U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 PM

18,664 posts, read 23,241,522 times

Advertisements

I am beginning to wonder. I posted picturs of our new home and people had a variety of responses. I just wanted to know if anyone thought that it felt negative. No one did, but plenty of people saw faces, people and other images in the windows. I still feel no negativity.

I posted this inside of another long thread, but not many people had the opportunity to see it.

Last weekend was Family Weekend at my son's college. We like to travel at night when the roads are free of traffic, and so we arrived in OH at around 3:20 AM. We missed our new house, and since it was on the way, we decided to drive by the house to sort of say hello, before checking into the Hotel.

It was on the way.

To our surprise, EVERY LIGHT I THE HOUSE WAS ON! From the attic to the basement. Every light. Closets. Hall ways. Garage, Crawl Spaces.

It was lit up like, well...a Jack O'Lantern. We all looked at each other. We knew we had shut off all of the lights with the exception of the front porch light. The rear of the house has motion detector lights.
Strangely, they were off and did not respond.

We went inside and turned the lights off. In closets, bathrooms, crawl spaces, an each and every room.
It as eerie. My daughter was especially frightened.

I did a bit of research when I got to the Hotel. Googled Haunted Places Trumbel County Ohio.

And there it was. A list of schools, stores, libraries, cemeteries, ad oh well....the usual haunts.

But one caught my attention....

It said "Private Residence Central Parkway" additional information stated that in the mile of the 1900s, an extension was added to a home on Central Parkway and the bones of a yomg woman were found.
The owners has complained to neighbors that they had seen an "Indian maiden" running from the property.Others have said that they saw her tending flowers.

Is this my house?

Well I don't know. I do know that my house has an extension in the form of a sunken family room and an attached three car garage. Hardly typical for a house built in the 1920-30s

And I know that the lights were all on. And it was freaky.

So....do you think those of us with intuitive or psychic abilities find haunted houses? Or do they find us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 PM

577 posts, read 828,136 times
Perhaps. But I'm actually thinking that being psychically attuned might simply make you notice what those of us without that ability might never see or experience. If it was my house and I drove by to check on it, would I have had the same experience, or would that have been reserved for someone more sensitive to those sorts of things than I am. Would I have had the lights on at all? I'm not sure.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

So....do you think those of us with intuitive or psychic abilities find haunted houses? Or do they find us?
I believe we may activate them. Have you ever read "The Shining"? Watching the movie doesn't count

In the book, Danny is the little silver key that turns everything on because he's got a "shine" to him.

Just a theory. There may be some other reason that some people experience the paranormal while others go through their lives and don't see or sense a thing.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:57 PM

18,664 posts, read 23,241,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I believe we may activate them. Have you ever read "The Shining"? Watching the movie doesn't count

In the book, Danny is the little silver key that turns everything on because he's got a "shine" to him.

Just a theory. There may be some other reason that some people experience the paranormal while others go through their lives and don't see or sense a thing.
I agree. Watching the movie does not count. Especially in this case. (the film adaptation was good, but as always, not completely faithful)

Yes I agree. There is a house near where I currently live that was the subject of a horrible haunting that was turned into a book, an later a made for TV movie. I have met the girls who lived their. They are now adults, and I believe them. Every word.

I have also met the current residents and they say that the house is quiet, and there have been no disturbances. And you know what? I believe them too!

Different people with different energies draw out - or do not draw out certain things.

I think I may be one of those.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:21 AM

5,875 posts, read 8,844,301 times
So interesting. I've heard some people say that psychics activate the spirits too - that they don't really haunt the house, they visit...I wonder! Kind of makes sense.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:52 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,889,976 times
Quote:
I am beginning to wonder. I posted picturs of our new home and people had a variety of responses. I just wanted to know if anyone thought that it felt negative. No one did, but plenty of people saw faces, people and other images in the windows. I still feel no negativity.

I posted this inside of another long thread, but not many people had the opportunity to see it.

Last weekend was Family Weekend at my son's college. We like to travel at night when the roads are free of traffic, and so we arrived in OH at around 3:20 AM. We missed our new house, and since it was on the way, we decided to drive by the house to sort of say hello, before checking into the Hotel.

It was on the way.

To our surprise, EVERY LIGHT I THE HOUSE WAS ON! From the attic to the basement. Every light. Closets. Hall ways. Garage, Crawl Spaces.

It was lit up like, well...a Jack O'Lantern. We all looked at each other. We knew we had shut off all of the lights with the exception of the front porch light. The rear of the house has motion detector lights.
Strangely, they were off and did not respond.

We went inside and turned the lights off. In closets, bathrooms, crawl spaces, an each and every room.
It as eerie. My daughter was especially frightened.

I did a bit of research when I got to the Hotel. Googled Haunted Places Trumbel County Ohio.

And there it was. A list of schools, stores, libraries, cemeteries, ad oh well....the usual haunts.

But one caught my attention....

It said "Private Residence Central Parkway" additional information stated that in the mile of the 1900s, an extension was added to a home on Central Parkway and the bones of a yomg woman were found.
The owners has complained to neighbors that they had seen an "Indian maiden" running from the property.Others have said that they saw her tending flowers.

Is this my house?

Well I don't know. I do know that my house has an extension in the form of a sunken family room and an attached three car garage. Hardly typical for a house built in the 1920-30s

And I know that the lights were all on. And it was freaky.

Could it have been pranksters/kids who got into the house and turned all the lights on?

If not and you really think the house is haunted, what are you going to do? Are you going to get a paranormal team to come in or someone to bless the house? Or are you just going to see how it goes with the ghosts first?

Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM

5,650 posts, read 7,529,995 times
Quote:
I agree. Watching the movie does not count. Especially in this case. (the film adaptation was good, but as always, not completely faithful)

Yes I agree. There is a house near where I currently live that was the subject of a horrible haunting that was turned into a book, an later a made for TV movie. I have met the girls who lived their. They are now adults, and I believe them. Every word.

I have also met the current residents and they say that the house is quiet, and there have been no disturbances. And you know what? I believe them too!

Different people with different energies draw out - or do not draw out certain things.

I think I may be one of those.
I think somewhere in another thread I explained spirit behavior, and your examples are the true meaning of spiritual behavior.
You as a human being are not attracted to these places, however, your spirit is.
As a human being, you realize you are being placed in these surroundings
You must remember, we humans are never responsible for anything in our lives.
That is left to the actions and thoughts of the spirit within each of us.
No human's spirit is exactly alike.
Some are more elevated than others, and these traits of the spirit are experienced in many ways by we humans.
Often we as humans feel we have some sort of special "gift" whereby we are able to witness things that may seem out of the ordinary, but in fact are more often than not, every day occurrence too spirits.
So who turned the lights on in the house?
That could have happened for any number of reasons, the least of which could have been spiritual.
Do I think it was spiritual,or paranormal?
No I do not.
I believe it was a physical act by someone in the area, for reasons no one will ever know.
Bob.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:54 PM

4,532 posts, read 5,109,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I think somewhere in another thread I explained spirit behavior, and your examples are the true meaning of spiritual behavior.
You as a human being are not attracted to these places, however, your spirit is.
As a human being, you realize you are being placed in these surroundings
You must remember, we humans are never responsible for anything in our lives.
That is left to the actions and thoughts of the spirit within each of us.
No human's spirit is exactly alike.
Some are more elevated than others, and these traits of the spirit are experienced in many ways by we humans.
Often we as humans feel we have some sort of special "gift" whereby we are able to witness things that may seem out of the ordinary, but in fact are more often than not, every day occurrence too spirits.
So who turned the lights on in the house?
That could have happened for any number of reasons, the least of which could have been spiritual.
Do I think it was spiritual,or paranormal?
No I do not.
I believe it was a physical act by someone in the area, for reasons no one will ever know.
Bob.
so if one gets tired of your spirit attracting or becoming aware of other spirits--how can one turn this off(no longer appreciating this)---too much negativity and unhappy spirits in my current area of residence

Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

5,650 posts, read 7,529,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
so if one gets tired of your spirit attracting or becoming aware of other spirits--how can one turn this off(no longer appreciating this)---too much negativity and unhappy spirits in my current area of residence
When ever there is a problem, be it personal, financial, emotional,and, governmental, the solution is usually found at the top.
In government, here in this country, solution are expected to be brought forth by our leaders, including the President.
In emotional, and physical problems, we consult a doctor.
Now who would be the most logical one to contact in dealing with an unwanted spirit.
My advice would be the one that created all in the universe, including spirits.
It won't do any harm to contact your God through prayer, and ask for help in dealing with these unwanted intrusions.
Another way you may rid yourself of them is to ask them to stop the intrusion.
Explain that you would rather they not visit.
The one thing you never want to say is, you're not welcome here.
That automatically puts you in a combative position, one which you will never have the upper hand when dealing with spirits.
If you honestly want answers to your situation, I think these two bits of advice I just handed you will work.
Bob.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:50 AM

11,237 posts, read 7,508,648 times
I don't know, but most of the houses I go in are haunted, sometimes only when I'm there.
I even get accused of leaving spirits behind.
It's a shame I can't call up the ones I would like to meet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal