U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 AM

35,104 posts, read 44,332,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
Try doing it out on public and see what the public's reaction would be and long before someone comes to pick you up.

I think anyone who claims to have talked to an invisible person for that many years needed to be evaluated, not told they were talking to a ghost. Seems like the parent was to blame for putting that thought into their kids head instead of getting them professional help.

That actually made me laugh out loud, my Mother is the MOST religious person on this planet and I generally refer to her as "My Mother the Nun", she is the closest thing to being a Nun without actually being a Nun. So your theory of talking to invisible persons is definitely not even close to the reality of my life and the life of many others. Just because you do not believe it does not mean it does not happen and technically they are NOT invisible people. They are spirits who are no longer in their physical bodies but certainly not invisible.

Thanks for the early morning chuckle.....heh heh
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 08:49 AM

Julian, do you know if that home is still vacant and if it is for sale? I would love to know and where it is located. I've been looking for property recently to move back home within the next year or so.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,864,223 times
The property has been sold as of last year.
It's located at 2110 State St. Alton, IL 62002.

Go to Google Maps and you can see the property.
It's next door to what used to be a Phillips 66 gas station.
The house is white with the driveway on the left hand side of the home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Julian, do you know if that home is still vacant and if it is for sale? I would love to know and where it is located. I've been looking for property recently to move back home within the next year or so.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM

659 posts, read 887,446 times
Quote:
[/b]

That actually made me laugh out loud, my Mother is the MOST religious person on this planet and I generally refer to her as "My Mother the Nun", she is the closest thing to being a Nun without actually being a Nun. So your theory of talking to invisible persons is definitely not even close to the reality of my life and the life of many others. Just because you do not believe it does not mean it does not happen and technically they are NOT invisible people. They are spirits who are no longer in their physical bodies but certainly not invisible.

Thanks for the early morning chuckle.....heh heh

What are you babbling about religious people and mother nun's? What? Because your mother is nun my theory is not close to reality? WTF what?

Just because you believe in something doesn't make it real either. There are no spirits roaming the earth, if you choose to believe so thats fine. Not everyone shares your delusions. Get over it.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:25 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,904,543 times
Quote:

Just because you believe in something doesn't make it real either. There are no spirits roaming the earth, if you choose to believe so thats fine. Not everyone shares your delusions. Get over it.
With all due respect, your comment about no spirits roaming the earth like it's fact is your opinion/belief also; it doesn't make it real or true either. I just think it's fair to point out that you're doing the same thing you're telling this poster they are doing.

As for me, I do believe as I have had several experiences and I have lived in a haunted apartment before. I think it's very easy to not believe it unless you're face to face with a ghost. Believe me, you know!!

This is such a great question, I wish I had thought to ask it. I personally wouldn't buy a house that I knew was haunted. I wouldn't like the most likely creepy feelings, sounds, sights, things moving, things disappearing, etc. And I wouldn't want to be saddled with a haunted house that I couldn't sell, because I couldn't imagine selling it without disclosing to the buyer that it's haunted. That's probably the biggest reason I wouldn't buy in the first place. Because I know I'd pretty much end up wanting to get rid of it.
I couldn't wait to move out of the haunted apartment I rented. Sounds funny, but apartments can be haunted too!

Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 PM

20,816 posts, read 26,115,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
With all due respect, your comment about no spirits roaming the earth like it's fact is your opinion/belief also; it doesn't make it real or true either. I just think it's fair to point out that you're doing the same thing you're telling this poster they are doing.

As for me, I do believe as I have had several experiences and I have lived in a haunted apartment before. I think it's very easy to not believe it unless you're face to face with a ghost. Believe me, you know!!

This is such a great question, I wish I had thought to ask it. I personally wouldn't buy a house that I knew was haunted. I wouldn't like the most likely creepy feelings, sounds, sights, things moving, things disappearing, etc. And I wouldn't want to be saddled with a haunted house that I couldn't sell, because I couldn't imagine selling it without disclosing to the buyer that it's haunted. That's probably the biggest reason I wouldn't buy in the first place. Because I know I'd pretty much end up wanting to get rid of it.
I couldn't wait to move out of the haunted apartment I rented. Sounds funny, but apartments can be haunted too!
Actually, on second thought; I'd also prefer a "spirit free home" to one that is infested with paranormal activity.

I am interested in this stuff but having lived in both haunted and non haunted houses, I would prefer the later.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,904,543 times
Right, me too. I'd love to visit haunted houses, but not live in them.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
What are you babbling about religious people and mother nun's? What? Because your mother is nun my theory is not close to reality? WTF what?

I should have explained myself better however, I am not going to waste my time right now, I am not delusional and never have been. I know what I know and one day you will actually find out the what is real and what is not real, I just hope you figure out the next step instead of wandering the earthly plane aimlessly. Good luck when it comes time for you to cross over.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:11 PM

659 posts, read 887,446 times
Quote:
I should have explained myself better however, I am not going to waste my time right now, I am not delusional and never have been. I know what I know and one day you will actually find out the what is real and what is not real, I just hope you figure out the next step instead of wandering the earthly plane aimlessly. Good luck when it comes time for you to cross over.

I understand, I mean we ll hve different experiences in life and mybe some of us are just able to tune in better than others. Have you ever watched that show the dead files with Amy Allen? That woman is amazing, I think she is the real deal.

But I do wonder, is she able just to see past events or is she in fact seeing current activity? I love the show but it scares my little girls so I am unable to watch it as much as I would like to.

Also that edwards guy, I can't think of the name. It has come out he is a fake, so that's what concerns me with Amy Allen.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,450,281 times
i would never buy a haunted place--but have rented 2 places that had spirits---one was an apartment---harmless old guy---liked his cherry tobacco smell that would announce his presence---am currently renting a place wher negativity eminates from the basement---thought it would not affect the entire place since i only went into the basement a few times-----boy was i wrong----will be more vigilant in next rental
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal