U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 AM

1,723 posts, read 3,680,790 times

Advertisements

Can someone explain this?

A young couple have a portable baby monitor with a night vision camera in their bedroom They also have a picture of the WTC building on their wall. With the baby monitor camera on night vision the twin towers light up. . Even if they move the camera the tower still lights up.

I'm hoping one of our ghost hunters who read this thread, will be familiar with night vision cameras and can explain why this is happening.

baby monitor Laurie H. - YouTube

Thanks guys!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 PM

11,501 posts, read 14,514,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Can someone explain this?

A young couple have a portable baby monitor with a night vision camera in their bedroom They also have a picture of the WTC building on their wall. With the baby monitor camera on night vision the twin towers light up. . Even if they move the camera the tower still lights up.

I'm hoping one of our ghost hunters who read this thread, will be familiar with night vision cameras and can explain why this is happening.

baby monitor Laurie H. - YouTube

Thanks guys!
There might be another source of light outside or elsewhere in the room. I do not think it's paranormal unfortunately.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM

I was in their room the other day and they keep it like a cave. I asked him today about any other light sources and they said they specifically looked for them because it was so weird that it was only the towers that had the light on them.

oh, I should have explained better. They only see these lights through the video monitor. That's the thing that she has in her hand in the video. They don't see the lights through their cell phones, or with their eyes

Last edited by Lauriedeee; 09-19-2012 at 02:01 PM..

Old 09-19-2012, 01:59 PM

9,745 posts, read 15,017,248 times
Does it light up in the exact same spot every time? It may be some sort of infrared focusing beam on the camera itself, reflecting off the glass of the picture. But if it happens when the camera's not more or less aimed toward the picture, then it's probably something else.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Does it light up in the exact same spot every time? It may be some sort of infrared focusing beam on the camera itself, reflecting off the glass of the picture. But if it happens when the camera's not more or less aimed toward the picture, then it's probably something else.
I had the same thought so earlier I asked him to move the camera to a different area. He said he moved it away about 4ft from it's original spot and he could still see the lights flashing on the towers. They never see any lights on the picture next to the twin towers picture though and that has glass on it too.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 PM

11,739 posts, read 8,141,701 times
You say flashing!?

What sort of picture is it?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
You say flashing!?

What sort of picture is it?
I posted the link to the video that they took a few posts up.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 PM

6,878 posts, read 8,576,255 times
Laurie,
I watched the video, then watched it frame by frame, and I am convinced it is an infra red signal being put out by the camera.
I believe that signal is tied into the night vision sensor in the camera.
So why does it show up on one picture, and not the other?
There could be a couple of reasons.
The glass covering the two pictures could be of a different molecular structure,whereby one glass has better reflective qualities than the other.
The angle the pictures are hung on the wall could be another.
I would suggest that you ask them to remove the picture in question, and place it on a wall in a different room,and do the experiment over again.
Bob.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,358,230 times
Cal Guy has it. The "Night Shot" feature of a camera uses several infrared LED lights to work. It's probably just pulsing LEDs generated by the camera which are being refracted by the glass of the picture frame, and being infrared they are invisible to the naked eye...but not to the camera.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the responses, and the explanations.

The parents weren't frightened by what they saw on the monitor, they were just amazed to see it happening. They couldn't figure out where the light was coming from.

Bob, I told them what you said about it being an infrared signal and that made sense to them. They also said they're going to experiment a little bit more and see if it happens on other pictures.

The reason they were so amazed when they saw the twin towers lighting up is because their little baby was born on 9/11 of this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal