U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 01:53 PM

13,490 posts, read 9,734,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthevergeofanervous View Post
I have heard there are underground bases around Denver. There is a lot of interest in Denver, when it comes to the unexplained.
Isn't NORAD around the Denver area? If so, those reports are no more mysterious than the ones we had out here before the govt. actually admitted that area 51 (Groom Lake) does exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM

10,395 posts, read 12,554,208 times
Dulce, NM base is the creepiest if one reads the allegations. Esp the part about "Nightmare Hall." probably all tall tales but still creepy.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM

136 posts, read 172,943 times
So, has anyone astral projected (or more scientifically had an out of body experience) to the inside of the Earth to see whether it is actually hollow or not?

Old 10-23-2018, 05:34 PM

3 posts, read 383 times
There are definitely underground bases that are run by the government and major corporations that work with the government (a.k.a. the shadow government), and they likely have extremely extensive networks of tunnels within the crust of the Earth but buried approximately a few thousand feet or maybe a couple of miles or so at most. However, I do not believe that the Earth could be hollow. The effects of gravity would cause outer layers to collapse inwards (since gravity draws material to the center of mass), and the pressures are immense as you go into deeper layers of the Earth.

As a result, the rock temperature at these layers is extremely high, and this means that the conditions beneath the crust (and even in the lower crust) would be too inhospitable to support life as we know it. Beneath the crust, there are no solid rocks, only magma. While the center of the Earth itself is solid due to extreme pressures, the inner core is greater than 12,000 degrees! Nothing could possibly survive that environment, at least not life as we know it.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:24 AM

4,094 posts, read 3,327,556 times
By examining the motion of earthquake waves, seismologists can determine the structure of the earth's interior. There's clearly layers with different density reflecting earthquake waves, and a big lump at the center.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/t...ra_hueca_9.htm
https://www.earth.com/news/earths-core-jwaves-solid/

These data leave hollow earthers with a choice: either accept that the earth is not hollow, or claim that there's a worldwide conspiracy to hide the "real truth" from the public.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:22 PM

15,232 posts, read 19,884,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
These data leave hollow earthers with a choice: either accept that the earth is not hollow, or claim that there's a worldwide conspiracy to hide the "real truth" from the public.
Anyone taking bets on which one they'll choose?

I would absolutely love to just sit and listen to a Hollow Earther debate a Flat Earther.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:51 PM

9,268 posts, read 10,263,840 times
This is a skeptical presentation, but only the first minute or two is likely to offend anyone. There is some excellent historical information on scientific development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa0bxFW2M_Y

Old 10-25-2018, 02:16 AM

4,145 posts, read 1,857,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Isn't NORAD around the Denver area? If so, those reports are no more mysterious than the ones we had out here before the govt. actually admitted that area 51 (Groom Lake) does exist.
Itís about 60 miles south of Denver, here in Colorado Springs. Iím looking at it from my bedroom window right now.

Itís hard for me to imagine how on earth an entire, self-sustaining city was built inside 2,000 ft of granite but then again, Colorado Springs was built on top of a massive aquifer & we are riddled with caves.

I know the planet earth is solid but the earths crust is definitely a matrix of natural passageways, caverns & underground waterways.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:03 PM

4,094 posts, read 3,327,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I know the planet earth is solid but the earths crust is definitely a matrix of natural passageways, caverns & underground waterways.
The continental crust averages 50km deep. All the aquifers and caverns on earth are close to the surface. The deepest aquifer is the Great Artesian Basin in Australia, and it's 3km deep; deepest cave is Voronya Cave in Georgia (the country, not the state), which is 2.2iim deep.

As you go down, the pressure and temperature rise so you're not going to get caverns down near the mantle. The deepest mine is the TauTona mine in South Africa, at 4km - and the rock face at the bottom is a toasty 140 degrees Fahrenheit. If there are mole men below them, they'd better be wearing asbestos suits.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:24 PM

481 posts, read 113,395 times
On Ancient Aliens, they have reported some story about Antarctica. I forget the time period, but I think it was right before or after WW2. Apparently some ex military guy even told reporters, and stories got out. When he came back to the USA, he was supposedly made to recant by the US Govt.

That's all I remember. Interesting story - makes you go Hmmmmmm

Who knows....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal