Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

I'm a bit suss of this regression business. We all have these fantasies we create, the 'what ifs' where we imagine we're different people, living in a different era. Having a 'special affinity' for say, Jewish culture or the English countryside means nothing in itself. I used to fancy I used to fancy I might've lived a past life somewhere in the New England region of the US because I feel a bond with it, but I don't think it's because I had a past life there.

I think the 'collective memory of the species' thing does make sense though. We all share common ancestral memories and these may be somehow passed on genetically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
If we really do have to live multiple lives, I hope this is my last trip. I'm tired.
Just kill me now. Once is enough. That would mean I'd have to kill myself again and again and

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Just kill me now. Once is enough.
Me too!

As far as remembering past lives, I have trouble remembering where I parked my car at Walmart sometimes.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,599,760 times
Quote:
Just kill me now. Once is enough. That would mean I'd have to kill myself again and again and
On that note I have been told that if you don't break the bad karma and you don't fulfill your purpose for incarnating this time you WILL be sent back.

YAY! During my recent depressing psychic reading I was also told that so far I've ignored my soul purpose so I am on notice that it'll all happen again and worse next time.

Can't I just say right now I refuse to be reincarnated?

I would like to have a past life regression with someone very trustworthy, not sure I can clear my mind enough though. And how do you know if it's a real regression or just your imagination?

If reincarnation is real, then perhaps I had these lives - because I feel such a strong connection (negative or positive):

Italy's Amalfi Coast and also Rome - never been, NEED to go. All Italian culture in general, very hard to explain.

China, Sichuan Province - same as above

The Netherlands - have a very strong negative association with Holland and have since childhood; it is very odd. I mean early memories of basically hating Holland and its architecture, clogs, and tulips. Also associate Holland with bleak factories. My strongest potential past life association. Sounds totally nuts, I know. I even have a gut feeling of revulsion when I see window panes that have a large X in them (is that even Dutch?) . My apologies to the Dutch.

Monterey Bay, CA, and San Francisco - I have been there and it feels much like home. If this was a past life it was probably my last. Have had dreams about that area many times, early 60s surroundings.

Weird, eh? It feels more than just a like or dislike - I really like New York too but though I actually did live there I don't even have the strong sense of connection as I do for the above.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
OK can I request to be a lap dog to some really rich old lady?

Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 AM

261 posts, read 497,206 times
I have a midwestern common upbringing and recall seeing the buddha for the very first time took my breath away. Since then I've tended to seek out the wisdom from buddhism, now that I think about it. I've only just for the first time thought of this as being a clue to a past life.

lately I've been thinking of a couple of people who passed away years ago, how I'd love to believe they've been reincarnated and are once again in my life in a new form. It's a fascinating subject.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
if i have to come back i'm hoping i get to choose where(won't be pennsylvania)

Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
OK can I request to be a lap dog to some really rich old lady?
Can I request to be a lap dog to some really rich Young lady?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:39 AM

261 posts, read 497,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Can I request to be a lap dog to some really rich Young lady?
be careful for what you wish for. A self-absorbed wealthy young lady can be not so warm as we would think.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
No. I REALLY do not believe I have.

However, there are places I believe I've experienced that had an incredible familiarity, as if I had lived there before. The place that comes right to the top of the list is Quebec City, Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal