,033,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
There are those folks who will not have a mirror in their bedroom, or will cover the mirror at night.
Some people love mirrors in the bedroom...just sayin

Old 09-15-2012, 08:28 AM

4,094 posts, read 3,741,611 times
I too have heard that they can sometimes be used as portals into this world from other worlds unless they are sealed.
Some people use bright shiny objects as scrying devices like glasses of water, crystal balls, shiny polished stones, "mirror,mirror on the wall....who is the fairest of them all"
Could be something in it for some (and not just their reflections either).

Old 09-16-2012, 08:19 PM

13,121 posts, read 21,755,066 times
All I know is once, while I was brushing my teeth, I saw a pair of yellow eyes staring back at me from my bathroom mirror.

Somehow, Baby, my cat, climbed and balanced on the shower curtain rail and her weight dragged the spring loaded rod down the wall a foot....

It certainly is shocking when you don't expect your cat there. It could be worse -- she could have leapt onto my back.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 PM

12,743 posts, read 17,730,319 times
I once had an Air Force base commander who had a large mirror installed on the ceiling above his bed during his first marriage. I discovered this from a story I was told and verified it through a window while I was assigned on base detail to water the Commander's lawn one weekend. The story was that the Commander's first wife, supposedly a beautiful blonde, left him for a lowly enlisted staff sergeant. Luckily I never encountered the Colonel that weekend because I was a staff sergeant at the time and felt he may have wanted to kick me into another paranormal dimension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or