Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,091,008 times

Advertisements

I agree with Sheena. No angry ghosts, but I wouldn't mind helping out a few spirits if need be and a haunting wouldn't deter me from buying a house I really wanted. I've seen enough scary stuff in the living world not to be afraid of the un-living.

I don't think I would mind living in an infamous house, though. I'd probably work extra hard to freak out the passers-by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,798,932 times
I am fascinated by haunted places, and would knowingly VISIT a haunted place, but as for living in a haunted place goes, been there, done that, no thanks. It didn't matter that I was never hurt by it, the sheer constant spookiness I felt 24/7 was just a bit too much.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,380,586 times
No. I wouldn't buy a home that I knew was haunted.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:29 PM

23,905 posts, read 32,221,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
I am fascinated by haunted places, and would knowingly VISIT a haunted place, but as for living in a haunted place goes, been there, done that, no thanks. It didn't matter that I was never hurt by it, the sheer constant spookiness I felt 24/7 was just a bit too much.
+THIS^^^^

Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,037,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What is Alton? Is it a haunted town?
Alton, Illinois is said to be one of the most haunted towns in America, they have old underground pools and tunnels that are full of spirits, Alton, Illinois was part of the Underground Railroad, they have many homes that are said to be with spirit and the Old Cemetary is also full of spirit. Neat town overall in my opinion.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,948,192 times
I think I'd probably not worry too much about the haunting unless it was negative. a negative energy in the house brings more than spirits.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,037,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_GarGars View Post
Excellent question!

To which I answer with a big resounding. "AhhellNO!" I...am nothing short of a big 'fraidy wuss. I get creeped out reading scary novels when I'm home alone (although I keep doing it), scary movies make me cringe (but I still watch them), and I am always, ALWAYS, the person that the big, tall, serial killer guy follows at any walk-through haunted attraction. They smell my fear. And the only time my limited imagination decides to work itself into a frenzy is when it decides that every shadow, every noise, and every movement is caused by a spirit.

Now my husband on the other hand, oh yeah. He totally would...were he not married to me. As much fascination he has with the paranormal (and as much experience he has, having been able to sense things and somehow just know what took place at certain locations), he will not bring his scaredy-cat wife into a house that would creep her out.

I creep my husband out all the time with my gift but he has not run screaming yet so I guess he is getting more used to how my gift works. Good choice on your husband's part though not insisting on living in a home with spirits when you knows it scares you so much.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,151,738 times
No -- I wouldn't. A friend of mine from high school went to visit relatives in England and they had a "grey lady".

She stole stuff.

How annoying is it to put down something one room, go for it, find it NOT there.... and then two weeks later find it in a drawer you hardly open.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:35 PM

23,905 posts, read 32,221,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Alton, Illinois is said to be one of the most haunted towns in America, they have old underground pools and tunnels that are full of spirits, Alton, Illinois was part of the Underground Railroad, they have many homes that are said to be with spirit and the Old Cemetary is also full of spirit. Neat town overall in my opinion.

Sounds neat to me!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:19 PM

24,481 posts, read 33,181,829 times
If it's not a famous and well-known haunted house and if the ghost is friendly, yes, I would certainly buy a house that was haunted.

Why not? I already have a "haunted" room.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal