U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-12-2012, 11:47 PM

1,135 posts, read 604,198 times
Default The Dead Files

So I just recently started watching the TV show The Dead Files.

Do you believe in any of this or is this just entertainment?

Just seeing Amy and her reactions make me want to believe.

My son often says he sees things so I am very open to the idea.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM

6,733 posts, read 3,956,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negative View Post
So I just recently started watching the TV show The Dead Files.

Do you believe in any of this or is this just entertainment?

Just seeing Amy and her reactions make me want to believe.

My son often says he sees things so I am very open to the idea.

Your thoughts?
I have not seen this show, But watched Paranormal witness 2 weeks ago with the GF and both agreed the real people involved look real nervous and scared recounting their experiences. I will check this show out.

Unread 10-13-2012, 08:53 PM

1,155 posts, read 654,760 times
She has to be the most annoying person ever. This is one show I don't believe any of. She seem so fake and so forced. Now Paranormal Witness is amazing. That show scares me.

Unread 10-14-2012, 08:03 AM

6,733 posts, read 3,956,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
She has to be the most annoying person ever. This is one show I don't believe any of. She seem so fake and so forced. Now Paranormal Witness is amazing. That show scares me.
Yes, Even the reenactments are done well.

Ghost adventures I tried to watch, But it seems very fake-They also got caught in one episode with the infamous "Brick toss". There was even one episode Zak started freaking out because a spirit was "taking him over." It's as believable as seeing Elvis and Bigfoot buying beer in 7-11.

Unread 10-14-2012, 11:34 AM

11,002 posts, read 8,194,200 times
I know the ex-LEO from this season's Paranormal Witness episode about the Capitol Theatre:

Capitol Theatre Haunting - YouTube

I've heard the story from him and believe him, but Paranormal Witness gave it the "Hollywood treatment" as usual which cheapens the story in my opinion. The real experience just doesn't translate into good TV entertainment; it's impossible to convey the actual feelings and experiences on such a show without hamming it up. I wouldn't go on TV with my own story because of that.

Unread 10-14-2012, 12:05 PM

6,670 posts, read 8,627,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I know the ex-LEO from this season's Paranormal Witness episode about the Capitol Theatre:

Capitol Theatre Haunting - YouTube

I've heard the story from him and believe him, but Paranormal Witness gave it the "Hollywood treatment" as usual which cheapens the story in my opinion. The real experience just doesn't translate into good TV entertainment; it's impossible to convey the actual feelings and experiences on such a show without hamming it up. I wouldn't go on TV with my own story because of that.
My problem with a lot of these shows -- and I'll include true crime shows like 48 Hours -- there is a story here, but it takes about 10 minutes to tell..... and you have to pad it to fill the hour. So we get to see them go over and over and over and over and over and over the same stuff.

And frankly now they're just making this stuff up. Watched something yesterday as I was crocheting about San Francisco and Alcatraz. After living here for 28 years now there's an unknown creature in the Bay that may have eaten people trying to escape from Alcatraz.

REALLY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal