U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 04:46 PM

22,264 posts, read 38,863,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
I don't understand what do you mean of "Negative energy"? does it the same meaning with" negative feeling " ? or you meant another thing like you felt there is such entity or spirit there ?
I wonder if did this feeling come due to knowing the background of that house or not? I see It is a strong possibility.
I mean, I supposed I live in a house that had a negative background such as "committing suicide" but I don't know about its background. I don't have an idea at all.

does it the same feeling like " I live in such kind of houses and I know that there was a man committed suicide in that corner of the house ?
Did u understand what I mean?

I imagine the second one will be too hard. It could make me imagine things not real. Because actually Inside of my self I feel somewhat scare. I'd keep thinking in that story every time I went to that corner of the house.
That doesn't mean I deny a sense for people about houses or any thing else.
But to show you that it's very possible that this sense came from knowing the background of that home.
The negative feelings and energy were definitely related to the inside of the house. The basement was by far the worst aspect of living in the house and it still scares me 20 years later.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 07:45 PM

311 posts, read 407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The negative feelings and energy were definitely related to the inside of the house. The basement was by far the worst aspect of living in the house and it still scares me 20 years later.

This house sounds spooky!! I do believe in negative energy or just a feeling you get. There have been buildings that I have gone into and I felt creeped out. I went into an antique store about a year ago and had to leave. I don't know if it was the building or some of the items. Can't really explain it...just felt like I had to get out of there.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:38 PM

3,180 posts, read 3,906,140 times
When I lived in the aforementioned house in the country, I used to pet/house sit for an older widowed lady who lived 2 miles up the road.

Now this was an area that was just pastures and woods with no street lights anywhere. When I say it was dark, I mean pitch black, at each property entrance and up and down the road.

A few places had pole lights on a motion sensor that would go off when you pulled into the driveway. Hers was like that, but her house sat back in the woods about 200 yards deep, so I would drive back into the dark woods up to her garage area before the flood lights came on.

I'd go into the house via the garage, and once inside it was a gorgeous open living area with a cathedral ceiling and windows for walls that faced the black woods out back. No drapes or blinds, just clear glass floor to ceiling.

I always felt like I was being watched whether I was there daytime or dark of night. The 11pm run to let her dogs out became so creepy to me that I would not come to the house alone. My friend would sit out in the car while I went inside the house and I would find myself hurrying along to just get out as fast as I could.

I never told the home owner any of this, but one day I was visiting with her and we were sitting out on the porch and she said to me that her 5 year old great grand-daughter had recently visited her and ''said the strangest thing to me''.

She went on to tell me that the little girl had been playing in the back yard and came in and told her, ''Bill says to tell you hello and that he is watching over you and the house.''

I replied, ''Who is Bill?'' and she told me that Bill was her husband who died 20 years ago as they were building this house. He designed it and died of a heart attack shortly after it was completed.

After that I made any excuse I could when it came to coming into that house alone. I still feel like I am being watched when I visit her there.

I've never told her about my feeling, but she did reveal to me during one conversation that her husband had been a very controlling, possessive, and emotionally stiffling man who monitored her every move and was highly critical of her involvement with friends or activities outside the household. She would go out to the grocery or just about anywhere and he would be sitting on the front porch waiting for her to come home.

Last edited by HappyDogToday; 07-30-2015 at 12:09 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 11:25 PM

138 posts, read 474,773 times
I enjoyed reading all these experiences. I too feel that I get a feeling about houses or rooms. I wanted to add a good feeling on here. We had to move to New England for a job transfer. Coming from the Midwest I didn't realize how old things are out here. We found a house to rent. It was across the street from a very old creepy cemetery, and I mean old. People from the revolutionary war are buried there. I love halloween and was not put off by the cemetery. The house itself was mostly filled with love. I don't know what it was but I just sensed a very loving couple and kids lived here at one time. I believe it was the original owners from the 50s. It the master bedroom closet there was a tiny ledge in the middle between the doors on the left and the right. I was dusting the closet when I realized the ledge and figured it hadn't been cleaned for years. On it I found an old doily like happy birthday card with swans on it. It was very faded and dusty. It was an unused card with the envelope. I just smiled. I really felt the husband put it there for his wife and forgot all those years ago. I love that card.
We had to leave the house because the owners decide to sell. It broke my heart. I never loved a house so much. Even though it was not perfect....I believe there was something going on in the dining room in the front of the house. I didn't like going in there in the dark. When my brother came to visit he was into all that paranormal stuff from watching ghost hunters and those shows. Well he brought his emf thing and when he turned it on he was in the dining room and it went nuts!! Another time it was hurricane Irene. We all felt safer sleeping in the living room because of possible trees falling. The power was out. At one point I got up from sleeping to use the bathroom. It was next to the dining room. As I left I heard a very clear not friendly deep laugh from the dining room. I did not like it. I really felt it was a prankster from the cemetery. I still loved the rest of the house

Old 09-11-2015, 10:07 PM

638 posts, read 2,046,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut24 View Post
I enjoyed reading all these experiences. I too feel that I get a feeling about houses or rooms. I wanted to add a good feeling on here. We had to move to New England for a job transfer. Coming from the Midwest I didn't realize how old things are out here. We found a house to rent. It was across the street from a very old creepy cemetery, and I mean old. People from the revolutionary war are buried there. I love halloween and was not put off by the cemetery. The house itself was mostly filled with love. I don't know what it was but I just sensed a very loving couple and kids lived here at one time. I believe it was the original owners from the 50s. It the master bedroom closet there was a tiny ledge in the middle between the doors on the left and the right. I was dusting the closet when I realized the ledge and figured it hadn't been cleaned for years. On it I found an old doily like happy birthday card with swans on it. It was very faded and dusty. It was an unused card with the envelope. I just smiled. I really felt the husband put it there for his wife and forgot all those years ago. I love that card.
We had to leave the house because the owners decide to sell. It broke my heart. I never loved a house so much. Even though it was not perfect....I believe there was something going on in the dining room in the front of the house. I didn't like going in there in the dark. When my brother came to visit he was into all that paranormal stuff from watching ghost hunters and those shows. Well he brought his emf thing and when he turned it on he was in the dining room and it went nuts!! Another time it was hurricane Irene. We all felt safer sleeping in the living room because of possible trees falling. The power was out. At one point I got up from sleeping to use the bathroom. It was next to the dining room. As I left I heard a very clear not friendly deep laugh from the dining room. I did not like it. I really felt it was a prankster from the cemetery. I still loved the rest of the house
Of course! Vibes can be good and bad. They are all around us I feel. I've moved into many different places and certainly you can feel an energy into any place you walk into. Sorry you had to move out of that place! Sometimes you just move into a place that feels great. It comes from something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal