Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 AM

19 posts, read 25,641 times

Advertisements

So, after many years of being on CD and not posting much, here I go (I will be 50 this year).

I recently found my old tapes from several psychic readings done 1989, 1990, (my late twenties) and a horoscope reading. Very interesting hearing myself as a well as the psychic. I was obviously, in all readings desperate to know Who I would marry and when, any children etc...

All readings were done by well known, respected people, and very, very positive and constructive (if only I was mature enough to listen ), unfortunately none of it came true. I made some poor decisions out of neediness and depression. I have done alot of work these past years to come to terms with and understand why things turned out the way they did.

I'm thinking "free will" is the component that set my course to experience tragedy, OR was it destiny?

1. If I had NOT gone to the event in 1992 and met the person that led to the tragedy , or had listened to my intuition, Would I have had the opportunity to live the very, very positive life as described in the readings? Or

2. Was it my karma to experience these negative events to learn and grow through adversity ? In which case why were the psychic readings so positive?

Of course, if the psychic readings had even hinted to what eventually unfolded, I would have run to the highest bridge .

I have been reading Edgar Cayce, Brian Weiss, and others to come to terms with events, and eventually would like another reading or past life regression if the opportunity presents.

I enjoy many people here on CD and genuinely care about their well being. Any input is appreciated. Selnor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Sorry of your past tragedy.

I wouldn't count on every reading to be accurate. Some friends had a group psychic party, I didn't go. He told one woman she was going to have an accident and the month it would take place. Fortunately for her it never came to pass. In fact, from what I've heard, he was incorrect on most of the readings. Perhaps a bad day, but he too is well known and respected in his field.

I don't know, I think theres something to be learned in every experience that prepares us for the future, or necessary growth.

Edgar Cayce and Carl Jung are good reads on the topic.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:22 AM

19 posts, read 25,641 times
Thank you Virgode.

I agree that growth occurs (if you let it) from difficult times. I've spent years asking "why did this happen" and feeling such guilt and regret. The books I've been reading as of late have moved me along this path of growth and I am finally starting to heal.

I thought it might be interesting to get another reading at this stage in life. I did google the psychic I saw in the 90's and she is now 94 years old! The horoscope man is still practicing but the prices are very high now. They both are a good distance away 4-5 hrs.

Anyway, I enjoy this forum and will participate more, which is a big step for me

Old 09-29-2012, 07:25 AM

305 posts, read 553,423 times
I am glad you posted. It is the great mystery I suppose, how much is free will and how much is destiny.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 AM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
I too am sorry for your tragedy. We have free will and it is entirely possible to ignore good advice from a good psychic when there is something else that you want to hear. We have free will.

It is also entirely possible that the psychics were inaccurate. What is more interesting is what you take away from those readings NOW at 50. Was there truth that you didn't want to hear at the time? What can you do differently from now on?
That is what I'd take away from this.

You are still young and there is so much more that awaits you! Forgive yourself, let go of the past. Your arms must be free so that you may embrace the future.

Best of luck, peace and light.

Sheena

Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 AM

305 posts, read 553,423 times
It was very smart of you to save them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal