Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 10:50 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times

Advertisements

Any fellow sun addicts here?! This is something I've been doing for quite some time, but recently hearing more about this being one of the key methods to activating and/or decalcifying the pineal gland. Being told all your life not to stare into the sun, when in actuality, gazing into the sun (responsibly) has many empowering benefits.. People and their weird obsession with sunglasses to block out solar sunshine; shadowing the mind... It's weird, as many pairs of sunglasses I own, I never feel the desire to wear them.. I also cannot stand talking to people wearing sunglasses. The Sun worship preceeding Christianity doesn't seem so strange afterall..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 02:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
I don't wear sunglasses much, also have really good vision in the dark, but I don't live where there is a lot of light pollution, so my eyes are accustom to the dark.
Something about that is why pirates wear an eye patch. Keep one eye in the dark for good night vision.

I enjoy the sun in a safe manner. Never heard about it decalcifying the pineal glad. A major influence on that is fluoride. I'm pretty sure most municipal water supplies have flouride added, so don't drink the tap water. And even though we don't eat it, I won buy toothpaste with flouride added. Flouride is a 'poison'. Yes, it's to 'help' prevent tooth decay, but not by consuming it! Flouride has to sit on the teeth for an extended period of time. Just drinking water with flouride does not serve any purpose.

Sorry - got a bit off track. But it ties in.
We are not to look at the sun and we are being given poison...is someone trying to keep us in the dark!?....I would not be surprised one bit.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:41 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times
Has been linked to cataracts, however.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:24 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
More than just cataracts: The Sun, UV Radiation and Your Eye Health - Eye M.D.-approved information from EyeSmart. For most people this is not the smartest thing to do. The idea of doing retinal damage or developing cancer in your eye is enough to keep most of us away from staring at our Sun. Even if Sun worship preceeding Christianity, don't forget; they did not live that long back then!

Old 12-11-2014, 08:40 AM

All valid points concerning eye health. I would never suggest for anyone to just stare at directly into the sun at high noon or anything, lol. However, allowing the sun to enter your gaze, say, nearer sunrise or sunset when the rays themselves are not intensely damaging.. (should've specified that in my 1st post, sorry)

Old 12-11-2014, 08:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
However, allowing the sun to enter your gaze, say,
nearer sunrise or sunset when the rays themselves are not intensely damaging..
(should've specified that in my 1st post, sorry)
Yes, I bolded them, also...it's a big part to Sun Gazing.
Good topic to make people aware of.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:45 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,554 times
Back then people had very short life expectancies, so taking needless risks and engaging in dangerous activities by our standards was not really a big deal. Also just because we have a vague notion about an ancient practice, doesn't mean that it was quaint and holistic. People in the ancient world who became "disabled" probably became expendable and met an unseemly demise in one way or another. Now if someone decides to wilfully destroy their own health, the rest if society has to foot the bill for the rest of their lives.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:40 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I have to agree... because I was told too much sunlight was the cause of my cataracts at age 42.

My family moved to Arizona when I was 14. I hate wearing sunglasses, and my eyes paid the price. Fortunately, I had the cataracts removed a couple of years ago and I can see clearly again.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:56 AM

People, please don't get it twisted & miss the point. There is a specific reason I created this thread here instead of the Health forums. * I see some people are getting it, and I thank you for your added contributions + streams of thought!

Old 12-12-2014, 10:54 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
The sun grows our crops and it also makes our bodies create vitamin D. It takes about 20 minutes of sunlight a day -- that's not much at all. I never wear sunscreen on my arms, and I had to give it up on my face since menopause hot flashes -- the sweat runs and the sunscreen stings my eyes. (Bad Gal waterproof mascara is my Holy Grail mascara -- I can sweat, it stays, I splash my face with water, it stays. It stays till I take it off with Neutrogena makeup remover. It stays on, no flaking, no running on the massage table. This stuff is SO worth it's spendy price.)

But with my blue eyes and sensitivity to sunlight -- I'll wear my sunglasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal