Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:36 AM

24 posts, read 53,697 times

Advertisements

I have wondered about this for a while. After my children spoke to me many times about before they were born. And I apparently as a young child spoke a lot about my 'past life' to my mum, and years later when she researched the street, and info I had told her when I was around the ages of 3-6 the actually existed.

So I often wonder, if we do all have a past life, and have lived before... Why are there apparent haunting?? And spirits etc??

As I would think that if I pass away I would if I had the option to live again. Rather than stay as a spirit?
As I see so many stories of houses that have, say haunting dating hundreds of years, and spirits who were said to of passed away in the 1800's.
Then those who came to a un timely death, stuck in a place..... Then the next thing I hear/see Past life's. And Past life regression.... Just like my children told me, that they were waiting to come to me... And I told my mum??

Does anyone have any thoughts on this??
I hope I have explained what I mean okay.. As I tend to 'waffle' a tad! And never actually get to the point ! LOL well so my husband so lovingly tells me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 10:52 AM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyWally View Post
I have wondered about this for a while. After my children spoke to me many times about before they were born. And I apparently as a young child spoke a lot about my 'past life' to my mum, and years later when she researched the street, and info I had told her when I was around the ages of 3-6 the actually existed.

So I often wonder, if we do all have a past life, and have lived before... Why are there apparent haunting?? And spirits etc??

As I would think that if I pass away I would if I had the option to live again. Rather than stay as a spirit?
As I see so many stories of houses that have, say haunting dating hundreds of years, and spirits who were said to of passed away in the 1800's.
Then those who came to a un timely death, stuck in a place..... Then the next thing I hear/see Past life's. And Past life regression.... Just like my children told me, that they were waiting to come to me... And I told my mum??

I hope I have explained what I mean okay.. As I tend to 'waffle' a tad! And never actually get to the point ! LOL well so my husband so lovingly tells me!!
If you want true and concise answers to your questions, by all means go to your bookstore, or Amazon.com, and get "The Spirit's Book" by Alan Kardec.
It will tell you all you want to know,and then some.
Bob.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 AM

24 posts, read 53,697 times
I will take a look for it bob... I was told that we have a choice... that we can stay as a spirit or move on. Others told me that God would choose... then i was told you get 3 lifes.... then you remain a spirit... Dont to be honest think any of them... But im not sure myself... though as i said i dont think any one knows for sure do they!
I have some abilitys when it comes to spirits, as in sensing them, but mainly i sense and see things about the living, there emotions, and thoughts can be very clear too clear at times. Like a extrete form of Empathy i even get it from pictures... If i could communicate with a spirit, and get clear replies, that would be what i would ask them!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 AM

580 posts, read 965,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyWally View Post

Reincarnation might be something you could ask a buddhist or Hindu about. As I understand it, if the person lives a good life in these religions they move on to the next higher plain of existence. If they don't they are stuck in their current state and might be reincarnated as a person in a similar caste or a lower caste.

I've heard of a thing in some eastern religions called hungry ghosts. As I understand people who were jealous or greedy in life become these spirits.

Hungry ghost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally, if reincarnation exists, I think maybe some people were too attached or tortured by their lives to pass on and be reborn so they haunt the world of the living as ghosts.

Speaking of reincarnation, I think there are some very interesting coincidences between the deaths and births of different scientists and the fields they all worked in.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:30 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Deceiving spirits sometimes pose as departed human spirits to make people think there is reincarnation and a "second chance". It is given man once to die, and then comes the judgment.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Some theories about the nature of space and time suggest everything is more or less happening all at once, not along a beginning-to-end timeline like we comprehend and experience existence.

If that was the case, the past and future may naturally bleed through to the present from time to time, leading to random sightings of everything from ghosts to UFOs to Nessie and Bigfoot.

Reincarnation claims aren't limited to the past either... some claim to remember past lives that seem to have happened in the future. That suggests that if reincaration happens, it doesn't follow a timeline either.

Anyway, I think reincarnation might be possible but I don't accept the idea the ghosts are trapped or lost souls in between lives. I've got a "ghost" that appears to be a 5 year old girl who died in my house in 1918 but I can't imagine either a god or family member just leaving her innocent young "soul" there if "souls" survive past death.

Some people blame it on "demons" pretending to be dead people but for what end or purpose? Nothing is accomplished by seeing a random ghost doing random things at random times... but accidentally seeing into the past where someone else's life is happening concurrently with your present reality makes more sense to me.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:44 AM

580 posts, read 965,078 times
Chango. You make an interesting point which brings up another possibility. What if these spirits people are seeing are actually living people from other realities? Is it possible that a reality where a timeline is different from ours is bleeding into our own reality causing similar yet different people to manifest as ghosts to us?

What I said before is just a possible explanation from a religious source. I'm sure there are other valid explanations.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:23 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
I think all the opinions thus far are very credible and possible. I also feel that the soul/spirit is infinite and does not follow the concept of time, and that personality and spirit are very closely aligned, so we continue to act/express and/or choose the same path in spirit form that we expressed as conscious beings. Some of us are vengeful and feel we need to stay around to seek that revenge, in ghost form, and others are much more progressive and want to continue to seek knowledge through other lives.

But I don't believe in linear time, so this really doesn't answer the question. Just a partial take on it.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:29 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Hmmm

Wanted - children who have past life memories: Reality show's bizarre casting call for reincarnation program | Mail Online

Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM

6 posts, read 10,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
What if these spirits people are seeing are actually living people from other realities? Is it possible that a reality where a timeline is different from ours is bleeding into our own reality causing similar yet different people to manifest as ghosts to us?
The spirits tell us this is so.

Quote:
What I said before is just a possible explanation from a religious source. I'm sure there are other valid explanations.
I don't know of a Western religion that has any clue as to the true nature of the ethereal planes and incarnations on other planets, universes and/or dimensions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal