U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 PM

659 posts, read 887,206 times

Advertisements

They claim some areas have a higher electro magnetic waves and that causes people to feel poorly or negative energy. I don't know how you test for it, but that is probably the case in a lot of homes that just feel heavy and bad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 10:59 PM

1,882 posts, read 3,023,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I wonder if this could be the root of the problem I am currently having?

The alarm sensor is always chiming that my bedroom window is open, even though its definitely locked. And it doesnt happen all the time, only between like 11pm-4am.

I am constantly awaken by this most annoying disturbance for 3-4 nights in a row and then it will be totally fine for a few weeks before it starts up again. Im not scared in the least, just royally annoyed. lol

I've had the alarm company come over twice and they can't figure it out.

Any ideas?
this may sound weird, but does the moon shine on the alarm? my sister had this problem. i know, i know- but she concluded that her alarm would be triggered if the moon shined on it. certainly fits with the timeline. why this happens i don't know, but it happened to my sister a few times.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:44 AM

20,809 posts, read 26,097,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I would like to add that I think this is often overlooked as the attention is focused on houses with known entities, spirits, etc that often present themselves in a more active manner...

I grew up in a house that just had this negative depressed energy to it. The previous owner was a couple who lost a daughter in a car accident when she was 16 years old and remained in the house over 15 years before selling to my parents over 20 years ago. The previous owners kept strange things in the house, particularly spooky was a pull down chain for an overhead light fixture in the daughters bedroom that had her initials on it. The basement was downright spooky and the owners kept all kinds of odd metal chains in the furnace room. I hated going down there because I don't like basements and it had that cheap 1960s era wood paneling that made things even more depressing. The man nearly committed suicide on the west side of the house opposite of the garage and I could almost sense the negative energy there. I just wondered if anyone agreed with me that some houses have a definite negative energy to them even if they aren't really "haunted"? Needless to say, I'm glad I don't live there any more and have moved on to a different stage in my life.
Well I can't blame you. The house certainly has reason to have negative energy and perhaps a haunting.

I've lived in 4 haunted places. The last, two years ago. Homes are susceptible to haunting because our hearts are there.When someting goes wrong, this energy can act as a beacon to spirits who have passed - or those who can not or will not.

There are homes that I will never live in. Here they are.

1. Where a suicide has taken place
2 where a murder has taken place
3. where there have been mant deaths of young people.
4. infamous homes
5. homes on Native american's have burial grounds.
6. accursed land

Old 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM

7,288 posts, read 11,648,720 times
I am very attuned to energy and I am surprised not everyone, apparently, feels negative vibes. In a house where very bad stuff has happened, I doubt if it can be "cured," but if there is just residual negative energy whose source was not too severe, you can sage the house from top to bottom, call in a Feng Shui practitioner for advice, do a salt ritual on the property, etc.

The feel of a home is so important.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:25 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,904,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

There are homes that I will never live in. Here they are.

1. Where a suicide has taken place
2 where a murder has taken place
3. where there have been mant deaths of young people.
4. infamous homes
5. homes on Native american's have burial grounds.
6. accursed land
I agree completely with this list. My grandparent's home is in the Nevada Virginia Foothills, and the land the house is built upon is Native American Burial Ground. There have also been two deaths in the house, 1 older boy and a smaller girl. My daughter and her cousins who lived there have seen the little girl numerous times. She seems to stay mostly in the basement/laundry room and only appears to other kids. The house definitely has a negative energy and I never wanted to be there alone, and most certainly not at night.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:18 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,399,170 times
Not everyone senses the same negative energy in a house, and perhaps that energy needs activation, as I am sure most of us have heard of children or adolescents doing so, whereas the prior inhabitants, childfree, report never having had a problem - not to discourage those who have kids.

Astrology is not as popular as it used to be, but I knew some people who said an astrologer was right on about problems that they encountered with their house - water, electricity, foundation, that sort of thing.
I think, though, the astrologer does your birth chart and superimposes it on a chart of the house - I'm not sure. It may be that the person would need the date and time the contract of your ownership was created.

I think some people are just open to outside influences more than others and that can be both a blessing and a curse.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 PM

10,867 posts, read 12,345,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Not everyone senses the same negative energy in a house, and perhaps that energy needs activation, as I am sure most of us have heard of children or adolescents doing so, whereas the prior inhabitants, childfree, report never having had a problem - not to discourage those who have kids.

Astrology is not as popular as it used to be, but I knew some people who said an astrologer was right on about problems that they encountered with their house - water, electricity, foundation, that sort of thing.
I think, though, the astrologer does your birth chart and superimposes it on a chart of the house - I'm not sure. It may be that the person would need the date and time the contract of your ownership was created.

I think some people are just open to outside influences more than others and that can be both a blessing and a curse.
Water problems=difficult Neptune transits
Foundation=Saturn problems
Electricity=Uranus problems

Look at your 4th house, transiting planets to that house or transits to the ruler of that house.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:21 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,399,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
Water problems=difficult Neptune transits
Foundation=Saturn problems
Electricity=Uranus problems

Look at your 4th house, transiting planets to that house or transits to the ruler of that house.
Bingo! Good advice, Nancy. Thanks for the information. Makes sense.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 AM

20,809 posts, read 26,097,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I would like to add that I think this is often overlooked as the attention is focused on houses with known entities, spirits, etc that often present themselves in a more active manner...

I grew up in a house that just had this negative depressed energy to it. The previous owner was a couple who lost a daughter in a car accident when she was 16 years old and remained in the house over 15 years before selling to my parents over 20 years ago. The previous owners kept strange things in the house, particularly spooky was a pull down chain for an overhead light fixture in the daughters bedroom that had her initials on it. The basement was downright spooky and the owners kept all kinds of odd metal chains in the furnace room. I hated going down there because I don't like basements and it had that cheap 1960s era wood paneling that made things even more depressing. The man nearly committed suicide on the west side of the house opposite of the garage and I could almost sense the negative energy there. I just wondered if anyone agreed with me that some houses have a definite negative energy to them even if they aren't really "haunted"? Needless to say, I'm glad I don't live there any more and have moved on to a different stage in my life.
I think so too. There are heavy, negative homes with no paranormal activity but an oppressive atmosphere. People become depressed there, argue, things in general go wrong - and sometimes worse - without ever seeing an apparition or having a plate sail across the room.

Very good point!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 AM

259 posts, read 457,218 times
wow, interesting reading. I lived in a haunted house throughout my teens very strange things happened. Turned out many other previous tenants (some relatives) told similar stories. Since then I've learned about my gift to pick up energy from places and people. My biggest problem is doubting my gut feelings and granting the benefit of the doubt for people and places. My husband, my mother, and my sister are the only ones that know this.

So for those of you who did go against your gut feeling and bought the house anyway here's what I would recommend. In fact, I would recommend it for any dwellings.

You can buy little bundles of dry sage. I take one and place it in a little clay bowl. Also designate another bowl or container for salt. Light the sage so that it's burning like incense. Walk with the smoking sage and bowl of salt around the interior perimeter of the home. Toss the salt to every corner of each room and wave the smoking sage. Repeat the following phrase:

"I see only pure reflected light. I am ridding this home of all bad luck and negative energy. Blessed be."

It rids the home of the negative energy. I've been fortunate not to live in negative places since, so I'm not really sure if it works, but I do it anyway as standard procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal